Call of Duty 3 on the Nintendo Wii

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Call of Duty 3 on the Nintendo Wii

Post by gamedudex2 »

TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Man... Wii is already getting so much 3rd party love, and hardly anyone has even played it yet. :D
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

sweet.

I hope they have a booth at quakecon like they did for United Offensive.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Oh yeahhhh, isn't that the new war-themed FPS game? No wait, that was Medal Of Honor....wait, Brothers In Arms? Battlefield? Outfit? Maybe it was Close Combet.....OH WAIT....ah, no, it wasn't SOCOM either...

Point in general: WAY TOO MANY WAR FPS GAMES. Now I see the Wii will be plauged with them too.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Kenichi wrote:Oh yeahhhh, isn't that the new war-themed FPS game? No wait, that was Medal Of Honor....wait, Brothers In Arms? Battlefield? Outfit? Maybe it was Close Combet.....OH WAIT....ah, no, it wasn't SOCOM either...

Point in general: WAY TOO MANY WAR FPS GAMES. Now I see the Wii will be plauged with them too.
Yeah, and you have to buy them too or...wait...you don't have to buy them.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Roofus wrote:
Kenichi wrote:Oh yeahhhh, isn't that the new war-themed FPS game? No wait, that was Medal Of Honor....wait, Brothers In Arms? Battlefield? Outfit? Maybe it was Close Combet.....OH WAIT....ah, no, it wasn't SOCOM either...

Yeah, and you have to buy them too or...wait...you don't have to buy them.
So I guess I'm pretty much the only person getting sick of the pattern here? One thing I hate about the gaming industry lately is that the developers go through fads. When Tony Hawk came out, you had all the Tony Hawk spinoffs. When GTA3 came out, you had (and still have) all the sandbox, run-whereever-you-want themed games, as well as the "thuglife". Now we have the war games. One thing I always admired about Nintendo was that they love to come up with something new and interesting (not always, but Animal Crossing and Chibi Robo are perfect examples).
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

the original Medal Of Honor came out when I was in middle school I think. It's an old franchise. Main reason why CoD is talked about, is that from my understanding, the team who made the original moh:aa which was awesome made CoD. Which so far have been great.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Also with COD it just delivers a great time. Personally I can't get enough WW2 FPS games.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Re: Call of Duty 3 on the Nintendo Wii

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i was really impressed with the cod3 footage.... untill it showed 360/xbox/ps3/revolution in the end frame

in all fairness, the cod3 footage in the trailer is most likely from the 360 version

the game looks nice, but i was hoping that this would give more clues about how powerfull the wii will be, i gues ill have to wait till E3
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Wagh wrote:the original Medal Of Honor came out when I was in middle school I think. It's an old franchise. Main reason why CoD is talked about, is that from my understanding, the team who made the original moh:aa which was awesome made CoD. Which so far have been great.
Also I found that CoD was a nice breath of fresh air in the WWII genre at the time, and still delivers a great experience. Its different from MOH because it always gave you that sense of being in the army. You were never alone, and you weren't some super-human nazi killing guy winning the war on his own like Jimmy Patterson. You get a better understanding of what the war was really like.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I see what Kenichi is saying, and I agree that the market is pretty saturated with war themed FPS. But I'm pretty anxious to play any FPS with the Wii controller...so I'm definately not complaining.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I am still curious to see the graphics quality of Wii games compared to ps3/xbox360. Can't really tell much for that video though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Veggita2099 wrote:I am still curious to see the graphics quality of Wii games compared to ps3/xbox360. Can't really tell much for that video though.
Well the Wii is more powerful than an xbox, so think xbox-quality graphics plus a little extra. I think you won't be able to tell the difference in the ports, because they aren't trying to do hd-quality resolutions on the Wii.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

butters wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I am still curious to see the graphics quality of Wii games compared to ps3/xbox360. Can't really tell much for that video though.
Well the Wii is more powerful than an xbox, so think xbox-quality graphics plus a little extra. I think you won't be able to tell the difference in the ports, because they aren't trying to do hd-quality resolutions on the Wii.
But the GC was Less powerfull then the xbox and still had a lot of games that could match and better a lot of xbox games.
The Wii is atleast twice as powerfull as the cube was, so if the gc could do close to xbox gfx i imagine that with twice the power the Wii will be able to do a lot more.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Holy crap. I'd be suprsied at any 3rd party games, but COD! COD is big, it should also be great with that controller
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I still think Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 look better then any game I ever played on Xbox. Nothing so far as wowed me on Xbox graphics wise. I guess that Panzer Dragoon Orta was pretty good, but I never played it. I might have to pick that game up I liked PAnzer Dragoon Zwei (or whever it was.)
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The first of which will probably be many trashy franchises making their way onto the supposedly innovative Wii. Oh dear.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Kenichi wrote:Point in general: WAY TOO MANY WAR FPS GAMES. Now I see the Wii will be plauged with them too.
as opposed to what kind of fps? deer hunting?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Half-Life isn't a war. It's a fight for survival.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Covar wrote:
Kenichi wrote:Point in general: WAY TOO MANY WAR FPS GAMES. Now I see the Wii will be plauged with them too.
as opposed to what kind of fps? deer hunting?
He meant war as in reality-based war. Not war as in "fighting aliens solo on an evil planet i can get hit 5000 times before i die" fantasy war.