Concerts-Bands, etc..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:59 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Concerts-Bands, etc..

Post by StriderXg2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:46 pm

Anyone gone to any? My first show was Radiohead in 03 (even though id been on a christian band tour at the alive festival in 2000, Supertones, Five iron frenzy..hung out with em!......third day..) and i missed a chance to see Oasis for free in 05, a huge communication error was made and my brother took his roomate instead. Now, in May im seeing Modest Mouse on the 5th. Yay for cheap tickets for good bands.
Thomas
Thomas
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Concerts-Bands, etc..

Post by Thomas » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:52 pm

StriderXg2 wrote:Anyone gone to any? My first show was Radiohead in 03 (even though id been on a christian band tour at the alive festival in 2000, Supertones, Five iron frenzy..hung out with em!......third day..) and i missed a chance to see Oasis for free in 05, a huge communication error was made and my brother took his roomate instead. Now, in May im seeing Modest Mouse on the 5th. Yay for cheap tickets for good bands.
Hopefully for you the guitarist dosen't start cutting himself on stage again.
User avatar
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:48 pm
Location: ny
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by CupNoodle » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Been to lots and lots of concerts. Saw The Sword on Tuesday. They seem like pretty cool guys. Talked with the bassist before they went on and a little bit after the show. The crowd was small and comprised of hipsters and mid-life crisis folks in Mastodon shirts. I was the only one banging my head. Stupid hipsters...

Openers were Priestbird and Year Long Disaster.

Here's their MySpace page if you haven't heard of them.
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11443
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Specially Cork » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:24 pm

I used to go regularly and now go semi-regularly.

I almost never go to shows in arenas. I think you get a much poorer experience coupled with a much more expensive ticket price. I'm lucky because I'm in Manchester and we're full to bursting with small rock clubs and stuff. Almost all British and American bands will drift through on tours fairly regularly.

I remember going seeing Billy Talent when they toured on their first album. cost me about £3.50 to get in and we were in a room with about 100 people max. I don't even like the band that much but the night was amazing because the atmosphere was so damn good.

AS for biggers shows I try and get to festivals when I can. I'm going to one in Japan this year with a pretty good line-up (all Western stuff). I'm looking forward to it but I think the Japanese cultural traits of being well organised, polite and clean will detract from the festival experience. You can't even camp there as far as I'm aware.
Image
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:59 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Concerts-Bands, etc..

Post by StriderXg2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Thomas wrote:
StriderXg2 wrote:Anyone gone to any? My first show was Radiohead in 03 (even though id been on a christian band tour at the alive festival in 2000, Supertones, Five iron frenzy..hung out with em!......third day..) and i missed a chance to see Oasis for free in 05, a huge communication error was made and my brother took his roomate instead. Now, in May im seeing Modest Mouse on the 5th. Yay for cheap tickets for good bands.
Hopefully for you the guitarist dosen't start cutting himself on stage again.
who?Isaac? Thom?
Thomas
Thomas
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Concerts-Bands, etc..

Post by Thomas » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:58 pm

StriderXg2 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
StriderXg2 wrote:Anyone gone to any? My first show was Radiohead in 03 (even though id been on a christian band tour at the alive festival in 2000, Supertones, Five iron frenzy..hung out with em!......third day..) and i missed a chance to see Oasis for free in 05, a huge communication error was made and my brother took his roomate instead. Now, in May im seeing Modest Mouse on the 5th. Yay for cheap tickets for good bands.
Hopefully for you the guitarist dosen't start cutting himself on stage again.
who?Isaac? Thom?
Not sure which, absolutepunk.net had a post about one of their shows and the guitarist cut a 12 inch long gash on his chest at a show a few weeks ago.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:59 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by StriderXg2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:59 pm

ah well.hope something weirder happens.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16219
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:07 pm

I'll be seeing Modest Mouse May 8th.
It's thinking...
User avatar
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Posts: 3061
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by hearld500 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Modest mouse was in town something like a month ago. Didn't hear about it untill it was too last though. : /
User avatar
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by politoe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:16 am

I shall be seeing the Mars Volta on April 3rd.
Also, I will be attending the Coachella Music fest on April 27.28.29

Maybe.... I will go see Daft Punk
User avatar
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:06 am
Location: Cary, NC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Covar » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 am

i almost went and saw billy joel. i regret not going now.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
Posts: 2663
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:34 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by jaredfogle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:11 pm

One of the better bands in the local scene is playing friday.

I saw Robyn Hitchcock at a tiny theatre in Nashville a week or so ago. He's an incredible musician. John Paul Jones played mandolin the whole set. Very cool.

Bright Eyes is coming back to the Ryman (Nashville's most respected venue--it's a bit of an honor to play there).

