Russias population on a decline

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Russias population on a decline

Post by Chaniyth »

Russia's declining population is the biggest problem the nation faces today, President Vladimir Putin has said.

In an annual address to the nation, Mr Putin said falling birth rates and the rise in mortality made Russia's demographic situation "critical". He also outlined a national programme to encourage women to have more children, pledging more state help.

Read More
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

In Soviet Russia, population decline YOU!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Sounds good to me. The less people, the better.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Dark Schneider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dark Schneider »

Don't most of the Western nations have declining populations as well?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Dark Schneider wrote:Don't most of the Western nations have declining populations as well?
Not to the same degree Russia is, which based on the article has a roughly .5% decline.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Dark Schneider wrote:Don't most of the Western nations have declining populations as well?

I believe Japan is the only other country with an actual decline. Most of the others are growing so slowly that within 50 years they will be in decline.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I think it's birth rates that are in decline in most industrialized nations, not population.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
CKRNZ
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by CKRNZ »

give em some foodstamps vlad!..and ill donate the sperm!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

send me over there, I'll raise it a couple of notches eh eh eh ;) ;) ;)

edit: giggity!
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Well, I guess that's what happens when you base your economic system on the assumption of population growth (think social security.)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

404NotFound wrote:Well, I guess that's what happens when you base your economic system on the assumption of population growth (think social security.)
I was just thinking again about that the other day. A portion of the way the economy works in much of the world is based on the belief populations can't max out.

So... Yay for pyramid schemes.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Yeah, Social Security isn't that far removed from the stock market in that respect. Both are run under the assumption that the overall value is going to increase perpetually. This doesn't tie into population directly, but there's presumably a labor exploitation factor in there somewhere...
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Isn't the mortality rate 100% and always has been?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

jaredfogle wrote:Isn't the mortality rate 100% and always has been?
On a long enough timeline, yes (yay fightclub) but that timeline is getting longer and longer.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

That's deep, man.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

404NotFound wrote:
On a long enough timeline, yes (yay fightclub) but that timeline is getting longer and longer.
Yeah but the societal value timeline doesn't seem to extend along with medical innovations.

I personally think that old folks are valuable, but not really in an economic sense.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

jaredfogle wrote:
404NotFound wrote:
Yeah but the societal value timeline doesn't seem to extend along with medical innovations.

I personally think that old folks are valuable, but not really in an economic sense.
By "societal value timeline" you mean retirement age, right? That I somewhat agree with. I think it's extended a bit, sometimes even by choice to keep the mind working, but overall I think that people probably could work longer and be alright. Lifespans on average have gone up, but that's not to say that somebody who doesn't take care of themselves won't kick the bucket before they ever reach retirement.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

jaredfogle wrote:
404NotFound wrote:

Then for what? Glue?

I'm kidding. I'm tired. Ignore me.
No signature.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

toastman wrote:
jaredfogle wrote:
404NotFound wrote:

Then for what? Glue?

I'm kidding. I'm tired. Ignore me.
They're a useful source of ear and nose hair.