Retarded kid kicked out of theater

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Retarded kid kicked out of theater

Post by Roofus »

"If you're a 7-year-old kid with cerebral palsy and autism, you have to take your laughs anywhere you can get them. Just don't have too much fun at the local movie theater, or you might get thrown out. That's what happened to young Anthony Pratti this week. To say his parents are upset about it would be an understatement."

Link
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

This is a sad situation but I understand the manager if you have 20 + people who cant hear a movie because a kid is laughing to hard you have to do something. I think the best solution would have been to refund there money and to give them a private screening of the movie before they opened. Its really no right thing to do here. If i was watching a movie and some kid kept being loud I wouldn't report him but I wouldnt think i got my moneys worth out the movie.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Treating disabled people equally is fine, but not if it is at the mass-inconvinience of others. I agree that perhaps a private screening wouldve been a better option.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

How loud could the kid be laughing? I mean, the movie was probably full of 7-12 year olds anyways. I doubt they really pay attention to the movie either way.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

BoneyCork wrote:Treating disabled people equally is fine, but not if it is at the mass-inconvinience of others. I agree that perhaps a private screening wouldve been a better option.
He was treated equally. He was disruptive so he was kicked out. Maybe "retards" would be less behaviorly challenged if we did start treating them more like normal kids instead of saying "That's OK, Jimmy's a retard. He doesn't know what he's doing."
No signature.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Tasty toastman wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Treating disabled people equally is fine, but not if it is at the mass-inconvinience of others. I agree that perhaps a private screening wouldve been a better option.
He was treated equally. He was disruptive so he was kicked out. Maybe "retards" would be less behaviorly challenged if we did start treating them more like normal kids instead of saying "That's OK, Jimmy's a retard. He doesn't know what he's doing."
Thats what Im thinking, the kid was to loud, they kicked him out. Nothing else to it, it could have been anyone, do you really think he should get better treatment, just because he has ceribal paulsey?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Since I have a brother that has cerebral palsy, I can relate to this story, for it has happened to me and my family countless times. My brother is too mentally ill to realize exactly what he is doing, so sometimes he will have fits of laughter, or moan loudly, none of which are caused by anything. He has been loud in inapropriate places before (like movies or at church), however, unlike the family in this story, we realize that it bothers others, so we take him outside until he calms down.

Therefore, I cannot take any sympathy for the people in this story. This is something I dealt with for 18 years while I was still living with my parents, and I do not regret the things I missed out on because of my brother. If the family in this story regret stupid things like missing a movie because of their child, then they have more serious issues than what that child has.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Tall Israeli@ sig LMAO.

Anyway yea its sad, i dont think they should sit around and do nothing to, take action, just no violence. :D
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

they should have a theater for them type of people that way no one will be pissed that they are laughing so hard. I have a friend with torrets and we got kicked out cuz he shouted out "FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER" and "EAT SHIT YOU FAT BASTARD" to the movie and we got thrown out, he was depressed and cried saying "why can't this disability go away and he starts crying, I gave him a hug and said "people are just stupid, don't let them get to you" I hate people.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I'll bet that parents of the kid will try to sue the theatre for some kind of compensation. I hate jackasses who talk and chew their popcorn loudly, but I would never throw them out and make a scene like I'm sure they caused.

And Dreamcast4life: your idea is purely retarded. sorry, but its true.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dreamcast4life wrote:they should have a theater for them type of people that way no one will be pissed that they are laughing so hard. I have a friend with torrets and we got kicked out cuz he shouted out "fudge YOU COCKSUCKER" and "EAT poop YOU FAT fancy pants" to the movie and we got thrown out, he was depressed and cried saying "why can't this disability go away and he starts crying, I gave him a hug and said "people are just stupid, don't let them get to you" I hate people.
Not only do I believe that you are making that story up, but I also believe that your idea of seperate theaters for 'them type of people' shows that even if your so-called friend does exsist, you are only hanging out with him just to make fun of him.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Just because he's disabled doesn't mean he can act like a dick and ruin everyone elses experience too. They deserved to be kicked out.
Very sexy hero, omg
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

No different then saying you can't bring babies into theatres except they at least gave the kid the benafit of the doubt.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Tall Israeli@ sig LMAO.
No, not LMAO. More like way too big. File size = 200k :x
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800