PS3 Specs out...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PS3 Specs out...

Post by DuffMan »

OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Sounds like bullspit.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

In Spring 2006? I don't believe that for a second. I thought they just sent out the dev kits not too long ago.

I also see that they are definately going to have Blue Ray discs, which will probably shoot the cost up a ton.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Sony is terrible at making consoles.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

In Before The Everyone Else
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Who cares?

I want good games. I couldnt give a crap about facts and figures.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Christ they're still using the boomerang controller. You'd think with all the negative feedback they would have done something to it
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Lunchbox wrote:Christ they're still using the boomerang controller. You'd think with all the negative feedback they would have done something to it
Nintendo is still using their's design. They have gotten some really bad feedback. Personally I just miss the Cord, and how there is a corded model for both consoles.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Is sony still planning on making it so that you can not play used games, or was that a rumor or changed etc?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Veggita2099 wrote:Is sony still planning on making it so that you can not play used games, or was that a rumor or changed etc?
That would be the dumbest idea ever.

Then again, Sony is dumb so I would see them doing that.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:Is sony still planning on making it so that you can not play used games, or was that a rumor or changed etc?
Sony denounced the rumor.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

lawl, RSX @ 550 mhz, can you say G70 core? and even today there are cards out there trashing the 7800GTX512, which the RSX would be, and on top of it, the RSX will only have 256 mb of Vram, not 512

and Nvidia will be launching the refresh G71 in march, ati has already launched its r580 (x1900xtx)

and around mid summer the next gen (G80 and r600) will wipe the floor once more with everything out there in the consoles :D at least the 360 had its (few) days at the top, the ps3 will never have them :P

and spring 2006, yeah right....
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

spring 06? no, according to the article on next-gen it's september 21 06 in the US and the 16 in japan....
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

ugh, such an ugly machine. and controller. i don't know much about the ps3, but i'm pretty sure i don't want one. oh, i forgot about backwards compatability...thats sweet. i'll wait till there are real developer/user reviews though.

and Orange_ribbon: while people have denounced the revolution controller, it has more positive than negative, and the developers love it. compare it to the wind waker scenario; everyone thought it was a terrible look, but once they played it they thought it was atleast fitting, at best brilliant.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

BoneyCork wrote:Who cares?

I want good games. I couldnt give a crap about facts and figures.
Couldn't agree more.

while people have denounced the revolution controller, it has more positive than negative
I've found most negative reactions have mainly been from people who haven't even tried it, Most people who have actually picked one up and tried it: reactions have been good.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

hell, im sure noone liked the d pad at first, but look at us now..well, past digital and now analogue, but still. The look, the shape, doesnt matter. What the next gen games need isnt sequel after sequel, or else we'll just have the same old games with newer graphics-wait, isnt that what things are about now? And as far as remakes, handhelds do them best-Mega Man X hunter, Super Mario Bros DS..I'd love a remade Resident evil 2 though.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:lawl, RSX @ 550 mhz, can you say G70 core? and even today there are cards out there trashing the 7800GTX512, which the RSX would be, and on top of it, the RSX will only have 256 mb of Vram, not 512

and Nvidia will be launching the refresh G71 in march, ati has already launched its r580 (x1900xtx)

and around mid summer the next gen (G80 and r600) will wipe the floor once more with everything out there in the consoles :D at least the 360 had its (few) days at the top, the ps3 will never have them :P

and spring 2006, yeah right....
You're funny.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

As far as videogames go, I plan on never buying another sony console. Way to much headaches, needed repairs with my old ps2. Plus, I'm planning on buying a revolution (big suprise, huh?) and I hate that controller for the ps3.

I heard that sony stopped using the dual shock look because some other company was gonna sue them for "copying" said look. Is that true?

I will admit that the ps3 looks damn good in the black and/or silver color. */me salivates
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Doesn't look too crappy - but why switch to the boomerang design controller when there is essentially nothing new about it...?

- Fuzmeister
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

wikipedia wrote:In March 2005, Sony and Microsoft were sued by force-feedback company Immersion for patent infringement for the use of vibration functions in their controllers. While Microsoft settled out of court, purchasing a 10% share in the company, Sony continued to defend the case. Sony lost, and was required to pay considerable royalties to Immersion and suspend the sale of the controllers, including all PlayStation and PlayStation 2 console packages containing them. Sony plans on appealing this decision and will be able to sell its products until the appeal has been processed.