Spider-man 3 (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Spider-man 3 (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Post by Covar »

Anyone else see this yet? i thought it was great. it wasn't a straight venom movie which i thought was good. the harry, peter stuff was great, and i'm glad thats what they focused on.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

It totally exceeded any expectations I had for it, and I expected a whole lot. I was about as excited as I was for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - and if you know me, I had never been that excited for a movie before.

Spoilers:
-They obviously went with a more humorous approach with this one, the audience was generally laughing at least once a scene.
-I thought the character development between Harry, Peter, and Mary Jane was very well done
-I also thought the character development between regular Spiderman, Peter, and Symbiote Spider man was close to perfect. It wasn't completely subtle like I expected it to be, but it was certainly entertaining and well produced.
-There was a serious lack of development between Harry Osborne Sr. and Jr. however. I expected a lot more in this regard
-LIGHT SABRE-TYPE SWORD!
-The meshing of the four superheroes was done particularly well. Having Venom and the Sandman facing off against Spiderman and the Green Goblin was perfect.
-The combat scenes blew my mind
-The final scene with the Sandman and Spiderman was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I thought the tear-jerking moment was out of place and unbelievable.
fixed so the spoilers dont show up if people are using a dark skin, H

Over-all great movie, I'd see it again.

More spoilers to follow later.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

It was entertaining and a good film. Not as good as the second though.

In brief:

Good

Some excellent action scenes.
Very good acting from everyone.
Much more Bruce Campbell than the other two
Venom looked decent
I liked the fate of Sandman, even if the last scene seemed sudden

Bad

Collapses under its own weight storyline wise. There is simply too much going on in the second half. Lots of stuff was very abrupt. In particular, the butler's revelation was a major deus ex machina.
The whole emo Spider-Man thing was laughable in a couple spots. Sometimes deliberately funny, sometimes not. The film trips and falls flat on its face when Peter starts dancing.

On the whole. definetly worth seeing if you liked the previous two. Not amazing though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

better than the 1st (that one puts me to sleep)
..so i avoided the second one..
...saw this with friends... and it was ok.. the fight scene looked too much like a video game.. a lot of cg... flawed cg..
crabcakes
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

It was well done. Despite the multiple storylines, I believe they gave each subplot adequate screen time so as to satisfy the viewers. It was indeed heavy on the action, which was thankfully justified by its storytelling. I liked how they handled the Sandman character....do you realise that he is the only villian in the Spider-Man films to survive? Maybe they have plans on bringing him back in a future sequel...

And as for the symbiote, that could come back anytime too. Dr. Conners still has a piece of it at the University :wink:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Some of the scenes really hurt my eyes. For instance, I could barely look at the screen or comprehend what was going on when the cops were surrounding the dump truck, or when Sandman was coming back to life after being transformed. WAY to blurry.

Emo scenes killed the movie, along with the overburden of the love story and Topher Grace playing Venom. Fucking Dolph Lungrend would have been a better choice, and thats saying a lot.

I'd give this a dumbs down.

What are they going to cast a 5'8 140lb guy to play Carnage when the time comes?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

carnage was a short and pathetic guy. That's kind of the point....
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

That's what I thought.^^

Anyway, overall not bad. I was hoping for more, but really wasn't disappointed all that much. Emo Spiderman = bleh.

And so... no more Venom I spose? Shame really.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Sandman is essentially unkillable in the comics. They more or less kept that in the movie, which I thought was neat.

And yeah, it's really too bad that we can't have more Venom. He's great. Should have gotten his own film.

I thought Eddie Brock was well played by Topher Grace, but I don't like the film incarnation as much as in the comics. He's much more of a pathetic jerk here than in the comics, for instance. In the comics, the story that Spider-Man exposes him for was an accident - he didn't deliberately fake anything.

Oh, and JK Simmons is still fantastic as Jameson.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Lartrak wrote:And yeah, it's really too bad that we can't have more Venom. He's great. Should have gotten his own film.
He was supposed to.
Lartrak wrote: Oh, and JK Simmons is still fantastic as Jameson.
TOTALLY agreed.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Great movie. The first movie was kinda boring. Second was good, since it had a better story. However, this one exceeded my expectations. I watched it with my brother who is a big Spider-man fan, and we both enjoyed it. I'm not getting the whole emo Spider-man thing, unless you're referring to the emotional scenes between Peter and Mary Jane every five minutes throughout the entire movie. Overall though, I really liked it, and I'm not a comic fan by any means.

And it's nice to see Mr. Campbell back again. :lol:
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I didn't go to see it, but I think I might now.

( I skipped past the spoilers. )
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Great movie. The first movie was kinda boring. Second was good, since it had a better story. However, this one exceeded my expectations. I watched it with my brother who is a big Spider-man fan, and we both enjoyed it. I'm not getting the whole emo Spider-man thing, unless you're referring to the emotional scenes between Peter and Mary Jane every five minutes throughout the entire movie. Overall though, I really liked it, and I'm not a comic fan by any means.

Emo=SPidey = scenes after he is influenced heavily by the symbiote and gets the emo-style haircut and black eye liner.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

ace wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:Great movie. The first movie was kinda boring. Second was good, since it had a better story. However, this one exceeded my expectations. I watched it with my brother who is a big Spider-man fan, and we both enjoyed it. I'm not getting the whole emo Spider-man thing, unless you're referring to the emotional scenes between Peter and Mary Jane every five minutes throughout the entire movie. Overall though, I really liked it, and I'm not a comic fan by any means.

Emo=SPidey = scenes after he is influenced heavily by the symbiote and gets the emo-style haircut and black eye liner.
Ah. The hair isn't really emo hair, but I did notice the eye liner. I just didn't think much of it.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I liked it.

There was a whole fuckton of stuff they tried to cover. It came off alright. For me just seeing Spiderman and Venom fight was godlike. I've wanted to see that for so long. And the bell tower bit. Liked that. Also. Fucking shit everything in the movie was epic as fuck. I loved it though.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

So yeah, I just got back from seeing that film. Though it was totally worth watching once, I could never, ever see it again.

Things that were good:
-The overall humor. Wow, was that film hilarious at times. It never really took itself seriously at all during the first half and was great because of it.
-I admit I've never read the comics. But despite this, I totally felt that this movie was able to contain everything it needed to accomplish in the short time it had. It was able to take four hugely important superhero/villains and give them all importance enough that even me, who has never read a Spiderman comic, could totally follow along and develop emotion towards each one. There are not too many movie out there that can take that much material and create something that solid with it.
-The actors are still great at doing these movies. Jameson is the best, as always. The new people were great too, especially the dude they cast for Brock.

The bad:
-There were some scenes in the movie that were either completely random or caused terrible plot holes, such as:
---Why did they suddenly change the camera work to cops style for the dump truck scene and nothing else?
---Why, at the parade, is Spiderman standing on a building thats only 4 stories high in front of thousands of people with his mask off, and why, out of the hundreds of cameramen waiting for him to enter at that specific spot not notice this and take a picture?
---If that butler knew all along that Spiderman did not kill Eddie's dad, why did he wait until now to tell him? "Hey, you know how you went on a murderous rampage terrorizing and destroying the city several times just to seek revenge on Spiderman? Yeah, about that..."
---The final scene with Sandman? Boy was that ever sudden. They could have added 30 seconds more just to film the point where he changed his mind instead of 'I'm going to kill you...no, nevermind, let me explain everything'.

Also, Peter 'Fall Out Boy' Parker was extremely annoying at times. The dance scene in the club especially was so terribly awkward that it was almost uncomfortable watching it.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

The final scene with Sandman explained:

Sandman visits the doctor for Penny's cure and promises him more money for research for a cure. Sandman gets frustrated and throws the doctor through some window or medial stuff.Notice that the Sandman background was a complete subplot which was cut from the movie. The doctor would go to the police and together they would go to Penny and ask her to stop her father. Penny and Sandman's ex-wife appear at the construction site when Sandman is just about to smack Spider-Man and asks her father to stop it all, and that she understands.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:Penny and Sandman's ex-wife appear at the construction site when Sandman is just about to smack Spider-Man and asks her father to stop it all, and that she understands.
See, and why couldn't they have added that part? I mean, that would easily compress to 20 seconds in order to clear up a major flaw.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
ace wrote:

Ah. The hair isn't really emo hair, but I did notice the eye liner. I just didn't think much of it.
I immediately thought it was Emo-like. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I audibly laughed when Peter pulled the hair in front of his eyes after "killing" Marko.
No signature.