EverQuest 2

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EverQuest 2

Post by Eckostyle »

Im thinking of jumping to this over WoW. WoW has been fun, but the endgame content is just abysmal and the PvP is for crap, and I dont feel like waiting till Q2/3 2006 for the expansion.

Im a former EQ player(Rallos Zek and Veeshan). I played the demo and liked it. Just got a few questions.

-Is it still the same old camp/grind/groups-required-for-everything scheme from EQ1? Thats one thing that made me quit.
-Hows the level progression? Has it improved/speedend or is it still very slow past 30/40?
-Hows the class balance? Im going to roll a Mage.
-Hows the PvP?

Thanks.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I've been thinking about getting this game for some time either evercrack or WoW.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I have heard nothing but bad things about EQ2.

They lost almost half of their playerbase in the first month of release.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: EverQuest 2

Post by Veggita2099 »

Eckostyle wrote:Im thinking of jumping to this over WoW. WoW has been fun, but the endgame content is just abysmal and the PvP is for crap, and I dont feel like waiting till Q2/3 2006 for the expansion.

Im a former EQ player(Rallos Zek and Veeshan). I played the demo and liked it. Just got a few questions.

-Is it still the same old camp/grind/groups-required-for-everything scheme from EQ1? Thats one thing that made me quit.
-Hows the level progression? Has it improved/speedend or is it still very slow past 30/40?
-Hows the class balance? Im going to roll a Mage.
-Hows the PvP?

Thanks.
I played a conjuror to level 50 in eq2. MY #1 observation (as many others have said as well) Is the game is fun till about lvl 20. There is lots of fun solo quests up until lvl 20. After that every quest requires a group. Most of the quests are kill X (group only) mobs and get a couple of gold and exp.

Gaining exp is probably about the same as everquest 1 levelign was back before it had any expansions. They implemented vitality which basically gives you double exp while you have it. However the double exp is basically normal exp. When you run out of vitality you gain exp at a very slow speed. If you play any amount of time you will burn your vitality up fast.

Class balance is terrible. Paladins can out DPS casters, in fact the tank classes are the best soloers in the game. That is one of the main reasons I quit. I was sick of watching a paladin the same level as me do just about the same DPS that my dots and pet did.

I quit before PvP was put in, so I can't really say.

They seem to nerf the game with every patch, and I mean nerfs that completely change it. For instance when they required every single item to be attuned they lost a lot of people. The armor is bery boreing and very restrictive (absolutely no twinking). Tradeskilling takes so much time that it is a huge pain.

In any case I don't recommend it. In short the game is very restrictive on everything you do and it just gets more boreing as you level up. Oh and the constant access quests was really a pain.

If you was big into EQ1 you probably not be big on eq2.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Don't go to Star Wars Galaxies. They are planning to wipe the game's class system (and thus ability system, basicly everything) and simplify it. No more space combat.

http://swg.allakhazam.com/news/sdetail6 ... story=6517
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I cancelled my swg subscription after like a week or so. I still have my CoH one and I've been meaning to pick up CoV. Still a great game imo, lots of teamplay and lots of solo play ( I don't like playing in teams so yeah )
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

I tried EQ2 over WoW last month....it was fun for acouple days. The game in general is boring, to me. Has a very slow pace.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

How much is the first everquest to play online? Is it like $10 or the same price as EQ2?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:How much is the first everquest to play online? Is it like $10 or the same price as EQ2?
I think pretty much ever MMORPH its up to 14.99 now.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

FFXI.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Jeeba wrote:FFXI.
No.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Jeeba wrote:FFXI.
Doesn't work.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Since the game is cheap enough, I'm gonna buy it with a game card and give it a whirl.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

FFXI...the first MMOwhatever game I ever got into, and probably the only one I ever will get into. I quit it over a year ago as I lost my net access for a while, then I lost my playonline ID meaning I'd need to rebuy the software.

I guess in a way it was a good thing because I got so addicted to it...

...but then just the other day I found Amazon UK selling it for less than a tenner, which is ridiculously cheap compared to most other places, and I ended up buying it again :x Perhaps this will be a very bad move on my part and I'll see my life dissapear again, but I just love it too much.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Anybody play Star Wars Galaxies right now? If they redo the game I might actually be interested in it. I played it about 3 days when it was still fairly new and hated it. I didn't like the fact there was no NPC merchants (made making money hard). Supposedly you coudl tradeskill stuff and sell to players, but it didn't take long to realize you had to be able to make high end stuff to even get people to buy it.

I also didn't like the leveling system. Call me old fashion but I want to grab a weapon and start killing newbie mobs and ding lvl 2, lvl 3, etc etc. I don't know how you was supposed to level up in SWG. For 2 or 3 hours I killed mobs and I never got any more powerful or anything. Some people said you had to do quests to actualy level, but the only quests I could find involved killing groups of mobs that was 5 levels above me.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Veggita2099 wrote:Anybody play Star Wars Galaxies right now? If they redo the game I might actually be interested in it. I played it about 3 days when it was still fairly new and hated it. I didn't like the fact there was no NPC merchants (made making money hard). Supposedly you coudl tradeskill stuff and sell to players, but it didn't take long to realize you had to be able to make high end stuff to even get people to buy it.

I also didn't like the leveling system. Call me old fashion but I want to grab a weapon and start killing newbie mobs and ding lvl 2, lvl 3, etc etc. I don't know how you was supposed to level up in SWG. For 2 or 3 hours I killed mobs and I never got any more powerful or anything. Some people said you had to do quests to actualy level, but the only quests I could find involved killing groups of mobs that was 5 levels above me.
I played it till a week ago. The different exp is what's fun..its basicly tied to what kind of weapon you use. Most people now just go to Dantooine mining camp, join a group, and kill creatures for exp. You can level to 80 within a week that way. They are also planning to remove the space based combat..