Wow, gas prices are really getting out of hand.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wow, gas prices are really getting out of hand.

Post by Lartrak »

pavelbure wrote:
Calavera wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote: I bet that when we'll all eventually get hybrid cars, and the price of petrol will rise so that we still pay the exact same price to run these "Efficient" cars as what we pay now for our current cars.
Well of course they will! The oil companies have to make money somehow don't they. Also in winter 2004 or 2005 gas was $1.46 here. :o Should have stocked up...
oil companies make the same profit per gallon now as they did years ago. a lot more people are buying gas now. look to the oil producing nations as part of the problem.

damn i wish this "war for oil" would finally come to fruition. :roll:
If I recall correctly, aren't the percentages about the same, but since the prices are up so are profits?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

It just hit $3 a gallon down here in New Orleans about a week ago. Highest its ever been down here. After the storm, it got close to $3, then slowly dropped to around $2. Just in the past 2 months has it began to rise again.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

JellyWarrior wrote:
Calavera wrote:Well of course they will! The oil companies have to make money somehow don't they. Also in winter 2004 or 2005 gas was $1.46 here. :o Should have stocked up...
Does petrol have a shelf life?
(eg. keep it for 3 years and it's reliability decreases)

Stocking up is a good idea but I'll bet there is some kind of law which prevents you from owning a certain volume of the stuff (being explosive, etc).
yes, gasoline does have a limited shelf life. after just a couple of months it gums up and is practically useless. They do sell stablizers for small engines like lawn mowers that'll let it keep over the winter, but even it deteriorates over time.

not to mention the gas companies actually sell different formulas in the summer and winter and even from northern states compared to southern states.. it's all formulated (supposedly) to run cleanly and efficiently in the temperature of the location and season.
this is my signature
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Jaded JAaron77 wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote:
Calavera wrote:Well of course they will! The oil companies have to make money somehow don't they. Also in winter 2004 or 2005 gas was $1.46 here. :o Should have stocked up...
Does petrol have a shelf life?
(eg. keep it for 3 years and it's reliability decreases)

Stocking up is a good idea but I'll bet there is some kind of law which prevents you from owning a certain volume of the stuff (being explosive, etc).
yes, gasoline does have a limited shelf life. after just a couple of months it gums up and is practically useless. They do sell stablizers for small engines like lawn mowers that'll let it keep over the winter, but even it deteriorates over time.

not to mention the gas companies actually sell different formulas in the summer and winter and even from northern states compared to southern states.. it's all formulated (supposedly) to run cleanly and efficiently in the temperature of the location and season.
No doubt gas does "go bad" after awhile. But not after a couple of months. I've started vehicles that have been sitting with gas in them for AT LEAST 5 years, and while the gas is no V-power it is still quite usuable.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

Its $3.35 here in Washington state. Good thing I bought my little hyundai (35-40 miles per gallon) a few years ago otherwise I would paying $30 dollars or more to fill up my gas tank.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Paid $3.45/gal two days ago, need to figure out why my car is getting 23mpg. Damn thing should be getting 27+.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I bounced a check filling up. This is getting ridiculous.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Apparently prices are meant to be lowering shortly, well so they said on the radio.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

And they will go up again once the hurricane season hits.