Anyone interested in some cheap hosting?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone interested in some cheap hosting?

Post by Sir Savant »

PAYPAL ONLY

If anyone didn't know, I am the unnofficial DCEMU hoster, which means that anyone on DCEMU can get shared hosting from me. Small price to pay for awesome hosting, in my opinion. And I know there are people on the forums that need the hosting.

I'm gonna be renewing my hosting soon, and since a couple of the forum regulars might not get emails from me directly for whatever reason, I'm posting here.

Packages I'm offering:
PAYPAL ONLY and must pay immediately!

Tier 1: $15 Quarterly
100GB bandwidth per month
5000MB storage
Unlimited MySQL databases
Free subdomain on one of two domains or use your own domain

Tier 2: $35 Annually
300GB bandwidth per month
20GB storage
Unlimited MySQL databases
Free subdomain on one of two domains or use your own domain

Time is running out on my account, and I don't know if any of the old users want to renew. If there aren't enough users, I will renew with whoever signs up and split it if they got at least Annually.

I will update this thread once I have no more space for people to sign up, although if I get enough interest, I might upgrade the plan.

For the users I'm already hosting for: Since you guys only paid for a year (mostly), time to cough up the dough, lol. I'll work on the sliding rule and the users wont expire until 3 weeks have passed.

PAYPAL ONLY

I have bought and sold on this forum many times and you guys know I am good on my word. Just post here or PM me for the details on the hosting, and include your paypal funding (CC or Non-CC).

PAYPAL ONLY
Last edited by Sir Savant on Sun May 25, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Anyone interested in some cheap hosting?

Post by BlueCrab »

If I needed hosting, I'd definitely take advantage of that.

But alas, I don't. Sorry... :cry:
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

I'll carry on using mine, I'll catch up with you soon to give you some cash savant. This is damn fine hosting that I've had no issues with at all, the control panel is decent too.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'd highly recommend this hosting to anybody who wants it.

But, I'm probably pulling out. Even though I've been uploading a lot of junk to it recently I don't really have any need for it anymore sorry. :cry:
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

What scripting languages does your host support? PHP? Perl? Python? Ruby on Rails? ASP? Struts?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

not just souLLy now wrote:I'll carry on using mine, I'll catch up with you soon to give you some cash savant. This is damn fine hosting that I've had no issues with at all, the control panel is decent too.
No worries. There is the British Leaving Tax, though... :wink:
butters wrote:What scripting languages does your host support? PHP? Perl? Python? Ruby on Rails? ASP? Struts?
PHP4 Support
PHP5 Support
Full Unix Shell
Crontab Access
Full CGI Access
Ruby On Rails
Canned CGI Scripts
Server Side Includes (SSI)
CVS Repository
Subversion Repository (SVN)

That what you looking for?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Sir Savant wrote:
butters wrote:What scripting languages does your host support? PHP? Perl? Python? Ruby on Rails? ASP? Struts?
PHP4 Support
PHP5 Support
Full Unix Shell
Crontab Access
Full CGI Access
Ruby On Rails
Canned CGI Scripts
Server Side Includes (SSI)
CVS Repository
Subversion Repository (SVN)

That what you looking for?
Yes it is. I'll think about signing up. I've been thinking about getting a website to play around with again.
Last edited by butters on Sun May 27, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

tempting, really. Would certainly be better/faster/more reliable than trying to run my own server, but at the moment I'm flat broke and no one's calling me back on the applications I've submitted this summer.
this is my signature
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

:bump:
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

:bump:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

This deal still up? Looking to start a new website soon, will need some decent hosting.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

OH YES!

Please get a year, pretty please? lol

:bump: in case anyone else was wondering...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I won't have things pulled together until mid-July, but I've been working on a personal art project I'd like to set up with a website. I can pre-pay if you need me to.

How reliable is your server? I want something that I can set up and update periodically (it will involve a lot of images, MP3s, and text), and hopefully stay consistent for a few years. I'd be looking at either the third or fourth package, and I don't want to pay for a year or two in advance if the server is going to be up and down a lot. It's pretty hard to get people interested in a website when it doesn't work half the time :P
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I think my site went down twice, once for scheduled maintenance (they upgraded the hardware) and once because the city took power off of the block without telling anyone. On both accounts everything was back and restored within a few hours.

Only thing about you mentioning MP3s, they don't like streamcast or the like (uses too much cpu, and thus kills off any other sites on that server). And illegal=bad (so if it was illegal, it better not be pulling traffic to attract attention). Of course, I don't expect you doing any of that stuff, so it should be good.

If you are still interested, I need the money in my paypal account by the 21st if not 20th so I can pay for another year or so. I cannot accept CC-paypal because my account was hijacked and pending investigation (someone from Poland withdrew 346 and some change from my bank account) so yeah. PM or email me.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Sir Savant wrote:I think my site went down twice, once for scheduled maintenance (they upgraded the hardware) and once because the city took power off of the block without telling anyone. On both accounts everything was back and restored within a few hours.

Only thing about you mentioning MP3s, they don't like streamcast or the like (uses too much cpu, and thus kills off any other sites on that server). And illegal=bad (so if it was illegal, it better not be pulling traffic to attract attention). Of course, I don't expect you doing any of that stuff, so it should be good.

If you are still interested, I need the money in my paypal account by the 21st if not 20th so I can pay for another year or so. I cannot accept CC-paypal because my account was hijacked and pending investigation (someone from Poland withdrew 346 and some change from my bank account) so yeah. PM or email me.
Ah fuck. I only have CC right now.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

ace wrote:
Sir Savant wrote:I think my site went down twice, once for scheduled maintenance (they upgraded the hardware) and once because the city took power off of the block without telling anyone. On both accounts everything was back and restored within a few hours.

Uh, ask Soully if he can help out somehow. I mean, if this crap with my CC-Paypal account wasn't going on, I would so do it.

Sorry.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Sir Savant wrote:Only thing about you mentioning MP3s, they don't like streamcast or the like (uses too much cpu, and thus kills off any other sites on that server). And illegal=bad (so if it was illegal, it better not be pulling traffic to attract attention). Of course, I don't expect you doing any of that stuff, so it should be good.
No, just straight MP3s...and certainly nothing illegal. Like I said, it's a personal art site...it's all my own original content.

What I am looking to build is a sort of multimedia collection of bits and pieces of a fantasy world...maps, songs, sounds, histories, poems, sketches, etc. that don't even necessarily relate to each other except that they are all fragments of this consistent fantasy world. Think a mutimedia eqivalent of something like Tolkien's Unfinished Tales. (Working title: "Dispatches From a World That Wasn't").

I've been working on material for it for the last year or so, but haven't yet set up a website to host it all. In terms of storage, it would be a sort of loose collection of text and audio and pictures. Nothing fancy--no Flash, Java, or heavy scripting activity, no streaming content. Just a simple HTML website with a repository for the collection of files.

PM me with any necessary information, and we'll get the details worked out.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Sir Savant wrote:
ace wrote:

Uh, ask Soully if he can help out somehow. I mean, if this crap with my CC-Paypal account wasn't going on, I would so do it.

Sorry.
shit really? I opened up this thread to check everything was cool to pay you now and I was gonna pay credit card too. Any idea when the paypal stuff is gonna be sorted out? Like I said I'm gonna go for the Tier 3 one. Again to everyone else the hosting is great, reliable and cheap.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

not just souLLy now wrote:
Sir Savant wrote:
ace wrote:

Sorry.
shit really? I opened up this thread to check everything was cool to pay you now and I was gonna pay credit card too. Any idea when the paypal stuff is gonna be sorted out? Like I said I'm gonna go for the Tier 3 one. Again to everyone else the hosting is great, reliable and cheap.
I may as well upgrade my other PayPal account then. I will let you guys know, but I would also need PayPal fees (I'll look it up in the PayPal calculator). Give me a few to sort it out, k?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Done and done. I will email both ace and souLLy the paypal address to send money to if they are still interested.

To anyone else, I will now charge paypal fees and will update the top post to reflect that. Sorry.