Vatican bans gays

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Vatican bans gays

Post by |darc| »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4276912.stm

The Vatican is to ban all gay men from joining the clergy even if they accept a vow of celibacy, reports say.

The late Pope John Paul II ordered a review of the Catholic church's policy on homosexuality after US priests were involved in child sex abuse.

------------

Preists aren't allow to marry because they're technically 'married' to God. Isn't God male (the "father")? :P
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Roofus »

A better idea would be to ban pedophiles.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

soooo it says on you CV you like to dick little girls. . . that should be fine . . . (ticks 'not gay')

afaik Catholic nuns 'marry' Jesus. (i've even read some wear a wedding band)
so if Preists aren't allow to marry because they're technically 'married' to God. . .

Gods gay and Christs a bigamist ?

oh well i'm burning for that one. what the hell, the devil has all the best tunes (plus sex!)
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Vatican bans gays

Post by Syd »

If they do this, then wouldn't like 90% of priests be kicked out of the clergy? Hate to say it but how many guys would get a job vowing they can't be married/have sex? And yes, I'm implying that the majority of the priesthood is indeed gay, even though I have nothing against gays personally.
"and if your kids don't obey you, you can always beat them with a sack of Valencia oranges. They don't leaves bruises and your kids will always know who's boss."
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Wow, did you hear the KKK banned black people, even if they were self hating.
Travis of the Cosmos
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Travis of the Cosmos »

Sir Fetus wrote:Wow, did you hear the KKK banned black people, even if they were self hating.
I while back I saw a an epidsode of "Jerry Springer" were a black guy actually wanted to join the KKK. Hilarious poop.

But seriously this policy isn't going to change anything. It is just another needless codemnation of homosexuality. The church has to allow their clergy to marry, it is the most realistic and sensible solution. For the typical person being without a mate is very unnatural. It might lead some to homosexuality, a sort of prison effect. A relationship with Jesus and god is cool but it can't replace the relationship btw a man and a woman[, or man and man,or woman and woman, whatever floats your boat] .

Most people going into the priesthood whom are homosexual aren't going to admit it, maybe not even to themselves. a lot of the children who were molested were girls. Maybe the Vatican considers that a lesser sin?

If the Church doesn't straigthen itself out, I think it is possible that the burden from litigation might send it into oblivion like countless corporations. Without marriage for the clergy there will be a continued consensus among the public and the juries drawn from that public that a man whom doesn't marry must be a perverted child molester.

Have there been any lawsuits in Europe against the church? Or do european countries limit litigation like some of the states in U.S.?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

All this means is if asked the truth, they will say they are straight.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:All this means is if asked the truth, they will say they are straight.
Yeah, but if they molest a kid, now they have plausible deniability: "He SAID he was straight!"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Roofus wrote:
Egotistical EvilN wrote:All this means is if asked the truth, they will say they are straight.
Yeah, but if they molest a kid, now they have plausible deniability: "He SAID he was straight!"
Well, of course he was straight. When was the last time you felt like doing something sexual to someone but didn't have a boner?
It's thinking...
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

How can you tell that they are straight or gay unless you see them screwing?

I mean I am a fairly gayish man, but I am straight. Would I be denied because I love baking cookies, I use the term outfits, and other general stuff.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

There go my dreams of becoming a Catholic priest. :cry:
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You could always instead join the ULC and do it online!
http://www.ulc.org/
It's thinking...
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

|darc| wrote:You could always instead join the ULC and do it online!

lol I did that like 7 years ago. Nobody calls me Reverend though. :(
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Roofus wrote:
|darc| wrote:You could always instead join the ULC and do it online!

lol I did that like 7 years ago. Nobody calls me Reverend though. :(
You should have been Reverend Roofus when we had that name alliteration thing going on.
It's thinking...
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

The Church is in it's decline, anyway. They're putting nails into their own coffin with things like this.

Let em ban blacks for all I care. I'm all for The Church self-destructively clinging to old ideas.

Also, this makes no sense. Pederasts certainly wouldn't be open enough about their sexuality to bring it up in a screening process.

Also, pedophilia is something we're all guilty of. It's completely natural for an adult to find a 13 year old girl attractive. Every kid deals with it. A pederast actually touches a child.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

jaredfogle wrote:Also, pedophilia is something we're all guilty of. It's completely natural for an adult to find a 13 year old girl attractive. Every kid deals with it. A pederast actually touches a child.
Thank you.
It's thinking...
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Weren't gays already banned as requirement for the level of hypocrisy necessary for the church to operate?

Rand.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

jaredfogle wrote:Also, pedophilia is something we're all guilty of. It's completely natural for an adult to find a 13 year old girl attractive.
Assuming a typical pace of development, what you describe is not pedophilia. If the attraction is exclusively to adolescents, the disorder is called ephebophilia. Pedophilia is defined as sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. This is a distinction that is no doubt lost on mainstream thought about age disparity in sexual relationships, but it's an important one from a conceptual and logical standpoint.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Do you think atheist's can become reverends?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

What about these "can become reverends" which are possessed by Atheists?
It's thinking...