Why does there have to be so many god damn Street Fighters

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by not just souLLy now » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:46 am

i never much liked streetfighter games. in the snes days i was always more of a mortal kombat kinda guy.

i dunno i always find fighting games limited and repetitive, i prefer games with some kind of progression games where you have to beat your previous scores or time don't hold my interest really.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:49 am

Vlad Tepes wrote:I'm suprised there hasn't been a special edition of CvS2. Ya know...add a few characters, tweak the current ones, and slightly modify the stages to include new colors and such. I'd buy it.
Capcom did that with SFA3(SFA3 Saikyo Dojo), and it tanked. The game was supremely hated in Japan and it never saw the light of day in US arcades. They decided to port it to the DC, and it's widely considered one of the worst ports Capcom has ever done.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:32 am

Why did they make so many? Because Capcom wanted to cash in on the franchise, and knew that the fans would eat it up.

It's all business at the end of the day.
Go Go Power Rangers!!!