DoD forbids HTML in email

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DoD forbids HTML in email

Post by APE »

http://www.fcw.com/article97178-12-22-06-Web
Due to an increased network threat condition, the Defense Department is blocking all HTML-based e-mail messages and has banned the use of Outlook Web Access e-mail applications, according to a spokesman for the Joint Task Force for Global Network Operations.

An internal message available on the Internet from the Defense Security Service (DSS) states that JTF-GNO raised the network threat condition from Information Condition 5, which indicates normal operating conditions, to Infocon 4 ?in the face of continuing and sophisticated threats? against Defense Department networks.
They still haven't realized that the computer that has the B2 Bomber plans doesn't need to be internet accessable. These idiots are supposed to be helping to keep our country safe but can't seem to figure out the basics of network security.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

so <blink>WARNING! WARNING!</blink> is out?
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

All lies. If I wanted I could still access HTML based email on DoD computers today.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant