Gaining Weight Really Fast

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gaining Weight Really Fast

Post by S. Thompson »

Not sure how fast the human body can gain weight, but I feel like I've put on a ton of pounds in the past two weeks. I started my new software dev job and it's been so cold outside that I haven't been able to run or do anything. Is it possible that I could've gained enough weight that my pants from two weeks ago won't fit anymore...?

:x :cry:

- Fuzmeister
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Take a good healthy shit and lay off the stuff loaded in sodium, you're probably just bloated.. or you wore pants too small to begin if they're that tight already.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yeah that seems pretty abnormal and unhealthy that your pants wouldn't fit in just two weeks. As Xylene said it could just be some bloating, so lay off anything that may retain water for a bit.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

drink lots of water.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

its probably water weight, nothing that won't go away with a week of exercise.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Yeah, water is heavier than you think. I once lost 11 pounds of water weight in one week.

You might also try an over-the-counter diuretic. Just don't take it before bed.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I was gaining weight pretty fast when I went from a job where I probably walked 5 miles a day to one where I sit on my butt all day. Once my metabolism slowed down and I stopped eating as much, I started losing the weight again without any real exercise.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Play Wii? )()(
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

YOU'RE NOT DR. ZOIDBERG
It's thinking...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

|darc| wrote:YOU'RE NOT DR. ZOIDBERG
That's right, I'm Jesus Zoidberg.

- Fuzmeister
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I work in software development, and while I've never really been "fat" I was borderline overweight according to my BMI.

I've taken up bike riding every day, I do weights every day and have also cut a lot of crap out of my diet. Thus far I've gone from 85kg to 80, and I'm going to be happy at somewhere between 70 and 75.

You should consider creating a regular exercise routine, even if you don't do much exercise watch what you eat.

I believe that having stuff like soft drink all the time probably makes you put on a lot of weight, also all the snacks that you eat during the day all add up. Try and cut back on that a little. I really like stone fruit, and I've been having that instead of going to the cupboard and grabbing a biscuit or something.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Water and glycogen retention most likely. I wouldn't stress too much unless you can see and feel a bucketload of adipose sitting on your muscle.

No one needs to be drinking soft drinks and eating candy all the time either, especially with a desk job. I've been working a desk job for nearly 3 years but manage to keep in shape. Seeing 300-400lb people is motivation to not just let myself go. :?
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Also try the following:

BMI Calculator - Metric | english

You can use that to make sure that your weight is in the normal healthy range for someone of your height.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

eat healthier, count calories and maybe ddr
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I used the BMI and it says im overweight for being 6'3" and weighting 220. Thats BS apparently i have to be under 200 lbs to be normal weight O_o. Hell i barely even have a gut what does it want me to lose lol
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ceeg wrote:I used the BMI and it says im overweight for being 6'3" and weighting 220. Thats BS apparently i have to be under 200 lbs to be normal weight O_o. Hell i barely even have a gut what does it want me to lose lol
You "barely" have a gut? Maybe it wants you to lose what you just barely have?

Regardless though, some people's body types need special consideration instead of a simple BMI. Very broad people, for instance, or those who are very muscular.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

yeah well if you have a gut hanging out then i guess your over weight... then again i'm overweight accoerding to this...unless your very atheletic your prolly over
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Lartrak wrote:
Ceeg wrote:I used the BMI and it says im overweight for being 6'3" and weighting 220. Thats BS apparently i have to be under 200 lbs to be normal weight O_o. Hell i barely even have a gut what does it want me to lose lol

Regardless though, some people's body types need special consideration instead of a simple BMI. Very broad people, for instance, or those who are very muscular.
I have a football build kinda, and my gut is very small it barely shows but without a shirt you can notice it. But even then that gut isn't 20 lbs+. The BMI thing is wack.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Ceeg wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

I have a football build kinda, and my gut is very small it barely shows but without a shirt you can notice it. But even then that gut isn't 20 lbs+. The BMI thing is wack.
No it's not. It's the same thing doctors, nutritionists, and dietitians use.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

butters wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

No it's not. It's the same thing doctors, nutritionists, and dietitians use.
Just cause they use it doesn't mean it makes any sense.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag