Everyone, please read and spread the word! UPDATE 1ST POST!!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Everyone, please read and spread the word! UPDATE 1ST POST!!

Post by Sir Savant »

UPDATE: I only got a donation from Nick (I appreciate it), and no one else. However, I did manage to pull a doozy of a job in getting a certain company to donate to my cause, and they gave me $3,700. Enough to pay for the trip. So I r going.

To Nick, please pm me your address if you would like to recieve your postcard from China. Thanks again man!

http://www.chinap2p2006.be

In short, I am trying to raise $4,000 for my trip to china. I am in the process of signing up for AdSense as well, and am selling my videogame stuff at school, as well as doing random jobs to come up with the money. If you guys could donate using paypal (any amount more than a dollar), or by mail or whatever, I would appreciate it. Spreading it via myspace or anything else (your own personal blogs) would be appreciated as well.

Heck, I would even design a css website for you guys if you would donate $10. Anything is appreciated, though, and you get on my donation list (not up yet because I have no donations) for donations.

Please read my website before deciding whether or not to donate, and try to spread it if you can in any way.

If this post is in violation of any rule, let me know or have it closed.

I am open to any suggestions regarding my situation as well, so yeah. Thanks for reading my site then!
Last edited by Sir Savant on Wed May 24, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Threaten to kill a bunny if we don't pay, and we'll talk.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

atf487 wrote:Threaten to kill a bunny if we don't pay, and we'll talk.
Would you sponsor the whole trip if I killed a bunny, cause otherwise I dont think I would get any other donations.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

You say you are selling your video game stuff at school. How about posting some of it here so we can pick through it too?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I get more at school, I do believe. Besides, my collection is now almost down to about what I put up before. Unless you want a Super Nintendo or something....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I guess I don't remember what you posted before. Oh well.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

My big question is what is going to happen with the money if you don't raise enough?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

butters wrote:My big question is what is going to happen with the money if you don't raise enough?
Hookers and beer.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Roofus wrote:
butters wrote:My big question is what is going to happen with the money if you don't raise enough?
Ale and Whores.
fixed

if you are going to use the term please use it properly.

[EDIT]http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=19991111
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Unless you want a Super Nintendo or something....
*raises hand*
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Donate the whole lot to some charity.

Come on guys, donate or at least spread the word! You guys are my only hope!

Ex-Cyber, pm me.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Sir Savant wrote:

Ex-Cyber, pm me.
if you seen tonights episode of robot chicken that premiered online on adult swim friday night then you might get the idea that you could become bill gates ass slave for $1 billion

lol
jk man
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

gamedudex2 wrote:
Sir Savant wrote:

Ex-Cyber, pm me.
if you seen tonights episode of robot chicken that premiered online on adult swim friday night then you might get the idea that you could become bill gates ass slave for $1 billion

lol
jk man
Think he would donate to my cause if I emailed him?
jonse
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jonse »

Why don't you get a job and take out a small loan until you can pay it back?
Mc Pee Pants doesn't just want candy now, that's childish. He needs it. And when you need something that's a responsibility.... that only an adult.....of my maturity..................bunnies!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I cant figure out how a government-sponsored trip to China would cost you $4,000. You flying business class or something?
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

so $7000 for your trip to china or am I mistaken? You're website said you put in about $3000 and you need $4000 more? That's insane!

I have been here for 2 months. My food, entertainment, rent, and utilitis are about $200USD a month, and I think that is generous. You mentioned you're in highschool, so I don't think you will be spending as much on beer as I have :) How many months is the trip?

I guess that is expected from a government sponsored organization, but sounds like you're getting raped, especially if you're not staying a whole year. Where did you go during your first trip?

Anyway, goodluck. I hope you get to go. I think it's a great experience for young people.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

JuddWack wrote:so $7000 for your trip to china or am I mistaken? You're website said you put in about $3000 and you need $4000 more? That's insane!

I have been here for 2 months. My food, entertainment, rent, and utilitis are about $200USD a month, and I think that is generous. You mentioned you're in highschool, so I don't think you will be spending as much on beer as I have :) How many months is the trip?

I guess that is expected from a government sponsored organization, but sounds like you're getting raped, especially if you're not staying a whole year. Where did you go during your first trip?

Anyway, goodluck. I hope you get to go. I think it's a great experience for young people.
$5,750, or thereabouts. I think I have paid around $2,750, so rounded up. and they added $150 because of the increase in gas (the airlines fault), so it is almost $4,000. I just rounded up a little, to keep the numbers whole.

Mainly the charges for hotels and such. I believe it also includes bus (it included bus and ferry on my previous voyage) as well as food. So I guess it is fair, since we are moving right along really quickly, visiting museums like every day etc.

No, we fly coach I believe. But it is flying me from Charlotte to a gateway airport (LA I think) and then to China.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Still seems like a lot. Also, if youre going visiting museums or stuff, no offense but that just seems like a normal holiday trip to me rather than a worthwhile cause. If you were going over to do charity work or something then I would be more than happy to donate.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

BoneyCork wrote:Still seems like a lot. Also, if youre going visiting museums or stuff, no offense but that just seems like a normal holiday trip to me rather than a worthwhile cause. If you were going over to do charity work or something then I would be more than happy to donate.
My thoughts exactly...
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Cut the kid a break boys. Of course it will be expensive since it is government sponsored and your airfair can almost double if you aren't flying out of NYC or LA depending on the route you take.

Visiting musuems may seem like a normal holiday trip but it takes balls to go to any country so far away, especially china. Raising the money is hard enough. If it was so easy for him this post would never exisit in the first place. His school will set a lot up for him but believe me he will struggle in between. I couldn't imagine being here only 16 years old, or however old you are.

You can ask me if you have any questions. Which cities will you be visiting?