$@!& Best Buy!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

$@!& Best Buy!

Post by royhubbs »

Well, since there is a love topic for Best Buy I thought Id chime in with my lovely story of my laptop I bought from there, and I did buy the psp for 3 years. After the first years warranty was up with the manufacturer, which i sent it to 3 times for repairs in one year.
I have now brought it in to best buy 4 times. One it was just bad ram, the second time my monitor wouldnt even turn on, they replaced it seemed all was well. Just brought it in the end of November, they replaced the motherboard and some other crap. I get it back Dec 6th take it home, the fuckin thing wont even stay on for more than 5 minutes without turning off. So I brought it back the next day Dec 7th. I just got it back today the 29th of Dec after they replaced the hard drive and the casing to the computer and such, but when I went and brought it in They never took the disc to restore the OS. So i figured no big deal I can do it when I get home. I put in the disk it loads up, and as soon as It gives me an option of how I want to install , the computer turns off everytime.
So it appears Ill be driving 30 mins to best buy again tommorow to get them to give me a new computer since they can't seem to fix it. They supposed;y have a no lemon policy, and if this isnt a lemon I dont know what is.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

It's a lime.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

ur an ass
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

people still buy prebuilt computers?
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

royhubbs wrote:ur an ass
It was a joke.

Lemon, Lime, get it? I have no motivation to be an ass, so I'm not sure how you extrapolated that.

As for prebuilt machines yes, people still buy them. Either out of laziness (pay and it's built for you) or out of fear/ignorance. A computer is as easy to put together as a Lego set, just a very expensive one.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

APE wrote:
royhubbs wrote:ur an ass
It was a joke.

Lemon, Lime, get it? I have no motivation to be an ass, so I'm not sure how you extrapolated that.

As for prebuilt machines yes, people still buy them. Either out of laziness (pay and it's built for you) or out of fear/ignorance. A computer is as easy to put together as a Lego set, just a very expensive one.
every single person i've known to buy prebuilt machines do so specifically for the tech support.

edit: thinking again, I should amend that to exclude those who were exporting the machine.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

its a laptop? u can build laptops?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

royhubbs wrote:its a laptop? u can build laptops?
Yes
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

SlammedNiss wrote:people still buy prebuilt computers?
i did.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

...this is in the wrong forum isn't it. Offtopic maybe?

Anyways..you could build a laptop, but seriously, nobody does that. Your options are much more limited than in the desktop market. There aren't a whole lot of enthusiast laptop parts out there, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense compared to building your own desktop. And of course most people still buy prebuilt computers at places like Best Buy. I know plenty of people that call the entire computer case and everything in it "the CPU," and have no idea whats really in it. They'll know words like processor and RAM, but they don't know which ones go together..
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Dont bother with Best Buy and their repair center(forgot the name). In 2000 i took my old JVC there to get repaired 4 times in 5 months and each time it worked for about a week and then there were sound problems again. In Feb 2001 their no lemon policy came into effect and I got a new camera for the old cameras value and paid the difference for it. In other words, they dont know what the hell theyre doing..just humor them and eventually you'll get a new computer.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

politoe wrote:
i did.
I did too.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

JellyWarrior wrote:
politoe wrote:
i did.
I did too.
Me too.

Surprising how many people don't know how to build a computer, eh? :lol:
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Lunchbox wrote:Surprising how many people don't know how to build a computer, eh? :lol:
Pfft, I build computers all the time, I just got an order for 3 computers to be built today. I'd just rather buy a pre-built notebook because with a notebook they're more expensive and I like to have a warranty.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

JellyWarrior wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Surprising how many people don't know how to build a computer, eh? :lol:
Pfft, I build computers all the time, I just got an order for 3 computers to be built today. I'd just rather buy a pre-built notebook because with a notebook they're more expensive and I like to have a warranty.
OK, I'll admit it. When I bought my laptop last year, I bought a prebuilt Toshiba. Even if I knew you could build your own, I more than likely wouldn't have.

But, when it comes to PC's, I don't even see myself buying a prebuilt again. You get stuck with hardware/software you don't want and end up paying for. Although, a format will quickly remove any of the un-needed software.
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Best Buy Sucks, Over charge, under delivery, that's their motto!
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

007Cheater wrote:Best Buy Sucks, Over charge, under delivery, that's their motto!
Isn't it "Thousands of possibilities, get yours!" ?

)()(
Last edited by Caboose on Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

007Cheater wrote:Best Buy Sucks, Over charge, under delivery, that's their motto!
How does one under deliver?
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Terrible customer service, once you buy the product, they aren't very happy to help you, unless you buy the extended service plan, then they are happy to help you of course.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Best Buy sucks, Circuit City sucks, Officemax sucks, CompUSA sucks, Wal-Mart sucks, <insert random retailer here> sucks...

Any retailer can suck, and any retailer can be awesome. Stores in one town can have a completely different attitude than another. And even in the same store a person can have a bad experience or a good experience depending on who helps them. So saying an entire company sucks based on one store or one experience is like saying an entire movie sucks based on watching it for 3 minutes.