Saddam to court: 'Screw you guys, I'm goin home'

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Saddam to court: 'Screw you guys, I'm goin home'

Post by Roofus »

Wednesday's session was delayed for about four hours after Hussein failed to appear in court.

It capped off three days of harrowing testimony from Dujail residents who were rounded up by government forces 23 years ago following a failed assassination attempt against Hussein.

The Monday and Tuesday sessions featured a defiant, quarrelsome, rambling Hussein and seven co-defendants who have been charged with crimes against humanity, including the 1982 killings of more than 140 men and boys in Dujail, a town north of Baghdad.

Hussein's chair was conspicuously empty on Wednesday. (Watch: Hussein is a no-show -- 2:03)

After a brief session behind closed doors, the trial resumed without Hussein present, and Hussein's chief attorney thanked presiding Judge Rizgar Mohammed Amin for continuing.

The judge said Hussein would be informed about the proceedings taking place in his absence, and judges would meet with the defense team after Wednesday's session to discuss the security situation of the attorneys.

The testimony featured grim descriptions of mistreatment from two anonymous witnesses.

As the nine-hour court session drew to a close Tuesday, Hussein complained that he had worn the same clothes for several days.

"I will not be in a court without justice. Go to hell, all you agents of America," Hussein told the court.

Link
Last edited by Roofus on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

*Saddam
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Xylene wrote:*Saddam
Fixed
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Syd »

What kind of screwed up legal system do they have over there? From what I thought, when you kill people and have a court date you don't decide whether or not to show up, you're dragged in there!
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

If Saddam went along with the judicial process as the US plans, he'll obviously be found guilty and either be put to death or stuck in prison to rot for a few dozen centuries. By saying that the court is illegal and is unjust he plays just about the only card he may have to get off. makes sense really.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I rather liked a few days back when one of the other accused said 'Why dont you just hang us & get it over with?' sounds like a plan to me
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Hawq wrote:I rather liked a few days back when one of the other accused said 'Why dont you just hang us & get it over with?' sounds like a plan to me
i don't see a problem with that.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

It's so easy to stall the courts. He's basically flipping the finger and crying that he's not being treated fairly... he knows he deserves to get hanged.