Firefox 2 Released!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Prophet][ »

if you right click on the tool bar and go customize. you can then drag icons onto the new window. Then once its in Firefox you can drag it to where you want it to appear on the tool bar.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

probably the one cool feature that i just found out (dont know if it was mentioned yet) is i just had to restart my computer, and when it came back on, firefox gave me the option to restore firefox to it's state before the shutdown.

kind of a cool feature...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I tried Firefox awhile back, but I didn't like it because I couldn't find a way to put the tabs at the bottom like you can on Opera. Is there a way to do this?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Tabs at the bottom?

Blasphemy!

... and this hardly looks like a 2.0 release... a full whole number? Pffff... lame.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sometimes it gets retarded on me and it doesn't load anything until I restarted - and the "dead" instance keeps running on the process tree.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Okay, I'm going nuts here, so could someone help me out? I have grown quite accustomed to clicking the down arrow on the address bar, choosing the address I want to go to out of my recent visits, and clicking on it to go straight to it. But now when I select an address in the address bar, it places it in the bar but doesn't actually load the page until I hit enter or click the go button. This is beyond annoying for me, especially since I've been doing this for years now with no problems. How to I make it auto-load the address that I choose like it always use to do?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

melancholy wrote:Okay, I'm going nuts here, so could someone help me out? I have grown quite accustomed to clicking the down arrow on the address bar, choosing the address I want to go to out of my recent visits, and clicking on it to go straight to it. But now when I select an address in the address bar, it places it in the bar but doesn't actually load the page until I hit enter or click the go button. This is beyond annoying for me, especially since I've been doing this for years now with no problems. How to I make it auto-load the address that I choose like it always use to do?
Yeah the same thing is happening to me as well, but the thing is my RC3 didn't do that before, it just started to happen yesterday
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I am using Firefox 2.0, and it's not doing that to me. If I choose something out of the address bar, it automatically goes to that page.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

curt_grymala wrote:I am using Firefox 2.0, and it's not doing that to me. If I choose something out of the address bar, it automatically goes to that page.
Ditto. Perhaps frequent upgrades broke your profile? Try migrating certain things one at a time to a new profile.
Juan wrote:Sometimes it gets retarded on me and it doesn't load anything until I restarted - and the "dead" instance keeps running on the process tree.
Definitely just migrate to a new profile. Your problems should stop.
Calavera wrote:I tried Firefox awhile back, but I didn't like it because I couldn't find a way to put the tabs at the bottom like you can on Opera. Is there a way to do this?
Install Stylish and then install the script at this link.

Yes, I know you can do this via Chromedit, but I have heard some reports that it is impossible in 2.0 and up. Plus, Stylish allows more customization everywhere. It is like a small greasemonkey.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Sir Savant wrote:
Calavera wrote:I tried Firefox awhile back, but I didn't like it because I couldn't find a way to put the tabs at the bottom like you can on Opera. Is there a way to do this?

Yes, I know you can do this via Chromedit, but I have heard some reports that it is impossible in 2.0 and up. Plus, Stylish allows more customization everywhere. It is like a small greasemonkey.
Tab mix plus can also do that (see the link BlackAura posted), it includes a ton of great options for tabs and also comes wit ha great session saver. fantastic extension.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

MulletMan13 wrote:... and this hardly looks like a 2.0 release... a full whole number? Pffff... lame.
Version numbers are arbitrary anyway. What was the difference between Opera 8 and 9, for example? Or between IE 5.0 and IE 5.5 (and IE 6.0, for that matter)?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

BlackAura wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:... and this hardly looks like a 2.0 release... a full whole number? Pffff... lame.
Version numbers are arbitrary anyway. What was the difference between Opera 8 and 9, for example? Or between IE 5.0 and IE 5.5 (and IE 6.0, for that matter)?
Yep. All a version number is is a marketing tool. Most coders prefer keep a piece of software below 1 until it is perfect.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

butters wrote:
BlackAura wrote:
Yep. All a version number is is a marketing tool. Most coders prefer keep a piece of software below 1 until it is perfect.
For something like a browser it may seem perfect at a time, but later on new technologies come out and new standards come out that mean the browser needs to change. So a browser would never technically ever be able to be perfect unless they had a time machine to see what the future held.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Prophet][ wrote:
butters wrote:
BlackAura wrote:
For something like a browser it may seem perfect at a time, but later on new technologies come out and new standards come out that mean the browser needs to change. So a browser would never technically ever be able to be perfect unless they had a time machine to see what the future held.
In principle, it could still be "perfect" from the perspective of the moment in time that it is released. Then it could be 1.0, and the next "perfect" release updated to some new standards in the interim could be 2.0. In practice most software runs into subtle hair-pulling type bugs and other shortcomings long before it runs into the problem of obsolescence.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

So I take it nobody else is having the problem I'm having? Because this is driving me nuts. Maybe it is an extension?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

The address bar thingy? Works fine for me. Try what Savant said and start a new profile.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Covar wrote:
Sir Savant wrote:

Tab mix plus can also do that (see the link BlackAura posted), it includes a ton of great options for tabs and also comes wit ha great session saver. fantastic extension.
Tab Mix Plus gave me some incompatability errors in RC2. Besides, many of the things that TMP has were merged into FF.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Sir Savant wrote:Tab Mix Plus gave me some incompatability errors in RC2. Besides, many of the things that TMP has were merged into FF.
All the way back on page 1, I wrote:There's a development build of Tab Mix Plus for Firefox 2 available here.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

fackue wrote:http://fredericiana.com/2006/10/24/from ... with-love/