Which do use for your gaming a PC or a console?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AntiPro
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AntiPro »

Is it just me or has there been a general lack of worthwhile RPGs on both console and PC this year?
Plastics.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Like I said before, almost all my favourite games have never seen a PC release, and I don't like most PC-exclusive games. So console has always worked better for me in that sense. The fact that lots of popular games may have been ported to PC is irrelevent. The fact that my favourite games haven't is relevant. Because this is my opinion.
can you name some please?

I was overexaggerating somewhat, but still, even a simple game like Half-Life has craploads of controls and commands. I guess they feature in the console version too, and you could argue they offer great control and customization. But I just find them overwhelming and confusing.
are you sure about? that seeing you only use about 5 keys in the game (including the arrow/or strafing whichever you prefer)

But its so impersonal. If I shoot somebody and have to type "lol" instead of turning round and laughing in their face, its no fun. And I wouldnt class anybody I meet online a "friend".
yeah, 4chan isn't a very good place to make friends :wink:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

can you name some please?
The Burnout series, The SSX series, Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Final Fantasy X, Ico, Super Monkeyball Series, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark (probably the only 2 FPS games Ive ever enjoyed), Resident Evil Code Veronica (best in the series imo), Gran Turismo series, Tekken series, Soul Calibur series, Virtua Tennis, lots of games featuring Zelda, lots of games featuring Sonic, lots of games featuring Mario...and lots lots more.
yeah, 4chan isn't a very good place to make friends
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

The internet isn't a very good place to make friends because people can and will lie to your face, and because the best thing about having friends is being able to do things that aren't sitting at home alone on your computer.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Virtua Tennis
I thought that was on PC
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Skynet wrote:
Virtua Tennis
I thought that was on PC
Hmm, seems you are right, it was, but the sequel wasnt, and that one is better anyway :)
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I prefer playing console only because I like to sit on a nice comfy couch or lazyboy, however there are a lot of PC games I would play if my computer could handle it. Right now I just play old school CS on my PC.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

BoneyCork wrote:
Skynet wrote:
Virtua Tennis
I thought that was on PC
Hmm, seems you are right, it was, but the sequel wasnt, and that one is better anyway :)
True. :P

I would've loved to see Shenmue appear on PC after being released on DC. I especially would love to see a 3rd for PC, but I know it won't happen. I do agree with your list on console only games that aren't on PC that are good games, though. Shenmue will probably remain one of my favourite games of all time. :oops:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800