N. Korea Readying Long Range Missile for Test Launch

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

N. Korea Readying Long Range Missile for Test Launch

Post by AuroEdge »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea is believed to have completed fueling a missile capable of reaching
Alaska, raising the probability of an imminent test launch, U.S. officials said on Sunday.

The test is expected to involve a Taepodong-2 missile with an estimated range of 2,175 to 2,670 miles.
At that range, parts of Alaska in the United States would be within reach as well as Asia and Russia.

The United States plans to join Japan in a sharp response if the test goes ahead.

Read Article Here
----------------

I'm all for them testing it so I can go over there and get some action, but that's just me.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: N. Korea Readying Long Range Missile for Test Launch

Post by hearld500 »

AuroEdge wrote: I'm all for them testing it so I can go over there and get some action, but that's just me.
If they test their missile, I'm for bombing the shit out of them. I am not for sending troops in however under any circumstance.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

hearld500 wrote:
AuroEdge wrote: I'm all for them testing it so I can go over there and get some action, but that's just me.
If they test their missile, I'm for bombing the crap out of them. I am not for sending troops in however under any circumstance.
What happens if they respond by launching a nuke?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

You bomb them we will be at war, its that simple. And there is a chance China will want to back N. Korea and if that happens WW3 comes into play.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

YES THE END OF THE WORLD.
In all seriousness this sucks.
I really don't want our country to be in an even more crappier position (everything having to do with america public view,economy,ect...).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

hearld500 wrote:
If they test their missile, I'm for bombing the crap out of them. I am not for sending troops in however under any circumstance.
Wait...so if a country tests a missile with the ability to attack your country, you consider that instant grounds to attack them? Even though they havent made a single attack on American soil or caused a single American death? Thats ridiculous.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Veggita2099 wrote:You bomb them we will be at war, its that simple. And there is a chance China will want to back N. Korea and if that happens WW3 comes into play.
China could stop N. Korea at any moment by simply telling them to cut the crap. I guarentee if we go to war with Iran and are 'distracted' by our war with them that China will move on Taiwan.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

AuroEdge wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:You bomb them we will be at war, its that simple. And there is a chance China will want to back N. Korea and if that happens WW3 comes into play.
China could stop N. Korea at any moment by simply telling them to cut the crap. I guarentee if we go to war with Iran and are 'distracted' by our war with them that China will move on Taiwan.
There are a lot of missiles essentially permenantly aimed at areas around Taiwan which are on Taiwan's side. China can't really militarily invade them at any reasonable cost.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
Wait...so if a country tests a missile with the ability to attack your country, you consider that instant grounds to attack them? Even though they havent made a single attack on American soil or caused a single American death? Thats ridiculous.
Ummm the Korean War? I think Americans died in that one.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
You're right, that would be rediculous if it were a different country. We're talking about North Korea here, look at whos in charge.

(then again, look at America eh?)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
He was referring to the right of retaliation. Them building a long range missile that could hit the US would not be the same as them killing Americans. It was a theoretical response to that scenario.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Lartrak wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
He was referring to the right of retaliation. Them building a long range missile that could hit the US would not be the same as them killing Americans. It was a theoretical response to that scenario.
That's true. It's just a weapon they can't really justify needing though. The only purpose of them testing it would be to antaganize the rest of the world just like when they tested the missile over Japan.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

AuroEdge wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
That's true. It's just a weapon they can't really justify needing though. The only purpose of them testing it would be to antaganize the rest of the world just like when they tested the missile over Japan.
I don't see how it is any more or less justifiable than the equivalents China, the US and other countries have. I must admit I am less comfortable with a loon like Kim Jong-Il having long range nukes than the other countries though.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
as did a lot of others. it was a UN war.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I think there is some confusion about what testing a long range missle means. This missle can be tested without hitting or exploding over any soil, in which case I think retaliation would be stupid. However if it was tested on soil, which is highly unlikely, then I agree that appropriate action is deserved.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
hearld500 wrote:

About 35,000.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

BoneyCork wrote:Even though they havent made a single attack on American soil or caused a single American death? Thats ridiculous.
They haven't attacked us in recent times but they did steal one of our navy ships in the 60's taking numerous americans as hostages. Then in the 70's they killed 2 GIs who were chopping a tree down in the dmz they were unarmed and the Koreans attacked them for no reason.That lead to operation Paul Bunion. We mobilized all the bombers in the pacific had them circle N.Korea while we chopped the tree down. If they had attacked the GIs then WW3 would have happened.