*sigh* Why does everyone compare any FPS to Halo?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

Tyne wrote:Quake 1 rocks any FPS ever, nuff said.
Certainly does with Tenebrae
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Darkplaces > Tenebrae any day
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Ross L. wrote:Not bothering to read the three pages at the moment but I don't compare any FPS to Halo. I am one of the few that hate Halo I guess. My friend played it so much I can hardly stand talking about it. Instead, I compare my FPS' to Metriod. :P
I'm still in the beginning stages of Metroid Prime, but it's so f'ing good. Much better than I expected, and the graphics are STILL beautiful, despite it being 3 years old.

Can't wait for Metroid Prime 3 with the revolution controller!
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

atf487 wrote:
Ross L. wrote:Not bothering to read the three pages at the moment but I don't compare any FPS to Halo. I am one of the few that hate Halo I guess. My friend played it so much I can hardly stand talking about it. Instead, I compare my FPS' to Metriod. :P
I'm still in the beginning stages of Metroid Prime, but it's so f'ing good. Much better than I expected, and the graphics are STILL beautiful, despite it being 3 years old.

Yes im sure the Revolution controller will make FPS even more enjoyable >_>
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Ceeg wrote:
atf487 wrote:

Yes im sure the Revolution controller will make FPS even more enjoyable >_>
Dude, if they do what I thought Sega were planning on when they added a control pad to the light gun and come out with a decent lightgun style game thats freeform and not 'on rails', that's a system seller right there.

Plus probably the only control scheme possible that would be superior to keyboard and mouse short of VR 'freelook' helmets or whatever.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Nintendo hasn't utilized guns since the SNES days
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

If I remember the Revo video correctly, a guy uses the controller in a gun-like manner. So one would assume they're gonna make gun games completely compatible, they'd be stupid not too. So they skipped a couple generations, no big deal.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

With a universal 'base' as the control that accepts cheap plastic 'shells' to change its ergonomic form, you're going to see a hundred different guns for it whether nintendo officially make them or not.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

With a universal 'base' as the control that accepts cheap plastic 'shells' to change its ergonomic form, you're going to see a hundred different guns for it whether nintendo officially make them or not.
That's true. And opens up an assload of possibilities for games. That's why the revo is at the top of my list.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Nyarlathotep wrote:With a universal 'base' as the control that accepts cheap plastic 'shells' to change its ergonomic form, you're going to see a hundred different guns for it whether nintendo officially make them or not.
That would be nice, but Nintendo doesn;t get many FPSs to begin with i can only think of three for cube TSFP, COD 1 and 2 Metroid Prime 1 and 2, im sure theres more, but i can't think of any. So hopefully with Rev if they do use guns we will get many more FPS maybe a new Time Crisis game :)
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Ceeg wrote:Nintendo hasn't utilized guns since the SNES days
That was no gun, it was a bloody bazooka
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ceeg wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:With a universal 'base' as the control that accepts cheap plastic 'shells' to change its ergonomic form, you're going to see a hundred different guns for it whether nintendo officially make them or not.
That would be nice, but Nintendo doesn;t get many FPSs to begin with i can only think of three for cube TSFP, COD 1 and 2 Metroid Prime 1 and 2, im sure theres more, but i can't think of any. So hopefully with Rev if they do use guns we will get many more FPS maybe a new Time Crisis game :)
It also got Time Splitters 2, Red Faction 2, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and Dogs of War, Geist, Ghost Recon 2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Rainbow Six 3/Lockdown, XIII, Judge Dredd, Jedi Knight 2, Turok Evolution, Die Hard Vendetta, and Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Dude, if they do what I thought Sega were planning on when they added a control pad to the light gun and come out with a decent lightgun style game thats freeform and not 'on rails', that's a system seller right there.
Just a little FYI, there is such a game on the PS2. It just kinda sucks. I own it. That would be Dino Stalker. There's also Resident Evil: Dead Aim (point in fact, the Resident Evil: Survivor Series has been like this in Japan for quite a while), which I also own. There just haven't been enough GOOD games utilizing the system. They're quite fun when they work, the games just aren't that good yet.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

LOL! That Bazooka! It had like 3 games, not counting the 6 crappy games it came with. That thing was so dumb! It took like 6 D batteries.

Sadly I did buy one :(
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

JuddWack wrote:
LOL! That Bazooka! It had like 3 games, not counting the 6 crappy games it came with. That thing was so dumb! It took like 6 D batteries.

And that is reason enough why Nintendo shouldn't do guns.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Ceeg wrote:
JuddWack wrote:

And that is reason enough why Nintendo shouldn't do guns.
Yeah, like the menecer was that much better. The bazooka was pretty cool, It was the games that sucked.

Anyway, It looks like nintendo are going down the FPS route with this analogue stick/light gun setup.

There was a REV with Metroid Prime running at the tokyo show using this setup and first impressions have been very good apparently.