Forum Organisation?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
User avatar
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:10 am
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Prophet][ » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:56 pm

Cammyfan wrote:No I am not. Read what BlackAura posted in the Dreamcast "Scene" thread.
I think he is referrign to the fact we used to have one before we got screwed and someone stole it.
User avatar
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:21 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Cammyfan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:58 pm

When did that happen? I do not remember that.
Image
User avatar
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:10 am
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Prophet][ » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:10 pm

long time ago. You can see it now hosted here http://www.dchomebrew.org but it used to be homebrew.dcemulation.org before someone decided they wanted to make money of it and abused their ftp access and uploaded it all to their own server and deletec everything on ours.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16199
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:13 pm

Prophet][ wrote:long time ago. You can see it now hosted here http://www.dchomebrew.org but it used to be homebrew.dcemulation.org before someone decided they wanted to make money of it and abused their ftp access and uploaded it all to their own server and deletec everything on ours.

Don't you just love wraggster?
It's thinking...
User avatar
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:21 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Cammyfan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:26 pm

I definitely love Wraggster.
Image
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Luriden » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 pm

I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
User avatar
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:21 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Cammyfan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:40 pm

That is no way to treat a fellow Dreamcast Emulation member.
Image
User avatar
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:06 am
Location: Cary, NC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Covar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:46 pm

Kenichi wrote:I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
i agree with you. and cammyfan look at the rank, Kenichi, however emo, has more of a say than you.
User avatar
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: Canada
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Caboose » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:46 pm

Cammyfan wrote:That is no way to treat a fellow Dreamcast Emulation member.
Well, that's how things roll around here. Most people don't have a problem with it (including me), and if you don't like it then no one is stopping you from leaving.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:11 am
Location: United States
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:56 pm

I think there may be a few too many forums, but that's probably just because I only visit three of them. I'm sure the others are important to other people, so I don't think they should be dicked with at all. It's not broken, everything is working...so don't f*ck with it.

A new site would be pretty cool though. I thought a revamp was coming? What ever happenned to that?
Very sexy hero, omg
User avatar
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 3:08 am
Location: New Orleans
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by toastman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:17 pm

Covar wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
i agree with you. and cammyfan look at the rank, Kenichi, however emo, has more of a say than you.
Actually, I would say they have about equal say.

None.
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Luriden » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:27 pm

toastman wrote:
Covar wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I love how these people who hardly ever post here are now showing up and suggesting we change, or even scrap the entire site to suit their needs. If you don't like the site, GO AWAY.
i agree with you. and cammyfan look at the rank, Kenichi, however emo, has more of a say than you.
Actually, I would say they have about equal say.

None.
And why is that, because I'm not an administrator? You aren't either (afaik), so welcome to the club, buddy.

I never said I have any more say that anyone, but I don't think a newbie should be allowed to conduct the future of the forums. Especially since, like it has been stated already, the forums are fine as they are. There are people who visit each section, so there's real no reason to get rid of them.

Hell, let's email George Bush and tell him to get rid of Alaska since there's not that many people living there. Sure, not quite the same case, but you get the picture.
User avatar
Cammyfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:21 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Cammyfan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:11 pm

You should not consider someone a noob just because they have not posted much. I have still read basically everything there is worth reading on these forums.

We should not get rid of any forum. We should turn certain forums into sub forums to organize this place better. We should also turn certain forums into one or maybe two pinned threads. There is not that much that is posted here and having so many completely separate sections is unnecessary.
Image
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16199
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Cammyfan wrote:You should not consider someone a noob just because they have not posted much. I have still read basically everything there is worth reading on these forums.

We should not get rid of any forum. We should turn certain forums into sub forums to organize this place better. We should also turn certain forums into one or maybe two pinned threads. There is not that much that is posted here and having so many completely separate sections is unnecessary.
Go away: No one asked you.
It's thinking...
User avatar
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times
Contact:

Post by MetaFox » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Cammyfan wrote:That is true. A new website should be started. Since BlackAura has said that emulation is not important and only homebrew is, then why not start a new website named Dreamcast Homebrew? Even though this website is named Dreamcast Emulation, emulation is not important. Is that not correct BlackAura?
Quit being a jerk. BlackAura stated that he's still working on Genesis Plus, so he obviously feels emulation is important as well.

His statement was that Dreamcast has a better community than the rest of the community because authors focus on both the original games and emulators and ports, while the other console communities just focus on emulators and ports.

Stop being so offensive.
Locked