Map of active hate groups in the US

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Map of active hate groups in the US

Post by APE »

http://tolerance.org/maps/hate/index.html

Surprised to see Nazis in California at all.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Damn Illinois nazis.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

European American Heritage Foundation is a hate group?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

The next town over from me (Scotts Valley) has one. :lol:
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

pixel wrote:Damn Illinois nazis.
LOL @ Blues Brothers
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Woot! According to that site, even though WV has 10 different "hate" groups, we haven't had any "hate incidents" in over a year. :rumpshaker:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm... there had been a Neo-Nazi ... camp? in my hometown for quite a while. Guess that rumor was true.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

SuperMegatron wrote:European American Heritage Foundation is a hate group
In the sort of language hate groups often use, "European-American Heritage Foundation" sounds a lot like a euphemism for "save white culture from the brown-skinned invaders". I can't find much real info on it, except that it's apparently been involved in shady "charity" activities and that its founder is a member of the "White Nationalist" forum Stormfront.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

There isn't any in nm (nevermind?).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
In the sort of language hate groups often use, "European-American Heritage Foundation" sounds a lot like a euphemism for "save white culture from the brown-skinned invaders". I can't find much real info on it, except that it's apparently been involved in shady "charity" activities and that its founder is a member of the "White Nationalist" forum Stormfront.
If he's like a typical poster on Stormfront, he's one of the worst human beings alive.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Lartrak wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
If he's like a typical poster on Stormfront, he's one of the worst human beings alive.
Yeah, I remember when (I think it was) you originally posted that site. It's some of the most vile stuff I've ever read, It actually made me sick.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I thought there'd be a lot more in ohio, and much more wide spread. I am surprised to see one in Canton, the next big city south.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

What? They're none in NM? >_< That makes me so angry, I'm going there since it's only 40 minutes away and starting one up. Especially since I hate Old Mexicans d<

Ahh crappy joke
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Roofus wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
Yeah, I remember when (I think it was) you originally posted that site. It's some of the most vile stuff I've ever read, It actually made me sick.
Yeah, it was me. It's just about the only time anything I've read online has seriously disturbed me.

BTW, I'm fairly surprised they don't have the Michigan Militia on there in my home state. They often get listed as a hate group, even though they're really not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_militia
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Oh the group just didn't sound like a hate group. I would have thought that it was a cultural center or something.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

SuperMegatron wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
Oh the group just didn't sound like a hate group. I would have thought that it was a cultural center or something.
Yeah, that's the idea. bigotry isn't exactly fashionable these days, so bigots tend to signal each other with "code" of sorts; veiled references, euphemisms, symbols and so on. This is why, to cite one well-known example, Trent Lott got heavily criticized for saying
Trent Lott wrote:I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either.
Sounds innocent enough, right? Well, have a look at what Mr. Thurmond was running on:
Strom Thurmond wrote:All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches.
I don't choose this example to judge Lott. Maybe Lott is racist. Maybe he's not racist, but wanted to give a nudge-and-wink to racists in the audience. Maybe he was just trying to lionize a fellow Republican, forgot his history, and chose his words badly. In any case, the point is that his statements received such scrutiny in part because most modern bigots are more interested in gathering influence than in being visible to the public. If you just take everything at face value, it looks like bigotry is little more than a historical curiosity with a handful of kooky latter-day adherents, sort of like the Flat Earth Society. The truth is a bit more sobering: bigots, no longer served by waving their banners in public, have taken to infiltrating the halls of political and media power and pulling in anyone who will listen with specious arguments about national identity, moral values, and border security. It's not a pretty picture.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i dont know why i laughed when i saw this, but there is a "jewish defense league" about 30 minutes away...

other than that, all i got around me is:

Racial Nationalist Party of America
League of the South
Nation of Islam
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

MKE wrote: Nation of Islam
How are they racist? Aren't they just Muslims
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

SuperMegatron wrote:
No. Nation of Islam is (almost?) entirely African-American, and their leader, Louis Farrakhan, has unequivocally stated that he is against the mixing of races, and in the past has made anti-white and antisemitic statements, though he denies being an antisemite.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:
Have you not heard of the Nation of Islam? Malcolm X???

Dude, hate groups don't name themselves "Fuck the Jews" or "We Hate Niggers." They form rational-sounding names because they think their ideas are rational, too.
It's thinking...