Help with home network!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with home network!

Post by djray »

so i just bought a wireless router and a wireless usb adapter and i'm going to setup a small wireless network in the house for the first time...

before i start reading the instructions and whatnot, just thought i'd get a quick 411 from you guys (granted i'm not a hardware person)!

i don't have high-speed, so i just want to setup my network to share only disk drives and maybe a printer... NO NET ACCESS!

do i have to do anything "special" to bypass the net configuration?

thanks in advance!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

When running the Network Setup Wizard in Windows XP, you have the ability to choose an option stating that the computer does not have an internet connection.

"Other ---> This computer belongs to a network that does not have an Internet connection."

Note: I haven't actually ever selected this option myself, as I do share an internet connection over the network.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

took some time and effort but it's up!
ahh xp's wizards put me in loops! hehe

thanks az!