XBox support in Australia made me feel stupid

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XBox support in Australia made me feel stupid

Post by Skynet »

Even though I wasn't. :evil: :lol:

I've been having issues with my 360 and colours appearing that shouldn't be there. While playing Dead Rising and also while watching a DVD I had some weird yellow, purple and green colours across the screen. I shrugged it off as perhaps overheating and turned the console off for a few hours. Come back 3 or so hours later and the same thing still randomly happens. I turned the console off and didn't touch it again for about 24 hours.

After this time I went to play Dead Rising again (damn I love this game :D) and no picture at all! I tried fiddling with my component cable, nothing. I tried changing it to the second component input, nothing. I tried using just the yellow, red, white cables in various inputs on my tv, nothing. The "ring of light" would turn on as normal and the controller guide button light was on as normal, as did the wifi adapter light on the back of the console. Also note that I tried it switched to HDTV and TV on almost every input I tried, so it didn't seem like a HDTV problem. It didn't seem like a tv issue as other things plugged into the inputs I tried were working perfectly.

Today I give XBox customer support a call. Obviously they need to run through the troubleshooting steps with me to find where the problem lies. Once she gets to the step "try switching to HDTV" part, BAM it turns on. She then runs through the "make sure you have it swtiched to the correct one for your tv" speech, which I knew and have had both the HDTV and TV switches both working previously without any issues at all. She also mentioned "make sure your cables are firmly in place" which is something I've checked about a dozen times since about 6pm last night (roughly 24hours ago).

I tried explaining that I've already done that many times with no results, but she probably thought I was just some dumbass aussie who didn't know what they're doing. :? Weird thing is this, the console functioned as normal. I was reading the troubleshooting and it said if there's a video cable problem the ring of light will have red in it, or something like that. Yet the console was functioning perfect despite the lack of video/audio. I could even shut it down by holding the guide button down for a few seconds then selecting the shut down option from the menu, I can remember what option it was in the list. :P

So yeah, an indian woman from XBox support made me feel like a jackass who didn't know how to connect his 360 to his tv. :lol: Mods, move this to gaming if you wish, I posted it in OT as it's more of a XBox as a technical support issue rather than a gaming issue.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

lol. very good.

i hate ringing support phone lines, i prefer googling
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Well turns out the problem isn't fixed! Sure it worked then, I felt like an idiot and turned off the console. Did a few things, typed up this thread and went to finally play some 360. What happens? No picture/sound. Rather frustrating! :evil:

Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

lol, i was thinking that could happen
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Yeah well I have no idea what the hell to do next. The woman was kinda contradicting herself, she said to take it back to the retailer but she also said to call them. So unless someone here knows what's up, I'll call again tomorrow, so I don't look like a wanker, and explain the situation. With any luck I should be able to take it back to target. I'm thinking about maybe just buying another component cable.

Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

i bought a preowned xbox 360 about a week or 2 ago, got it home took it out of the box and it back was all cracked, you could not fit the leads back. next day went back straight away got it replaced instantly no questiions asked... i was pretty happy with that.

try the xbox.com web site under trouble shooting (it the same info the call center uses). you will have to wait as xbox.com (and live) and down at the mo (an update)
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

try the xbox.com web site under trouble shooting (it the same info the call center uses)
Yeah already been through that
you will have to wait as xbox.com (and live) and down at the mo (an update)
I knew about it before hand, but I had some american recording telling giving me some lecture about it being down for 24hours.

ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

call the nintendo help line, cause they are just that... HELP :lol:

buy a wii

and scrap your 360... but for $650 dollerydoo's you'd want the fucking thing to work :roll:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Grab a friends cable and see if that works
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Did you at least try it on a different TV / monitor?
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

When was your console manufacturered?

I remember hearing a problem like this with the launch consoles.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Grab a friends cable and see if that works
Only people at work have a 360, that I know. Just bought a new one :P
Did you at least try it on a different TV / monitor?
One would assume that wouldn't matter as 1) it was working fine just before and 2) every other sort of input I plug into it works just fine.
When was your console manufacturered?
2006 02 04 I think... Would need to double check, I have it written down somewhere
I remember hearing a problem like this with the launch consoles.
It would be an Aussie launch console, I bought it 2 days after launch date in March of this year.