PS3 Falls Down, Goes Boom

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ETR
Dumb
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by ETR » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:08 pm

It's probably hype, that way they can release it mid2005, and claim they're dedicated to the project and that the early release proves it.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:09 pm

...and then the jaggie madness will show that they werent dedicated in the least, hehe.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:39 pm

As a ninty loyalist, I am very happy. While I enjoyed my time with my defunct ps2, I was surely not gonna buy a ps3...especially with that controller they've been showing.

I think the delay til 2007 will allow sony to focus more of their attention on the psp...amd hopefully continue making decent games for the ps2.

I have seen the 360 at my wal-mart, and at first glance thought it was a box running a new game; not very impressive. And I hope that nintendo will have some killer apps for the holiday (since the zelda game has been delayed) to lure potential buyers from the 360.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:55 pm

Id love it if the revolution was only 200 but something makes me doubt it. But anyway, next system im buying is the psp, then the 360, then probably the revolution if i can afford it. But no time right now, ive got one helluva headache. :x
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:45 am

well, i wont be getting a PS3 for sure, seeing how even all platinum games priced at 20 bucsk cant convince me to sell out for a PS2.. and seeing how the ps2 worked for sony, i doubt ps3 will be very different

so far the 360 looks like the surest bet for me, but im kinda unsure about the graphics, a lot of people are saying the first demos look incredible "meh", a mate of mine played a demo pod, and the sides of the track in PGR3 were even blurier then in PGR2 according to him...

and nintendo, well id like to believe in it.... but i want to see it first
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:30 am

ETR wrote:It's probably hype, that way they can release it mid2005, and claim they're dedicated to the project and that the early release proves it.
Sony haven't claimed the PS3 is capable of time travel ...yet.
TheSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by TheSiggler » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:40 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
ETR wrote:It's probably hype, that way they can release it mid2005, and claim they're dedicated to the project and that the early release proves it.
:wink:
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:08 am

Late on the draw, but as far as the PS3 news goes, I'd have to go with BoneyCork with this one. Every story has a grain of truth; it is certainly possible that some dev units may have over heated, but given the lack of concrete sources, I say there is some misinformation and exageration here. A delay of several months... that would seem more likely. Firing the development team and starting from square 1 and waiting until 2007? Unlikely turn of events. A cooling problem shouldn't take that long to fix, and I doubt Sony will give that much leeway to MS or Nintendo. If that were there only option, this kind of news would have made most of the major news sources by now given the stakes of a multi-billion (lots of millions?) dollar industry.

360: not impressed with the first gen so far (aliasing is still very apparent; when is this crap going to be fixed) but Oblivion interests me. I'm waiting until the second gen of games hits to see what is up though.

Revolution: more vaporware than PS3 at this point. Other than the controller and the ability to play classic games, how much more do we really know. Too early for me to say much.

Other than the 360 because it is so close to launch, the internet is so much rumor and rift raft, hard to know what is true.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Quzar » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:53 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
In the next week we see PS3 games on the shelf and ask someone at the store "Hey, has that been released already?" to which they answer "Dude, it's been out for 3 months" and points to a stack. o_O
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:58 pm

Quzar wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
In the next week we see PS3 games on the shelf and ask someone at the store "Hey, has that been released already?" to which they answer "Dude, it's been out for 3 months" and points to a stack. o_O
And three months later when the stack is still there without anyone buying any, Sony will blame the consumer in a interview, saying, "We have created the most beautiful thing in history! And we can prove it because it can travel through time with our proprietary time format called 'Chronogy'. The people that say the PS3 launch was ill-timed because it was released before anyone's knowledge is ridiculous! Would you criticize a famous architect for the placement of a gate?"