I'll most likely be attending the Bonnaroo festival this year. White Stripes. Should be good.


live music is better. bumper stickers should be issued.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
User avatar
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Nashville,TN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Zealous zerotype » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Around when is bright eyes coming? I'll have to go to that and yea I'll most likely be going to Bonnaroo this year as well. We'll have to meet up :D.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:48 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by JKKDARK » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Of course, Glam Metal concerts! Poison, Mötley Crüe, Warrant, White Lion, Dokken :)
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Posts: 5492
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:29 pm
Location: Goodison Park
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by perry » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:38 am

BoneyCork wrote:I used to go regularly and now go semi-regularly.

I almost never go to shows in arenas. I think you get a much poorer experience coupled with a much more expensive ticket price. I'm lucky because I'm in Manchester and we're full to bursting with small rock clubs and stuff. Almost all British and American bands will drift through on tours fairly regularly.

I remember going seeing Billy Talent when they toured on their first album. cost me about £3.50 to get in and we were in a room with about 100 people max. I don't even like the band that much but the night was amazing because the atmosphere was so damn good.

AS for biggers shows I try and get to festivals when I can. I'm going to one in Japan this year with a pretty good line-up (all Western stuff). I'm looking forward to it but I think the Japanese cultural traits of being well organised, polite and clean will detract from the festival experience. You can't even camp there as far as I'm aware.
Where abouts are you in Manchester Boney ? Every couple months I have a group that gathers in fallowfields and goes out. So far consisting of 1 Scouser, 1 Manc, 2 Cockneys, a few from Oxford, a Finnish air hostess.. a few more I forget. i've been out to a few of the rock clubs around there. Been impressed so far.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
User avatar
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2001 7:25 pm
Location: My window seat electric chair
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Vlad Tepes » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:00 am

I've been to quite a few concerts. Some of the bands I've seen...that I can remember anyway...

Alkaline Trio (4 times)
Reggie and the Full Effect (3 times)
Thrice
Thursday (2 times)
The Mars Volta
AFI
Coheed and Cambria (2 times)
Pennywise (2 times)
Emory (2 times)
From Autumn to Ashes (2 times)
Against Me!
Silverchair (2 times)
Collective Soul
311
Juliana Theory
Rise Against
Better than Ezra
Live
Candlebox (2 times)
Fear Before the March of Flames
Deathcab for Cutie
Finger Eleven (before their debut album released)
Creed (in the early early days...before they sucked)
Linkin Park (not my choice)
POD
Hoobastank (oh god...the memories...make it stop!)
Fuel
My Chemical Romance
Jimmy's Chicken Shack (2 times)
Brazil
mewithoutYou (4 times)
Buckcherry (2 times)
Blood Brothers
Anberlin
MxPx
Chevelle
Dredg
Dry Kill Logic
Nonpoint (3 or 4 times...I loose count)
Incubus
Murder by Death (2 times)
Offspring
Underoath

I've got pit tickets to the MCR show in Atlanta next month, though, I'm not going for MCR, I'm going for Muse, who I've been wanting to see for a while. I'm also planning on going to the Mastodon/Against Me!/Cursive show in May, as well as Thrice, also in May.
User avatar
Specially Cork
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11443
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:01 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Specially Cork » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 am

perry wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I used to go regularly and now go semi-regularly.

I almost never go to shows in arenas. I think you get a much poorer experience coupled with a much more expensive ticket price. I'm lucky because I'm in Manchester and we're full to bursting with small rock clubs and stuff. Almost all British and American bands will drift through on tours fairly regularly.

I remember going seeing Billy Talent when they toured on their first album. cost me about £3.50 to get in and we were in a room with about 100 people max. I don't even like the band that much but the night was amazing because the atmosphere was so damn good.

AS for biggers shows I try and get to festivals when I can. I'm going to one in Japan this year with a pretty good line-up (all Western stuff). I'm looking forward to it but I think the Japanese cultural traits of being well organised, polite and clean will detract from the festival experience. You can't even camp there as far as I'm aware.
Where abouts are you in Manchester Boney ? Every couple months I have a group that gathers in fallowfields and goes out. So far consisting of 1 Scouser, 1 Manc, 2 Cockneys, a few from Oxford, a Finnish air hostess.. a few more I forget. i've been out to a few of the rock clubs around there. Been impressed so far.
I'm on the outskirts. Royal Mail actually list me under Cheshire but in every other sense I'm in Greater Manchester. Not that I'm complaining, a Cheshire address adds a juicy premium onto the value of your house.

Anyway whenever you're next going into the city let me know and maybe we can meet up or something. I'm skint right now though, waiting for my next student loan payment to come through at the end of April.
Image
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Posts: 5492
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:29 pm
Location: Goodison Park
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by perry » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 am

BoneyCork wrote:
perry wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I used to go regularly and now go semi-regularly.

