Free encoder for mpg to Xbox360 format?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Free encoder for mpg to Xbox360 format?

Post by Veggita2099 »

Anybody know of a program that is either free, or at least a fully functional demo? I have found a couple of problems after sifting through crap but they only let you convert half the file or some crap like that.

I have seen some that let you stream from your PC through a complicated hack, but I don't really want to do that either. I can't bring myself to pay for something like this as I probably will only use it a couple of times. Thats why a fully functional trial would work fine. I guess it just has to convert from mpeg to wmv.

I have spent the last 45 minutes or so flopping around google only to keep finding crap.

*edit*

I probably should mention I did try vcdhelp.com. It recommened Automk or something like that. In any case I could not get any of the download links to work as the website is under construction. Go figure lol.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'd also like to know this. I've been meaning to make a thread for it but forgot.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

http://www.tversity.com/home

TVersity media server. With a fast enough CPU you can stream any video live to your 360. No hacks, and minimal setup required.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

sixteen-bit wrote:http://www.tversity.com/home

TVersity media server. With a fast enough CPU you can stream any video live to your 360.
I tried that and couldn't get my 360 to recognize my computer, though it can stream music from WMP11 just fine. Maybe I did something wrong in the configuration.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Thing is I really don't want to have to have my PC on to do this. Id rather just convert them to a wmv and I can put them on my flash drive or a SD memory card. Smart Soft Video Converter looks like it would be great but the trial version only lets you convert 70% of it. Just not willing to pay over $30 for something I won't use very much.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I managed to get my 360 to recognize TVersity, but when I try to load a divx file from my 360, TVersity performs an illegal operation and crashes, and my 360 tells me the format is unsupported.

EDIT: Scratch that, it crashes when I try to play any video format. It plays music though.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

i have the same problem