White Like Me

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
2Hung2Care
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 2Hung2Care »

I agree, and to an extent the author of this book agrees. He doesn't so much go around saying how whitey's always keeping the black man down. What he tries to do is show, through stories, how society favors and rewards the white man, whether they know it or not.
The story also takes place some time ago, nowadays things are much different.
The UK and US do have massive racism problems.
But then again so do most countries.
Racismis one group saying they are better than another, which doesn't really happen at least not in the media, in fact most black comedians poke fun at whites like its a minstrel show on top of that blacks are given far more benefits from the government than whites, such as financial aid for school and a whole slew of other things. 11x asmuch money pumped into their communtiy as they put out, least that is what i HEARD.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

2Hung2Care wrote:11x asmuch money pumped into their communtiy as they put out, least that is what i HEARD.
so either they all have huge hidden bank balances, burn money to keep warm or you don't understand economics ?
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

2Hung2Care wrote:
I agree, and to an extent the author of this book agrees. He doesn't so much go around saying how whitey's always keeping the black man down. What he tries to do is show, through stories, how society favors and rewards the white man, whether they know it or not.

The book was written in 2004 and published earlier this year.

At BC:

You're absouluty correct, most people aren't racist, but that doesn't mean that the raceism of others does not effect those who are not.

Just because people are not racist does not mean that they can not become wise to the actions of others and try to do something to fix it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

People have been trying to fix it for decades. Changing people's attitudes toward things isn't that easy to do, and in a lot of cases probably impossible.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Digital Chaos wrote:
Nick wrote:Racism exists on both ends of the spectrum. It is not limited to only white people or only black people or only purple people etc. It gets pretty annoying when all these activists and theorists come along and basically condemn an entire "race" as being bad and immoral and at fault.
Ah, I see. The impression that I got was he was another one of those people blanketting white people as all racist, all the time, constantly and conciously.
Very sexy hero, omg
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

slavery was more like 140 years ago, not 30. And the civil rights movement was more like 40 years ago, not 30. Just wondering where you guys got the 30 years ago number.

And do you think slavery is still a hot topic issue in Brazil? Im sure most of you already know this from your history books: Brazil had govt sponsored slavery until 1888 which was 23 years after slavery was abolished in America. Brazil was the last country in the western hemisphere to abolish slavery. Im sure some of you are brazilian so I am wondering if some of the black people still in brazil pull the race card on Brazilians?
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Digital Chaos wrote:
2Hung2Care wrote:
The book was written in 2004 and published earlier this year.
Probably thinking about Black Like Me which was written in '59 or thereabouts. That's what I thought he was talking about at first, as well.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Yeah, I was probably thinking of Black Like Me also.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

racism exists because people want it.

many black people enjoy their status as the minority, these people take advantage of the fact that they can they can use their race and the fact that over 130 years ago their ancestors may or may not have been slaves.

many white people use racism as an excuse, if i was black i would have got this, that man got the job over me because he's black.

don't believe racisms wanted, try suggesting to people that the government be color blind(no more race sections on government forms) and see who objects.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

arrowhead wrote:slavery was more like 140 years ago, not 30. And the civil rights movement was more like 40 years ago, not 30. Just wondering where you guys got the 30 years ago number.

And do you think slavery is still a hot topic issue in Brazil? Im sure most of you already know this from your history books: Brazil had govt sponsored slavery until 1888 which was 23 years after slavery was abolished in America. Brazil was the last country in the western hemisphere to abolish slavery. Im sure some of you are brazilian so I am wondering if some of the black people still in brazil pull the race card on Brazilians?
I was under the impression Brazil had more than just black slaves...

But I do know racism in Brazil isn't remotely comparable to that in the US. There is a heavy amount of racially mixed people, to the point where the US type of racism just doesn't really make sense.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.