KOF:NW only 20$?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smiley »

Vlame wrote:WTF? You're gonna go buy a HNG64 arcade machine? Can I come over,...please?
laughs :lol: sure, but I'm toying with the idea of buying the main board or whatever they're called and possibly building a custom cabinet for it. Or hopefully emulation of the hyper will come along further so that I can try before I buy. But, then again, the hyper 64 stuff, from what I've seen on ebay, are relatively dirt cheap. so, whatever.

I was also toying with the idea of buying a neogeo cd console, but from what I've learned and heard from others, the loading time is pretty damn unbearable and quite possibly the slowest in history. For me, I will never understand why snk took the trouble of making this console, and then sticking it with a single-speed cd drive. Imo, it may have lasted longer (though maybe not as cheap) if they used a double speed one like both sega and sony. I mean, if I recall correctly, the neogeo cd was priced about the same as both the saturn and the psx. so, why not follow their lead?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

90% of SNKP games suck. This is an example. $20 is a good price.
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Juan wrote:I SUK!
You don't need to say it too loud! Shhh!
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I've always been a fan of SNK fighters, though I haven't played much of the most recent SNKP KOF games. KOF '97 was, IMO, the best of the series, and while I kept up with the series until about 2001, I kept coming back to '97, so I kinda stopped keeping up with it. I played the first version of SSV, which was...eh...IMO. I heard the second version was much better. And...Kizuna Encounter...a pretty bad game IMO. I wish SNKP would make a DS KOF game. The second KOF on GBA was pretty decent.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Vlame wrote: Help I'm playing SFA3 and I'm stuck in the corner and by friend is beating the crap outta me, what do I do?
You can:

Defend properly
Attack/do a move when you have an opening
Guard cancel
Jump if he attacks low or do an overhead
Start doing a CC and destroy him and his mashing

Theres lots you can do, SFA3 is regarded as one of Capcom's deepest games(V-ISM, anyone?) along with 3rd Strike and Mvc2(on a competitive scale, not the braindead cpu). Not trying to be an jerk, but if your friend is mashing buttons randomly and traps you in a corner you cant get out of....gotta learn how to play the game! :D
Last edited by Eckostyle on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Eckostyle wrote:You can:

Defend properly
Attack/do a move when you have an opening
Guard cancel
Jump if he attacks low or do an overhead
Start doing a CC and destroy him and his mashing

Theres lots you can do, SFA3 is regarded as one of Capcom's deepest games(V-ISM, anyone?) along with 3rd Strike and Mvc2(on a competitive scale, not the braindead cpu). Not trying to be an jerk, but if your friend is mashing buttons randomly and traps you in a corner you cant get out of....gotta learn how to play the game! :D
I like your posts.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

That post was a joke,... because in KOF just push LK+LP and you're outta the corner,...
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Whats bad about a game that takes a bit of thinking? :P
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Why should the player think?
The deveopers are suppossed to make it to the bset of their abilties. How come SNK made up rolling, and for no reason Capcom gave it to "C" groove in CvS : MF2001? Jealous? Ithink so,...
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I may buy this just for that hat.
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

impetus wrote:I may buy this just for that hat.
i like it to but it of very crappy quality,...mesh trucker's hat,....CRAP!!
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Vlame wrote:Why should the player think?
Because many, many fighter players prefer their games to be challenging and deep so they'll be, you know, fun. Do you even play fighters in arcades regularry with skilled opponents ever, or do you just fight the CPU/your buddies at home all time and basing your posts on that?
Vlame wrote:The deveopers are suppossed to make it to the bset of their abilties.
Yeah. Thats where depth and detail comes in. If games were easy to play with no depth, they wouldnt be very fun competitively, no?
Vlame wrote:How come SNK made up rolling, and for no reason Capcom gave it to "C" groove in CvS : MF2001? Jealous? Ithink so,...
Because CvS1/2 were collaboration games and both grooves shared similar and different traits. Play CvS2, with six grooves, and see what I mean.

You comments come out of nowhere....
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Because many, many fighter players prefer their games to be challenging and deep so they'll be, you know, fun. Do you even play fighters in arcades regularry with skilled opponents ever, or do you just fight the CPU/your buddies at home all time and basing your posts on that?
Please. If the purchaser wanted a fighting game to test him they would pick up Virtual fighter and street fighter.
Yeah. Thats where depth and detail comes in. If games were easy to play with no depth, they wouldnt be very fun competitively, no?
This comment totally kills any game made by capcom as 99% of the sequels they release bring basically nothing new to the game save for 2 new charcaters and a new theme song.

Because CvS1/2 were collaboration games and both grooves shared similar and different traits. Play CvS2, with six grooves, and see what I mean.
I think you need to go back and read the sentence this was made to attack,... CvS : MF2001 is "Capcom Vs SNK 2 : Millionare Fighting 2001"
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Please. If the purchaser wanted a fighting game to test him they would pick up Virtual fighter and street fighter.
If I'm translating your grammar correctly, you're saying a person would buy Virtua Fighter or Stree Fighter for a challenge. Good, we agree.
This comment totally kills any game made by capcom as 99% of the sequels they release bring basically nothing new to the game save for 2 new charcaters and a new theme song.
Again....you look like your basing that on playing the game every now and then against the CPU. Play the games actively from title to title, and you'll notice the differences. I'll pull out examples if you like(SFA2 to SFA3, MvC1 to MvC2, CvS1 to CvS2, etc).
I think you need to go back and read the sentence this was made to attack,... CvS : MF2001 is "Capcom Vs SNK 2 : Millionare Fighting 2001"
CvS1 was called Millenium Fight too. Jealousy? :lol: Come up with a less silly reason than "the company was jealous of one button command" that its games dont even need, and I'll take it seriously. They were collaboration games. I remembers SNK/P's attempt at it, and look what happened to it. Barely anyone liked it or took it seriously/to a competitive level..
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Dan never gets old.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Preordered. Because I'm a SNK Whore and proud of it. :D Can't wait to get another Fatal Fury hat, yeaness!
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

If I'm translating your grammar correctly, you're saying a person would buy Virtua Fighter or Stree Fighter for a challenge. Good, we agree.
Fvckin' A! I meant KOF not Street Fighter
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Vlame wrote:
Fvckin' A! I meant KOF not Street Fighter
:roll: