Wanna get high? Says the fish

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wanna get high? Says the fish

Post by Zealous zerotype »

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... p?news=911
Fish with similar effects to LSD and contain DMT.
Caught some body by suprise.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Good thing that 90-year old man diodn't die of a heart attack or something.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Someone get me a fish tank.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Hallucinogenic animals have always fascinated me.

Perhaps an evolutionary function (I would imagine that an animal lacking a neo-cortex would be immensely frightened by hallucinogens) or simple coincidence. Each of us has a good deal of DMT within our bloodstream now, and more is being made. I think it is released heavily during birth and/or death. Maybe this animal just has an overactive <i>whatever</i> gland. Terence McKenna put forth the theory that early man (with his budding neo-cortex) developed symbolic thought and thus language through synaestesia (sense-blending) caused by hallucinogens.

He believes in a higher power that has shifted and shaped us over the years (a bit of a crazy bastard he is--he thinks aliens put hallucinogens here), I see it as (like the rest of our evolution) a behavioral accident rather than a genetic one that proved useful and survived.

Me reading Sagan + a topic about hallucinogens = the above.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

I can't believe how old this news is.

Nature's definitely awesome. Especially deep sea critters.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Are you licking fish or toads?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I've always wondered why toads haven't become a popular street drug. I mean come on, buy a tank keep the thing alive and you could buy a $100 toad that can make you trip for years.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Because people know to say no to doing kermit perhaps?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

FETUS wrote:I've always wondered why toads haven't become a popular street drug. I mean come on, buy a tank keep the thing alive and you could buy a $100 toad that can make you trip for years.
or just take a shit and grow shrooms on it for a long time.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Jon Stewart: Isn't it how if you lick a frog, you start to get crazy thoughts?
Kermit the Frog: If you lick a frog, you were crazy to start with.
Jon Stewart: [to audience] I can't believe it, the frog's running circles around me, this is terrible.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

FETUS wrote:I've always wondered why toads haven't become a popular street drug. I mean come on, buy a tank keep the thing alive and you could buy a $100 toad that can make you trip for years.
I wondered that too, but DMT does not last lond when smoked, but it is very powerful. Like not something most people want to do repeadly. When taken oraly you have to take it with an MAOI or else it does nothing pretty much.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Are you into psychedelics, Zerotype??

I had tried some in the past and think that it was something I'd never regret, but it's actually a lot more intriguing to me to research them.

DMT's definitely something else. I had thought about ordering some phalaris grass or some mimosa hostilis root bark to make an extraction but then I thought it's too damned crazy.. easy enough to produce but not something I could spend weeks pondering on after pulling a hit. :lol:
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I would take DMT orally, but I wouldn't currently smoke it.

If you read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and you remember what happened to Sandy... Well, that's why I wouldn't smoke at at present.

They're an interesting area for exploration, but always err far on the cautious side as with anything so uncertain and unknown.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

That's the thing, I am not afraid of any psychedelics after experience what I believed to be complete ego loss. However, I wouldn't take a heroic dose of shrooms or acid because I wouldn't want to trip for hours on end. Plus the aftermath of it all.... you ponder about your trip for weeks if you're like most.

I'd probably dig DMT. I already dig Salvia and have much respect. I've always taken ZMA (work out supplement) that's given me such deep and lucid dreams that I figure I'm mentally prepared for almost anything. But you're right, always approach psychedelics with respect and caution. I have a strong mind, but as far as others are concerned I do worry.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

GratefulDead wrote:That's the thing, I am not afraid of any psychedelics after experience what I believed to be complete ego loss. However, I wouldn't take a heroic dose of shrooms or acid because I wouldn't want to trip for hours on end. Plus the aftermath of it all.... you ponder about your trip for weeks if you're like most.

I'd probably dig DMT. I already dig Salvia and have much respect. I've always taken ZMA (work out supplement) that's given me such deep and lucid dreams that I figure I'm mentally prepared for almost anything. But you're right, always approach psychedelics with respect and caution. I have a strong mind, but as far as others are concerned I do worry.
You'll get elves. Everybody does. :lol:

I don't worry so much about the experience, it's integration that I'm afraid would be difficult with DMT.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could operate openly and be able to practice outside close groups of friends? It's a little scary to just go buy some DMT and take it without a guide.

Leary wanted government-employed acid gurus in America. This idea dances on the line of Church and State separation, but I think it's actually conceivable. Their most important function would be to watch where the stuff is going and make sure no one goes Manson Family on us.

Considering how much LSD in particular costs to make (nothing) and how much it could reasonably be taxed, the project could more than fund itself.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

That's true. All you need is an experienced chemist and the materials which can land a normal person some jail time just for procuring!!! But if it was sponsored by the government, pff, so easy! They'd be acid flowing all over the place, but I know that there's no way in hell that it will happen any time soon sadly.

I've always advocated psychedelic exploration to friends and family. Most people who are 40 have done mushrooms or acid in their lifetime. I just talked to my mom about her mushroom trips a few days ago. She's a nurse and won't even smoke pot anymore, but she was a wild child back in the day. I almost convinced her to try smoking a few puffs to get that pineal gland rarring, but she was too busy. I know that if she did though, she would likely have a very good time exploring her psyche and it would be good for bonding. It's mothers day today, I'll see if she'll cave in. :wink:
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

GratefulDead wrote:I know that there's no way in hell that it will happen any time soon sadly.
Eh. The harder we fight for it, the quicker it will happen. I can die happily if it's in my lifetime.

I haven't been following that UDV case as hard as I ought to, but there seems to be across the board support for those folks to legally practice their religion. Christians and the conservative supreme court seem warm to the idea--out of concern for religious freedom.

I know you live in Canada, but I'm sure this case is pretty significant to all of the West.

Psychedelics aren't tied to political revolution like they were in the middle sixties anymore. I think they're much less frightening to the powers that be these days.