Explain Your Avatar

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Mr. Jeeba wrote:Whoever doesn't recognize my avatar wasn't apart of the 20th century.
I don't recognize it.
It's a picture of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Apparantly everyone who lived in the 20th century has seen this movie, which would probably make it the most successful movie of all time.
Ah, I see. That would probably be why I didn't recognize it, since I never saw that movie.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Mr. Jeeba wrote:Whoever doesn't recognize my avatar wasn't apart of the 20th century.
I don't recognize it.
It's a picture of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Apparantly everyone who lived in the 20th century has seen this movie, which would probably make it the most successful movie of all time.
Ah, I see. That would probably be why I didn't recognize it, since I never saw that movie.
You must be no older than 6.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I don't recognize it.
Try 24. But in all honesty, there are thousands of popular movies I have never seen. I simply do not watch movies often. On average, I probably watch 8-10 movies a year. I only go to the theaters about twice a year.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

<-Terminator
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I don't recognize it.
Try 24. But in all honesty, there are thousands of popular movies I have never seen. I simply do not watch movies often. On average, I probably watch 8-10 movies a year. I only go to the theaters about twice a year.
It's definately a reccommended movie then Mel, you should check it out next time you're wanting to see a movie :) As for darcs comment.... not everybody has seen every specific 'great' movie out there... so give the man a break :)

Edit: I'm slightly intoxicated and just bought a new computer so I thought I would share the happy euphoria with everybody :)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

All of the Dreamcast releases as of late.

I did something similar in 2003, so I decided to do it now - since it's amazing the Dreamcast is getting new releases still in 2006.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I don't recognize it.

You uncultured swine.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MulletMan13 wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
I don't recognize it.
It's definately a reccommended movie then Mel, you should check it out next time you're wanting to see a movie :)
Right, I'll add it to my list with the other couple hundred movies that I "have to see" whenever I am asked if I have seen a particular movie.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

My Wife drew mine after playing Sonic Heros and drawing ourselves Sonic Characters. She's studying to be an art major but more specifically cartooning.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Mine is Tsukina from Baldr Force Exe, one of my favourite DC games. No Cid Highwind avatars for me, I'm no FF fanboy anymore, but I kept the username because that's how most ppl online know me for years. I've been using this one ever since I signed up at this place, I don't care about changing my avatar, usually I only switch it once a year at other forums. But because of different colour schemes and sizes I never switch this one. I'm lazy :P
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

navi wrote:My Wife drew mine after playing Sonic Heros and drawing ourselves Sonic Characters. She's studying to be an art major but more specifically cartooning.
Does she ever do pixel art for games?

My new one is a painting some guy did of Mario and Donkey Kong hanging out on the girders from the original DK. One of DK's barrels is a keg which, as you can see, the two are enjoying.

- Fuzmeister
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I usually don't use avatars on forums..moslty cause I can never decide what to use...and they usually end up being hated by most. When I first joined, many complained about my depeche mode avatar...but I loved it.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Mine is kind of obvious. Dreamcast logo becomes NeoGeo logo. That and my badge were made by O_R. The badge is about how when I first posted my picture on the forums people thought i was a girl.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Weened again.

Now its 'Jet the Hawk' from the new sonic racing game. He just looks so freaking cool! (not to mention he's a hawk ^_^)
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Is there anyone that doesn't get mine?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Smiley wrote:I usually don't use avatars on forums..moslty cause I can never decide what to use...and they usually end up being hated by most. When I first joined, many complained about my depeche mode avatar...but I loved it.
Um, thats probably because it was a poorly looped animated gif....and there is nothing thats more of an eyesore on the web.

Navi: Your avatar is awesome, are there any scanned pics that you have hosted to view?
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

Sonic, I stole it from someone on this board when i signed up here. Been too lazy to change it.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
Smiley wrote:I usually don't use avatars on forums..moslty cause I can never decide what to use...and they usually end up being hated by most. When I first joined, many complained about my depeche mode avatar...but I loved it.
Um, thats probably because it was a poorly looped animated gif....and there is nothing thats more of an eyesore on the web.

Navi: Your avatar is awesome, are there any scanned pics that you have hosted to view?
Thankfully I don't remember it. :D

Didn't he use that stupid american dad one at one point? Or was that someone else?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

:cry: