So which stores carry the Xbox 360...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Chaniyth » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:13 am

Microsoft is losing $126 per Xbox 360 sold, it's amazing that they even stay in the race for Next Gen, considering the small amount shipped, and the amount of troubles people are having with the units.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:18 pm

Invizix wrote:Microsoft is losing $126 per Xbox 360 sold, it's amazing that they even stay in the race for Next Gen, considering the small amount shipped, and the amount of troubles people are having with the units.
But everything inside the system is owned by them, which means it'll be easier to adjust pricing later on in the generation and they'll hopefully turn a profit or break even on the systems. Still, all consoles cost a company money for a big part of their cycle. They make the money on games, acessories and various other things. Also, I've only heard of the heating issue for the units. What are the other problems people are having? They're most likely just heating related. There's a rumor going around that MS planned to have more systems at launch but 30% of the consoles produced were no good. That's what happens when you launch early and take a risk on the heating.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:04 pm

JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:12 pm

$799 from JCPenny! Wow what a ripoff! Check out this long list of excellent bonuses you get for purchasing the "bundle".

"XBox? 360 Platinum Bundle includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote."
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:21 pm

JuddWack wrote:$799 from JCPenny! Wow what a ripoff! Check out this long list of excellent bonuses you get for purchasing the "bundle".

"XBox? 360 Platinum Bundle includes controller, play and charge kit, battery pack and remote."
Not to mention it'll be 2 weeks before they ship it to your house.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:23 pm

Hahaha damn someone must have bought from jc penny because they where in stock when i made that post.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:26 pm

XPoGoX wrote:Hahaha damn someone must have bought from jc penny because they where in stock when i made that post.
Did you manage to get a system? If so, let me come over. :lol:
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Naw man i didnt even bother. My buddy camped out at naugys walmart and got one. Your store isnt getting weekly shipments?.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:49 pm

XPoGoX wrote:Naw man i didnt even bother. My buddy camped out at naugys walmart and got one. Your store isnt getting weekly shipments?.
So far nothing, but we've got a 1700 piece truck coming tomorrow. If one is on there, I'll buy it and ebay it. :D
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 am

. Still, all consoles cost a company money for a big part of their cycle
As I recall, Nintendo made a profit on GameCube sales until it dropped to $99.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:17 pm

XPoGoX wrote:Your store isnt getting weekly shipments?.
I've heard a couple people say that their store's "weekly shipment" was something like 1-2 units.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:14 pm

If thats true...thats insane, haha how does microsoft make any profit whatsoever?!, arent they losing 156$ a console as it is?.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:21 pm

But if the world is going to end in 2006, all of those preorders may not even be filled yet. Might not even get to the second generation of games. Better finish all of those Zelda games now while I have the chance :wink:
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:31 pm

Haha oh noez a cross post reference!!!...for shame
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:31 pm

XPoGoX wrote:If thats true...thats insane, haha how does microsoft make any profit whatsoever?!, arent they losing 156$ a console as it is?.
$156 on a system, but everything within the system is owned by them so they'll hopefully be able to cut costs later on and turn a profit and I don't know what kind of profit they'll be making with so few systems, but I think they don't need to worry about money.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:59 pm

XPoGoX wrote:If thats true...thats insane, haha how does microsoft make any profit whatsoever?!, arent they losing 156$ a console as it is?.
Live subscriptions/premium download content... unlike the PC world MS is in control of the online world of 360; anyone who wants to do anything online on 360 has to pay MS, and every 360 user is a potential customer for MS to entice developers/publishers with.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:18 am

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Live subscriptions/premium download content... unlike the PC world MS is in control of the online world of 360; anyone who wants to do anything online on 360 has to pay MS, and every 360 user is a potential customer for MS to entice developers/publishers with.
Also their points(?) system means they run their own virtual economy. Sure, you can make cutom skins and stuff and 'sell' them online through their own marketplace, but MS never have to worry about *actually* paying you any money for your work if they want to distribute it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Was

Post by Veggita2099 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Was at a local gamestop today and they had a few xbox 360's. Goes to show how stupid those ebayers are paying 800 dollars for them. I didn't buy one, just saying as expected a few days after launch they are available.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:02 pm

Tall Israeli wrote:
Invizix wrote:Microsoft is losing $126 per Xbox 360 sold, it's amazing that they even stay in the race for Next Gen, considering the small amount shipped, and the amount of troubles people are having with the units.
But everything inside the system is owned by them, which means it'll be easier to adjust pricing later on in the generation and they'll hopefully turn a profit or break even on the systems. Still, all consoles cost a company money for a big part of their cycle. They make the money on games, acessories and various other things. Also, I've only heard of the heating issue for the units. What are the other problems people are having? They're most likely just heating related. There's a rumor going around that MS planned to have more systems at launch but 30% of the consoles produced were no good. That's what happens when you launch early and take a risk on the heating.
Part of the idea is that they'll be able to shift to half the dye size very very soon, thus making CPU production costs much lower.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:19 pm

At work, I found out about our next shipment of 360's. According to Toolkit, all Best Buy's are all getting stock between Dec. 11-16, but have been told to hold them all for the ad on the 18th. So if you want an Xbox 360, get up early and go get one on the 18th.