I almost never go to shows in arenas. I think you get a much poorer experience coupled with a much more expensive ticket price. I'm lucky because I'm in Manchester and we're full to bursting with small rock clubs and stuff. Almost all British and American bands will drift through on tours fairly regularly.

I remember going seeing Billy Talent when they toured on their first album. cost me about £3.50 to get in and we were in a room with about 100 people max. I don't even like the band that much but the night was amazing because the atmosphere was so damn good.

AS for biggers shows I try and get to festivals when I can. I'm going to one in Japan this year with a pretty good line-up (all Western stuff). I'm looking forward to it but I think the Japanese cultural traits of being well organised, polite and clean will detract from the festival experience. You can't even camp there as far as I'm aware.
Where abouts are you in Manchester Boney ? Every couple months I have a group that gathers in fallowfields and goes out. So far consisting of 1 Scouser, 1 Manc, 2 Cockneys, a few from Oxford, a Finnish air hostess.. a few more I forget. i've been out to a few of the rock clubs around there. Been impressed so far.
I'm on the outskirts. Royal Mail actually list me under Cheshire but in every other sense I'm in Greater Manchester. Not that I'm complaining, a Cheshire address adds a juicy premium onto the value of your house.

Anyway whenever you're next going into the city let me know and maybe we can meet up or something. I'm skint right now though, waiting for my next student loan payment to come through at the end of April.
Will do. Just missed actually was up there last weekend for three days.

I wish I'd bought a house in Liverpool before all this crap kicked off. There's hardly anyway anyone my age is buying houses around here, prices are getting rediculous.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:48 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by JKKDARK » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Vlad Tepes wrote:I've been to quite a few concerts. Some of the bands I've seen...that I can remember anyway...

Alkaline Trio (4 times)
Reggie and the Full Effect (3 times)
Thrice
Thursday (2 times)
The Mars Volta
AFI
Coheed and Cambria (2 times)
Pennywise (2 times)
Emory (2 times)
From Autumn to Ashes (2 times)
Against Me!
Silverchair (2 times)
Collective Soul
311
Juliana Theory
Rise Against
Better than Ezra
Live
Candlebox (2 times)
Fear Before the March of Flames
Deathcab for Cutie
Finger Eleven (before their debut album released)
Creed (in the early early days...before they sucked)
Linkin Park (not my choice)
POD
Hoobastank (oh god...the memories...make it stop!)
Fuel
My Chemical Romance
Jimmy's Chicken Shack (2 times)
Brazil
mewithoutYou (4 times)
Buckcherry (2 times)
Blood Brothers
Anberlin
MxPx
Chevelle
Dredg
Dry Kill Logic
Nonpoint (3 or 4 times...I loose count)
Incubus
Murder by Death (2 times)
Offspring
Underoath

I've got pit tickets to the MCR show in Atlanta next month, though, I'm not going for MCR, I'm going for Muse, who I've been wanting to see for a while. I'm also planning on going to the Mastodon/Against Me!/Cursive show in May, as well as Thrice, also in May.
your taste is horrible
User avatar
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by arrowhead » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:32 pm

JKKDARK wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote:I've been to quite a few concerts. Some of the bands I've seen...that I can remember anyway...

Alkaline Trio (4 times)
Reggie and the Full Effect (3 times)
Thrice
Thursday (2 times)
The Mars Volta
AFI
Coheed and Cambria (2 times)
Pennywise (2 times)
Emory (2 times)
From Autumn to Ashes (2 times)
Against Me!
Silverchair (2 times)
Collective Soul
311
Juliana Theory
Rise Against
Better than Ezra
Live
Candlebox (2 times)
Fear Before the March of Flames
Deathcab for Cutie
Finger Eleven (before their debut album released)
Creed (in the early early days...before they sucked)
Linkin Park (not my choice)
POD
Hoobastank (oh god...the memories...make it stop!)
Fuel
My Chemical Romance
Jimmy's Chicken Shack (2 times)
Brazil
mewithoutYou (4 times)
Buckcherry (2 times)
Blood Brothers
Anberlin
MxPx
Chevelle
Dredg
Dry Kill Logic
Nonpoint (3 or 4 times...I loose count)
Incubus
Murder by Death (2 times)
Offspring
Underoath

I've got pit tickets to the MCR show in Atlanta next month, though, I'm not going for MCR, I'm going for Muse, who I've been wanting to see for a while. I'm also planning on going to the Mastodon/Against Me!/Cursive show in May, as well as Thrice, also in May.
your taste is horrible
Not so. Mostly good bands.

How was pennywise? I want to see a pennywise show, 311 as well.
Post Reply