I hit a dog

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I hit a dog

Post by toastman »

Coming back from Lafayette last night driving along the highway near 11pm. A dog walks out into the middle of the road.

I brake.

I swerve to the side a little (towards the shoulder, the dog was coming from the left side of the road).

I wind up clocking him in the freaking head.

I get to a gas station to check the damage. I can hardly open the driver side door. The front left fender is bent up, the headlight is gone, there's a buckle in the hood, and minor damage to the front grill.

It sucked.
Also the first time I have ever hit a living creature with my vehicle.
No signature.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Headshot!

But for real, that sucks. You didn't even pull over to check on the dog?
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

when I had my dodge shadow, just about every day on the way to work some damn deer would come from out of nowhere and f my car up; I've never hit a dog though.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Bummer. Hope you have good insurance.

Anyone ever gotten a cat in the engine bay? Man, that makes a mess.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

hearld500 wrote:Bummer. Hope you have good insurance.

Anyone ever gotten a cat in the engine bay? Man, that makes a mess.
:o
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

I remember my friend josh ran over a dog on our way back to his house. It got cought in the wheel well :o

thump thump thump thump :cry:

Eventually the damn thing just broke up and most of the remains just tumbled out. Good times

Edited cause I think these emotes are funnier :P
Last edited by Komid on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Smiley wrote:when I had my dodge shadow, just about every day on the way to work some damn deer would come from out of nowhere and f my car up; I've never hit a dog though.
Why do you tell such outrageous stories? I'm so sure you hit a deer on a nearly daily basis :roll:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I hit deer all the time when I am at work. Not much you can do on a train though.

I hit a cat once when I had a my dodge daytona (loved that car). Not because I hit a cat, it was just a good looking car. I never did see the cat though. I was going out a country road and all I saw was its shadow then thump. It didn't do any damage to my car though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

ace wrote:
Smiley wrote:when I had my dodge shadow, just about every day on the way to work some damn deer would come from out of nowhere and f my car up; I've never hit a dog though.
Why do you tell such outrageous stories? I'm so sure you hit a deer on a nearly daily basis :roll:
Its possible ace. When I drive my le baron its like a catholic school uniform magnet. I end up smashing into at least one group of secong graders a day. Have you ever had to scrape second grader out of your grill? Its horrible.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Komid wrote:I remember my friend josh ran over a dog on our way back to his house. It got cought in the wheel well :twisted:

thump thump thump thump :lol:

Eventually the damn thing just broke up and most of the remains just tumbled out. Good times
You're a dick.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

arrowhead wrote:
ace wrote:
Its possible ace. When I drive my le baron its like a catholic school uniform magnet. I end up smashing into at least one group of secong graders a day. Have you ever had to scrape second grader out of your grill? Its horrible.
My brother has a LeBaron, its not a bad car, ugly as hell paint job thogh, and Komid, your on my shitlist.
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

stagg wrote:
arrowhead wrote:
ace wrote:
My brother has a LeBaron, its not a bad car, ugly as hell paint job thogh, and Komid, your on my shitlist.
Thanks for the warm welcome :P
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Roofus wrote:
Komid wrote:I remember my friend josh ran over a dog on our way back to his house. It got cought in the wheel well :twisted:

You're a dick.
Agreed. Go swallow a knife and some drain cleaner.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

You do know it's up to the owner of the dog to fix your car? I believe something in homeowners or renters insurance will cover it.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

You kill their pet so the owners have to pay for the damage to your car? That must suck for whoever owned that dog.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Roofus wrote:

You're a dick.
I'll second that.
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

Crazy Caboose wrote:You kill their pet so the owners have to pay for the damage to your car? That must suck for whoever owned that dog.
The owner of the dog should be responsible for making sure his pet doesnt run around in the streets/roads. Not only is the owners negligence dangerous to the dog (obviously) but to the drivers using the roads who are at serious risk of getting into an accident when the driver tries too avoid hitting the animal.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Komid wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:You kill their pet so the owners have to pay for the damage to your car? That must suck for whoever owned that dog.
The owner of the dog should be responsible for making sure his pet doesnt run around in the streets/roads. Not only is the owners negligence dangerous to the dog (obviously) but to the drivers using the roads who are at serious risk of getting into an accident when the driver tries too avoid hitting the animal.
I understand that part but still.

*knocks on door*

"Hello?"

"Yes, I ran over your pet the other day"

"Oh dear god..."

"Yeah, and I want you to pay for the damage it did to my car"

I don't know, it just seems like a lot to ask for, especially if they were really attached to their pet. Anyways, I'll stop now because I'm probably not making Toastman feel too good about himself (at least you tried man, at least you tried :( )
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

Crazy Caboose wrote:
Komid wrote:

*knocks on door*

"Hello?"

"Oh dear god..."

I don't know, it just seems like a lot to ask for, especially if they were really attached to their pet. Anyways, I'll stop now because I'm probably not making Toastman feel too good about himself (at least you tried man, at least you tried :( )
I can understand that. I cant say id feel too good about some guy knocking on my door saying they killed my dog sandy (not an original name but come on I was 9 when I got her) and demanded that I pay for the damage caused to his car. Id imagine id think him a...ooooh I dont know a dick maybe. :lol: All joking aside they're wasnt much toastman could do.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Komid wrote:
Crazy Caboose wrote:
Komid wrote:

*knocks on door*

"Hello?"

"Oh dear god..."

I can understand that. I cant say id feel too good about some guy knocking on my door saying they killed my dog sandy (not an original name but come on I was 9 when I got her) and demanded that I pay for the damage caused to his car. Id imagine id think him a...ooooh I dont know a dick maybe. :lol: All joking aside they're wasnt much toastman could do.
You got it last year?
It's thinking...