Wireless Keyboards

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vchat20 »

that sounds odd to me. are you sure it ABSOLUTELY requires drivers? have you tried matching the keyboard to the receiver? there should be buttons on both you have to press to do so. if it is usb, have you tried checking your bios for any usb related settings like legacy usb or usb keyboard support?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm...

I had a Microsoft Wireless Desktop whilst on my Mac... then i moved it over to my WinXP lappy, and it worked flawlessly without any drivers....

(and if wondering, it worked fine under OS X without drivers too)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

keyboards and mice should NEVER need drivers under ANY circumstances. simply due to the fact mentioned by the OP.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and they sux. Not only do they consume batteries quickly, but they weren't built very well either. I need to get one of those new ones that have the mouse sit on a docking station to recharge when not used.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

Smiley wrote:I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and they sux. Not only do they consume batteries quickly, but they weren't built very well either. I need to get one of those new ones that have the mouse sit on a docking station to recharge when not used.
Yea they are the suxorz :roll: My last logitech wireless set just last me 5 years, and all my other computers are still using logitech peripherals without any problems. The set you're looking at is pretty much the one I used to have until the left-click button decided to die. If I can make a suggestion though, a set with a docking/charging station for the mouse is awesome, thats what my new set has.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

No idea. Just buy a cheap wired one for 2-3 bucks at a used pc store or a flea or something. Or just borrow it.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

The thing to note about wireless keyboards is 90% of the time they won't let you get into the BIOS, etc. The only type that ever work correctly in this case are the ones with hardware decoders (ie, the *really* expensive version)...

Or if you have a MAC I believe the Bluetooth ones work as well...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Sanchez wrote:The thing to note about wireless keyboards is 90% of the time they won't let you get into the BIOS, etc. The only type that ever work correctly in this case are the ones with hardware decoders (ie, the *really* expensive version)...

Or if you have a MAC I believe the Bluetooth ones work as well...
Not true. My Microsoft set works fine on all aspects of computing. It didn't even require drivers (though you need to install software for extra key/tilt wheel functionality).
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I have a wireless Microsoft desktop, and it works fine without drivers, even in the bios. Hell, I even use this keyboard on my Xbox without problems.