Potty-training

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Potty-training

Post by FETUS »

I know some people are parents here, so I'll ask away. Any good tips? I just can't get my boy to go, he's kinda in the stage where he thinks it's just easier to go in the diaper so he can keep havin fun without stopping for that anoying toilet. He's almost 3 now and I'm getting worried now I can count how many times he's actually gone in the toilet.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

boys learn later than girls... give him time.... he will soon learn that its annoying to have this cold wet think hanging off him, and will start by taking the diaper off or trying to take it off... also, when he does use the potty, make it a grand event... offer a reward. my parents used a gumball machine.... when I went, i got a penny for hte machine.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

From my experience, this can become a battle of wills, at least that is the way it was with my son. If you take the diaper away, they start holding it. Actually, that is not a good thing for prolonged periods of time as it can make them sick or lose some of their ability to have self-control. When my son was about four, and we were still having this battle, we took the overnights and diapers away at bed time (he would wait to poop until going to bed). A fews days of holding it won't kill them (though don't let that go on for weeks for the reasons I mentioned). So, we eventually gave him one of those enimas that is a pill that goes you know where. They will go no matter what then. After a couple of rounds of this, my son decided that using the potty was to his advantage, so the battle was over.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Don't always offer rewards, only sometimes. At first, do it a lot, then start less and less. That way they won't always expect a reward and eventually wont ever get one, but hopefully still do it.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

well it's usually a big event when it happens, so he knows he's doin good. rewards however are a no, because my son can be a sneaky little shit. It used to be if he tried to go potty before bathtime he would get bubbles, after a while I got tired because through out the day he would do the whole "gotta potty daddy" thing so I'd take him to the bathroom he'd sit down for no more then 3 seconds then say "bath"(he loves baths). So rewards won't work with him he'll try to be sneaky to get what he wants instead of doing things right to get what he wants.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

just tell him that all good boys and girls use the potty, and the ones that don't, go to hell and burn. then say "you dont' want to go to hell do you?"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

beat the fuck out of him
It's thinking...
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Ask Ray?
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

tel him if he don't use the damn toilet that you will ship his ass off to micheal jacksons ranch
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

My mom was a huge help with my son. She just knew ahead of time that he had to go and brought him to the bathroom. She then got him spiderman underpants and told him when he tells her he has to go he will be a big boy and big boys get spiderman underwear.He still makes some mistakes now but he gets it.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

|darc| wrote:beat the fudge out of him

Once he sees his own blood he'll know what to do.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Maybe let him watch you go #1 and #2?

Seems like it would be hard for a kid to catch on to something that takes place behind closed doors in private all the time.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

just tell him that all good boys and girls use the potty, and the ones that don't, go to hell and burn. then say "you dont' want to go to hell do you?"
tel him if he don't use the damn toilet that you will ship his ass off to micheal jacksons ranch
beat the fudge out of him
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I dunno, my aunt trained my baby cousin, she's a 3 year old girl now by making her kinda stay in the diaper that she did her business in until she learned that it is uncomfortable. :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: