Wii

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlackAura »

Pyrite wrote:I can't see the problem with the Revolution name
Too badass. That's the last thing Nintendo want.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to pronounce in Japanese. It's spelt uii (I think that's the appropriate romanised form - it's been a while since I've used any Japanese), which is pretty simple to pronounce, and consistent with the way the "Wi" sound from old Japanese and from foreign loanwords is mangled into modern Japanese.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Been thanked: 0

Post by Covar »

Pyrite wrote:The Japanese hate/can't pronounce it neither.
that is one of the most retarded statements i have ever heard (and its not just you spouting this bs). What in the world is different about japanese vocal cords that would prevent them from saying a monosyllablic sound?
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Covar wrote:
Pyrite wrote:The Japanese hate/can't pronounce it neither.
that is one of the most retarded statements i have ever heard (and its not just you spouting this bs). What in the world is different about japanese vocal cords that would prevent them from saying a monosyllablic sound?
When I said can't I meant they wouldn't be saying the same way has we "we/oui" should have worded that better. Anyway E3 is almost here so we'll know for sure how they say ウィー Wii.

Revolution - reboryuushon.
DS Lite - DS rite

Maybe it's like Blackaura said and not a big deal for them.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Pyrite wrote:When I said can't I meant they wouldn't be saying the same way has we "we/oui" should have worded that better. Anyway E3 is almost here so we'll know for sure how they say ウィー Wii.
More or less like "we/oui" with a Japanese accent. I don't see what's so mysterious about it.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer