I fudging hate steam

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I fudging hate steam

Post by Caboose »

I'm trying to get the "Source Multiplayer Pack", which includes DoD Source, CS:S, and Half Life 2 Deathmatch, but the bastards keep declining the credit card. I've entered all the information perfectly, but it still won't work. Anyone know how I can get this to work? I'd buy it at a store but it will cost a lot more, and I don't even know if they sell Day of Defeat Source anywhere other than steam.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I had the same problem when I tried to buy DoD:S within Steam, but that was because I kept tying in the wrong number. Now I think that card is locked out.

DoD:S can be bought from BestBuy online, so I assume they have it in store.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I'd do that, but it will cost me a lot more to do that than to buy it from steam. I haven't even bought a game and I'm already pissed at the god damn program.
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001

Post by Mark30001 »

lol, yeah Steam can be a pain in the arse at times. Heck, I can't even join games in CS 1.6 because of some "validation error". Also, my Steam Favorites do not save the servers I list. :x
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Re: I fudging hate steam

Post by ace »

Caboose wrote:I'm trying to get the "Source Multiplayer Pack", which includes DoD Source, CS:S, and Half Life 2 Deathmatch, but the bastards keep declining the credit card. I've entered all the information perfectly, but it still won't work. Anyone know how I can get this to work? I'd buy it at a store but it will cost a lot more, and I don't even know if they sell Day of Defeat Source anywhere other than steam.
I had the exact same problem. Give it a day or so, I bet it will start working like it did for me.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

The main problem with Steam is that I can't play HL2/HLSource offline. I mean WTF, these are single player games. I think there's some way to turn it off, and you can always crack it, but it's still a pain. The flipside is that the disc doesn't have to be in the drive. But still, I'd rather keep the disc in the drive than have a pseduo piece of spyware installed on my rig.
Very sexy hero, omg
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Set it to play offline. It's ridiculously easy to do.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I've tried it 1 week apart, still the same error. I guess I'm out of luck, thanks anyways thugh :)