Merkel Launches Campaign Against Schroeder

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Merkel Launches Campaign Against Schroeder

Post by AuroEdge »

BERLIN - The conservative challenger to Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder kicked off her campaign for next month's elections calling for more jobs and economic growth, even as polls showed the chancellor's party gaining in popularity.

Yet Schroeder's Social Democrats ? whose popularity was up two points to 28 percent ? remain well behind Angela Merkel's conservatives, who polled 42 percent, according to the survey by the TNS Emnid research for the Berliner Morgenpost newspaper.

Read Article Here
--------------------------------------

Resemblance?

Not really, couldn't resist though
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I wouldn't vote for her because she isn't hot.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Sicario
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Sicario »

White women have no place in politics.
Fyifa Is In Love With Drajjia?
Drajjia is so drugs with Fyifa?

-Can I screw your nephew?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Sicario wrote:White women have no place in politics.

When are you ever going to get over your racism?

Wait, when are you going to be banned?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

the nazi chick with the flag is kinda hot |/|
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Sicario wrote:White women have no place in politics.
Right, and spics like yourself should.

I have Mexican and Puerto Rican friends, but this guy is just a tard.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

mikozero wrote:the nazi chick with the flag is kinda hot |/|
Agreed |/| too
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

No, she isn't :rumpshaker:

/me thinks 'Violence against women' should be thought of different considering that pic :lol:

Anyway, I hope the Social Democrats still make it (though I definitly won't vote for them), but it'd be better than having Merkel along with her bunch of ignorant right-winged idiots up there :x
Insane homebrew collector.
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

i hope she'll make it.

comment on german political system. probably inaccurate/wrong because i'll try to sum it up as simple as possible:

bundestag - parlament elected directly by all citizens, selects the german chancelor and government. Right now the social democrats have a majority of seats together with the greens. That's what'll be voted on september 18th

bundesrat - upper house consisting of representatives of the states in germany. Right now the conservatives have a majority

for most decisions, both bundestag and bundesrat are needed -> not much progress these days. Conservatives winning the election would result in a pretty strong political power being able to change a lot -> more progress -> economy boost IMHO
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

skar wrote:i hope she'll make it. [...] Conservatives winning the election would result in a pretty strong political power being able to change a lot -> more progress -> economy boost IMHO
You'd vote for the Christian Democrats ? :o

From my point of view the Social Democrats are the conservatives... What the Christians are planning is pretty much insane :o

I respect the Health-Insurance system we have! Why should we drop that ?

All the outsourcing & changes the Social Democrats did during the past seven years ( Telekom, Post, Bundesbahn, etc. as well as the Health & Poverty programs) already was very bad for the majority of the poorer population and thus for the whole country. Why should this being continued or even speeded up ?

Also it's not true that Bundesrat and Bundestag are needed for "most decisions" ! It's just for those that concern the states and the country. That's a good system IMO. Pretty American.

Anyway, back on topic (lol) - some pretty left-winged women:

http://www.katja-kipping.de/fotogra.htm
http://www.sahra-wagenknecht.de/en/index.php
http://www.juliabonk.de/templates/unter ... lebenslauf
Insane homebrew collector.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Jeeba: Your avatar is cute. ^_^;; Angie a.k.a. Miss Merkel isn't.

But now back to the topic:

I personally don't like to talk about politics in the public such as forums, but I'm astonished that you (Christuserloeser ;)) will vote for Die Linke as it seems. I supported the local PDS party until 2002, but I quit due some personal causes. Currently I dunno what to think about Oskar Lafontaine and if Die Linke really is "vote-able" by now. Their program does have some points which looks a bit to far away from the real-politics.

But anyway, in my opinion there is a need of a leftwinged party in the Bundestag as the opposition. Sad enough that the opposition will mostly only slow down things but can't prevent it.

For US-Americans: Yes, it sounds a bit weird, but if the CDU (Christian Democratic Union) would win the election (and it seems like they would make it), not only the first woman would become Chancellor of Germany, but also the leader of the coalition party FDP (Free Democratic Party), Guido Westerwelle, is homosexual. Yes, he really is and he made it official. I mean... what the heck... one of the most conservative and religious parties in Germany and the people would perfectly fit into the profile of a leftwinged minor party. All Saudi contries will break up the contact as once. :wink:
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IiLuSiv »

White women have no place in politics.
Wow.

Are you joking?

In all the posts, I have read by this guy, I can never tell if he is serious or not.

You're an idiot.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser