Name your toughest RPG bosses in the main quest

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Name your toughest RPG bosses in the main quest

Post by abydos1000 »

Probably has been an old thread on this, but what the heck...

Subjective subject. What were some of your toughest RPG bosses in the main quest (I know some optional ones are a very hard). Names escape me at the moment, but mine include:

1. final boss in Xenogears
2. Gheleon from LSS (PS1 port...the one before Luna Without a certain object which you could not go back and get, you were screwed).
3. Final boss of Vagrant Story
4. Luther from Star Ocean till the end of time
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

final boss of Star Ocean 2: second story

i have yet to beat him....i finally just put down the controller and walked away, never to touch it again :(
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

The Naughty Sorceress in Kingdom of Loathing.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I guess that would be the boss in the lunatic thing from Final Fantasy 8. It was the one that absorbed Rinoa. I swear I had to use game shark and even then it was a hard battle. I hear from serveral peopel that if you got into that dumb card game it made FF8 super easy. But I had a time with that boss.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

wes1406 wrote:final boss of Star Ocean 2: second story

i have yet to beat him....i finally just put down the controller and walked away, never to touch it again :(
Really? I thought he was easy. I just put two atlas rings on Claude and used his combo killer move thing, the one that airlifts enemies. Both Claude and Ashton did that, so he just kept getting juggled (with Claude doing close to 9999 every hit) and he died pretty quick.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

one of my friends found that robot by the submarine in FFVII hard - and it was a bit
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I always thought that the final boss in Kingdom Hearts was hard. I mean, damn, he had to have the most form of any boss I ever seen.

I also thought that the final boss in Final Fantasy X was hard if you didn't have a strategy guide. Some of the stuff in that game was impossible to find, and most of it was needed to beat that final boss. You had to break 9999 with your hits, or else you didn't have much of a chance. I mean, seriously, could you find and power up any Legendary Weapons without a guide telling you what to do?
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Lavos Chrono Trigger. He had like 3 different forms and if that didn't take a lot out of you then your good at conserving your mana & hp
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Lartrak wrote:

Really? I thought he was easy. I just put two atlas rings on Claude and used his combo killer move thing, the one that airlifts enemies. Both Claude and Ashton did that, so he just kept getting juggled (with Claude doing close to 9999 every hit) and he died pretty quick.
Was the limiter on or off? I know that when it's off, he's very difficult.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Chrono Trigger - Lavos via The Black Omen
World Of Warcraft - Ragnaros. My guild still cant take down this this bastard.
Final Fantasy Tactics - I had the most trouble with Wiegraf.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

melancholy wrote:I always thought that the final boss in Kingdom Hearts was hard. I mean, damn, he had to have the most form of any boss I ever seen.

I also thought that the final boss in Final Fantasy X was hard if you didn't have a strategy guide. Some of the stuff in that game was impossible to find, and most of it was needed to beat that final boss. You had to break 9999 with your hits, or else you didn't have much of a chance. I mean, seriously, could you find and power up any Legendary Weapons without a guide telling you what to do?
He was hard for you? The 2 bosses in my recent memory were in FFX, one being that chick you fight I think in one of the trials, think she was big and had this medusa look to her. Everytime I was close in beating her she would do this attack that would kill me, same goes for that other guy that tries picking up on Yuna. Where you fight him in the snow, same thing he would kill off all my summons with one hit.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

melancholy wrote:I always thought that the final boss in Kingdom Hearts was hard. I mean, damn, he had to have the most form of any boss I ever seen.

I was okay with the boss from KH, but I had leveled up a lot (I was between jobs so I had a lot of time on my hands).

Yuna was one character I did have the Legendary weapon for. There were a couple of other things I accidently stumbled across for her; this was so long ago, but I really played the sphere grid with her so she knew all of the white magic spells, almost all of the big black magic ones, and some of the important ones for fighting. Basically, I used her to finish the game. You are right though...if you didn't have at least one or two characters with uber powers, I could see how the ending could be painful.
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

Lartrak wrote:

-orbo- wrote:Was the limiter on or off? I know that when it's off, he's very difficult.
well, i had unintentionally took off the "power block" that kept his power in check, so he wiped the floor with me EVERY TIME!

:x

ah well, lately i have been wanting to pick it back up.

i need to get a ps2 or a working psx now
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Godfearing greay wrote:The Naughty Sorceress in Kingdom of Loathing.
YES
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Luska so far from Coh. Not really main quest. bt it's hard to ignore a squid hte size of a city
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

The last boss on Secret of Mana. Just about any level on Ogre Battle and the Ruby(?) Weapon on FF VII