Judge rules no circumcision for 9-year-old

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Judge rules no circumcision for 9-year-old

Post by Roofus »

A judge in a case closely watched by those who oppose circumcision sided Tuesday with a divorced man who did not want his 9-year-old son to undergo the procedure.

Circuit Judge Jordan Kaplan said that circumcision is ?an extraordinary medical procedure? for a 9-year-old and that the boy can decide for himself when he turns 18.

The boy?s father sued to block the operation in a dispute with his ex-wife. The couple?s 2003 divorce decree gave the father the right to be consulted before the boy underwent any ?extraordinary? non-emergency procedure.

The father said he believed surgical removal of the boy?s foreskin could cause long-term physical and psychological harm. The child?s mother wanted the procedure to prevent recurring infections. She testified that the boy had suffered five bouts of painful inflammation and had begged her to help him.

Newborns in several mainstream religions are routinely circumcised as part of their faith, but religious beliefs did not figure in the ruling.

The Associated Press is not identifying the parents to protect the boy?s privacy.

Alan Toback, the father?s attorney, said the man is extremely happy with the judge?s decision. A telephone call to the mother?s attorney was not immediately returned.

Most U.S. newborn boys are circumcised. But a growing number of parents are opting against the surgery. The percentage of male babies circumcised has fallen from an estimated 90 percent in 1970 to about 60 percent today.

In a 1999 policy statement that was reaffirmed this year, the American Academy of Pediatrics said there are ?potential medical benefits? to circumcision, including a reduction in risk of urinary tract infections. But the academy said there is not enough evidence to recommend routine circumcision of newborns.

Link
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I'm sure the kid is going to be happy with a painful dick for a week or 2. Have a doctor convince both parents then do it, otherwise there is no point.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

I'm sure the kid is going to be happy with a painful dick for a week or 2
Having surgery for any condition that will clear up in a week or two is stupid.
Dark Schneider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dark Schneider »

I'm sure the kid is going to be happy with a painful dick for a week or 2. Have a doctor convince both parents then do it, otherwise there is no point.

I think we all know who is circumscized and who isn't in this discussion :D :D :D :D
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I'm circumcised and couldn't imagine not being circumcised. What I've seen of uncircumcised penises seems strange and alien to me. On the other hand, it's also strange to think that when I was just a baby someone cut up my dick for it to be the way it is today. It's almost like I have a belief somewhere deep in my psyche that my penis is how all penises should be, and that uncircumcised penises are freaks. I know that's not true and I'm actually the freak, but having lived with my penis all my life, it's hard to imagine it any other way. I love my Mr. Happy!!!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:I'm circumcised and couldn't imagine not being circumcised. What I've seen of uncircumcised penises seems strange and alien to me. On the other hand, it's also strange to think that when I was just a baby someone cut up my dick for it to be the way it is today. It's almost like I have a belief somewhere deep in my psyche that my penis is how all penises should be, and that uncircumcised penises are freaks. I know that's not true and I'm actually the freak, but having lived with my penis all my life, it's hard to imagine it any other way. I love my Mr. Happy!!!
What you haven't seen is alien and somehow worse to you. Basic human nature, unfortunately.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:I'm circumcised and couldn't imagine not being circumcised. What I've seen of uncircumcised penises seems strange and alien to me. On the other hand, it's also strange to think that when I was just a baby someone cut up my dick for it to be the way it is today. It's almost like I have a belief somewhere deep in my psyche that my penis is how all penises should be, and that uncircumcised penises are freaks. I know that's not true and I'm actually the freak, but having lived with my penis all my life, it's hard to imagine it any other way. I love my Mr. Happy!!!
Could be Mr. Happier. Oh well, the doctor lopped it off.
It's thinking...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Dark Schneider wrote:

I think we all know who is circumscized and who isn't in this discussion :D :D :D :D
I'm not sure how you derive the conclusion from the arguement but I'm relatively certain you guessed wrong. In my anthropology class we were going over the concept of gender. This one boy went in as an infant for a circumcision and the doctor used a heat based method instead of a traditional knife. Low and behold the kid lost his johnson and spent the next 14 years being told he was a she. He recently had surgery to give him something to work with but I'm sure it's not the same.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Roofus wrote:
The child?s mother wanted the procedure to prevent recurring infections. She testified that the boy had suffered five bouts of painful inflammation and had begged her to help him.
Does anyone else see the logic behind this, someone didnt read the post fully.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Hawq wrote:
Roofus wrote:
The child?s mother wanted the procedure to prevent recurring infections. She testified that the boy had suffered five bouts of painful inflammation and had begged her to help him.
Does anyone else see the logic behind this, someone didnt read the post fully.
I did miss that part :oops:, but the point still stands. Just replace "will clear up in a week or two." with "can be prevented entirely with a basic hygiene lesson."
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

But that would mean taking some responsibility, in todays world thats unheard of.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers