help whit plasma tv.......

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help whit plasma tv.......

Post by Yonke »

heres the deal

My sister got a pioneer plasma HDTV
the tv got all kind of inputs (vga-component-composite-cable-etc) but the tv doesnt have a turner (dont know if is the correct name) so rigth now she conect the cable signal to a vcr and using the vcr as the tv turner for the cable signal..........

i dont know if exist but......
what im looking is for a tv turner that can conect to the plasma tv using component or vga to get the best quality........

and also looking for some antena whit tv turner so i can get digital signal from the local tv channel
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

First of all I want to say it makes it really difficult to understand what you're talking about if you're not going to use proper sentence structure, punctuation and paragraph format. Please forgive me if English isn't your first language. Anyway I'm going to take a shot in the dark.

I'm pretty sure these things are restricted to your area. You will have to decide how much you're willing to spend a month and contact providers in your area who can send you a digital signal.

I have never had digital TV in my home so I don't know what the options are but your tv probably has HDMI. If cable companies are broadcasting a signal with a resolution that high you may want to look into it since you want the best quality and don't skimp out on the audio. A crystal clean Hi def image should be paired with a equal sound system.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

JuddWack wrote:First of all I want to say it makes it really difficult to understand what you're talking about if you're not going to use proper sentence structure, punctuation and paragraph format. Please forgive me if English isn't your first language.
He lives in Mexico. Of course English isn't his first language...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

It is stupid that they are having TVs today without tuners... perhaps it is because of the changeover to HD next year?

Either way, my neighbor had the same problem and just used a VCR to tune.

- Fuzmeister
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

The reason many midrange HDTVs don't have tuners is to save money since most people buying a pricey TV will have cable or sattelite boxes for the extended channels. Anyways, are you sure it doesn't have a tuner, Yonke? Pioneer isn't a budget brand and I would assume all their sets had tuners. You list a cable input in your list of inputs. If it has a cable input then it has a tuner.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yonke - A VCR is your best bet. A cable signal is basically a composite video signal. Converting that to VGA first isn't going to improve quality at all.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

A friend's brother has the same issue... he bought a brand new 42" Sony plasma display, but the salesman told him it was a TV, complete with tuner. He's not tech-savvy at all, so he's really pissed off about it. I told him it's no big deal, he can switch to digital cable, or satellite TV...

He insists on trading the display for my friend's old 32" LCD TV... he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I told my friend to go for it.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth