JUst played the HL2 demo....

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

JUst played the HL2 demo....

Post by ASCIIN »

Holy shit!!!:o that was the best demo iv ever played!!!!!
those retards who says halo2 is better need to be castrated and killed.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

now buy the game like most sane people did last year.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Whoa, you mean this topic wasn't made 9 months ago!?
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Half-Life 2 single player is sort of weak and the multiplayer leaves much to be desired. Halo 2's single player was complete garbage, but the multiplayer is really addictive. They're two totally different styled games, but whatever.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

HL2 > H2 - SP
H2 > HL2 - MP

Of course w/ HL2 you also get CS:S which is quite awesome.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

tsss, i found the hl2 demo really unimpressive in terms of game play and storyline

that said, i was even more dissapointed by halo2
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

If you're talking about the Ravenholm demo...you seriously need to play the full game. Ravenholm was my least favorite portion of the game...that and certin portions with the dune buggie.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

yup, twas the demo with the first intro level where you cant do anything but fuck around with the physics engine and get wacked with stun batons, and the ravenholm bit

i might get the full game, but as it stands the full version is still 40, the collectors ed is 60, and i dont like the whole steam idea anyway, it makes me feel like formatting my pc once i got with the demo
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

HL2 is well worth $40.

Can anyone explain to me why they dislike Steam so much? I remmber a lot of commotion about it a while ago but I never payed much attention to it.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Safety in Nimbus wrote:HL2 is well worth $40.

Can anyone explain to me why they dislike Steam so much? I remmber a lot of commotion about it a while ago but I never payed much attention to it.
Steam is so damn bad, it's like a piece of spyware. I had to uninstall the piece of shit to get my computer working correctly. Horrible.
Very sexy hero, omg
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Naked Nick wrote:

Steam is so damn bad, it's like a piece of spyware. I had to uninstall the piece of poop to get my computer working correctly. Horrible.
It is a DRM software, and one that eats 31 MB of RAM.

A side note: People complain about the 31 MB of RAM that Steams uses, but MSN messengers uses 25 MB and Yahoo Messenger almost the same... =/
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

neoak wrote:
Naked Nick wrote:

Steam is so damn bad, it's like a piece of spyware. I had to uninstall the piece of poop to get my computer working correctly. Horrible.
It is a DRM software, and one that eats 31 MB of RAM.

A side note: People complain about the 31 MB of RAM that Steams uses, but MSN messengers uses 25 MB and Yahoo Messenger almost the same... =/
One that also is set to boot when your computer starts up, does little things and alerts when you don't want it to, and is generally a pain in the ass. When I have a lot of programs running, which I generally do, Steam's antics are a pain in the ass. It's not a RAM problem (512 is plenty) it's an invasion problem. :x
Very sexy hero, omg
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Aside from being rather intrusive, it has one key problem. Which is that, on many systems, it doesn't work at all without a hell of a lot of work. I eventually got it running on my brother's system, but it took hours to get it to the point where we could actually play the HL2 demo. Wasn't worth it - HL2 just isn't that good.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

yup, i really felt i was forced to use spyware, the whole way it works, booting up at bootup, popping up, all that shit, its just like spyware

i didnt have trouble installing it, but after i DLed the demo in about 2 hours, i installed it, and then steam took an aditional hour to update, i mean WTF

and its just the general way it behaves, and the thoughts behind it, i generally dislike being forced to install anything, most times id rather just not wat real player format movies then install real player, and i also always disable autorun, to stop any stupid copy protected CD to put junk on my pc which is gonna stop me from using my own playback (and mp3 ripping) software

seriously though, i can tell you if i buy HL2, ill play the SP for a few days, get tired of it, then within a week ill become so goddamn anoyed with steam that ill just uninstall the entire thing, hell, if i even have the idea something was left behind i could even do a full format, and never install the game again
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Weird I've had no problems w/ Steam except it won't connect my friends list but I read that a lot of people experience that.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The benefits of Steam far outway the negatives, I genuinely don't know what peoples problem with it is other than friends list barely ever working and (most relevantly I believe) it is different to other ways of installing games.

If you need me to explain why it is better than the usual PC crap of installing a game to take up a few gigs of HDD AND then forcing you to find the 'play CD' and also forcing you to go hunting around the internet or signing up to various different download site just to get the latest patch search my posts for Steam because I've postd on many different occasions why its good
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Steam is weird like that. It tends to either work perfectly, or really badly. I've seen it do both.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

For those complaining about it being like spyware, have you heard of disabling autorun? You can also disable it from downloading new stuff automaticly.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Egotistical EvilN wrote:For those complaining about it being like spyware, have you heard of disabling autorun? You can also disable it from downloading new stuff automaticly.
then what is the point? the only benefit i can find is it auto updating the system when a new patch is out

honestly, i prefer finding patches and such myself, i like to know exactly what happens with my system, i dont like the idea of steam just doing whatever it wants

i also shut off windows update on my main box, i dont want that stupid excuse for an updater to do useless work, im not gonna go with SP2 anyway
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Naked Nick wrote:One that also is set to boot when your computer starts up, does little things and alerts when you don't want it to, and is generally a pain in the ass. When I have a lot of programs running, which I generally do, Steam's antics are a pain in the ass. It's not a RAM problem (512 is plenty) it's an invasion problem. :x
You can set it to not boot up when you start windows you know, most of us here have probably got it set like that. Fire it up form time to time to check for updates, close it when not wanting to use it & so forth. I used to be very against steam myself as those that frequented the once regular games of NS will know, I think many of them were against it a bit as well, in the early days the common cry of the steam user was 'Bring back WON'. These days though they seem to have it sorted out, apart form the friends list of course which I seriously doubt theyll ever bother to fix, so its a rather nice thing these days & surprisingly to us that tried it early on pretty stable. With Prey & the new Sin going on it as well anyone thats interested in them that doesnt like steam is pretty screwed
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers