Anyone watching F1 now?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Prophet][ »

Those charges are full of crap. The teams did notify the FIA they would not race 45min before the race started, just not personally. Damaging the image of F1 can happen with any rule breakage so you shouldn't really be charged with that (Stoatard wasn't charged with that in Melbourne and he did a just as bad thing). And you can't really charge a team with not willing to slow down at a corner, its racing, you go as fast as you can or come last.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

BoneyCork wrote:
Impeccable ian wrote:there is only one reason why anyone watches racing... crashes

if one of the michelan teams raced crashed imaging all the photos that would be taken

the sponsers would love it :wink:

i love crashes :lol:
No, thats just American racing, because everybody just drives in a banked oval.
oval racing is so boring :lol:

i love rally (best crashes ever!!!)
v8 supercars (aussie but there are so many smashes and and taps and hits and flips)

but when f1 cars hit each other :D
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Right now the future of F1 is being decided. And I'm not being over critical, this single day will see if F1 will survive or if the teams leave.

Early reports are sketchy as the meeting is still being held, but it looks like BAR has been banned for the rest of the season since they are on probation as it were. BAT and Honda have offically resigned from F1 as of this weekend as a result and have left the concord agreement. BAT was leaving cos of the FIA 2006 advertising rule anyway, But Honda is one of the oldest engine makers in F1. This would be a big blow for F1 if its true. This is only talk though, nothing is confermed.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

:jawdrop:
I didn't think it would get that serious
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

An offical press conference has been planned to take place in 15mins.

ITV have reported that Michelin may be excluded under current laws and the French FIA stewards could be told to enforce this. This means the 7 teams could not race in the Frence or British GP's, not because they are banned but because their tyre is, and they can't use different tyres in current law. This whole saga is about law, so it won't be changed to let them use different tyres.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

UPDATE: Minardi owner Paul Stoddart was not allowed in the FIA meeting, he has planned a meeting with the Manufactures, the GPWC and the 7 team principles at "The hotel around the corner" at 5pm local french time, which is about in an hour and a half by my time.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

if this is true, this is the end of F1!
edit:
bbc website
Teams found guilty on US fiasco
Only three teams competed in the US Grand Prix
Seven teams pulled out at Indy, leaving only three to race
The seven teams who refused to start the US Grand Prix on 19 June face have been found guilty of bringing Formula One into disrepute.

But motorsport's governing body the FIA will not decide their penalty until 14 September, it announced on Wednesday.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 631523.stm
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Yea I found this also.

The BBC have just released the following bad news.....

The teams who refused to start the US Grand Prix have been found guilty on two charges of bringing Formula One into disrepute and not guilty on three.
But motorsport's governing body the FIA will not decide their penalty until 14 September, it announced on Wednesday.

Renault, McLaren, Toyota, Williams, Red Bull, Sauber and BAR pulled out of the 19 June race after Michelin said it could not guarantee its tyres' safety.

If anyone wants to talk bout this, I'll be #dcemu for the next couple of hours
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

where did u get the bar banned for the rest of the season stuff?

i think they will just get a fine or something, FIA know they have too much to lose if they go further! they want to hold this over the teams head.

the FIA main problem is that the public are behind the team, just over 50% of people blamed the FIA for the US GP while just under 40 blamed, Michelin and 7 or less blamed the team in an ITV Poll.

also about todays hearing, just under 55% think the team are innocent

edit: itv-f1.com
Formula 1's seven Michelin-shod teams will head into this weekend's French Grand Prix uncertain of their fate after being found guilty on two counts of bringing Formula 1 into disrepute by the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris.

The FIA has announced that it has adjourned discussion of any penalty for Williams, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BAR, Red Bull and Sauber until an extraordinary meeting of the World Motorsport Council, to be held on September 14.

The seven teams were called to Paris on Wednesday to give evidence to the FIA's WMC after they withdrew en masse from the race at Indianapolis on safety grounds following a series of Michelin tyre failures over the US GP weekend.

A week of recrimination and politicking between the FIA, the teams and Michelin followed before Wednesday's hearing.

The teams were found guilty of failing to ensure that they were in possession of suitable tyres at the US Grand Prix.

It was also ruled that the teams were guilty of refusing to allow their cars to start the race because they had a right to use the pitlane on each lap.

The teams were cleared of all other charges against them.

These included refusing to race at Indy with speed restrictions at Turn 13 and combining to make a deliberate demonstration of not racing because they had the intention to race up until last minute

They were also found not guilty of failing to inform stewards not to race for the same reason.

The seven team principals were expected to hold their own press conference to give a reaction to the ruling later on Wednesday afternoon.
the pit lane idea was a joke! it would have been pure choas, and dangrous!

i think that they are only guilty of bringing the wrong tires!
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

http://www.grandprix.com
http://www.rpmlive.tv

2 very creditable sites. But they did stress it was talk. Max Mosley said he wants the teams banned in an interview a few days ago, but the FIA is about rules and they don't care about image, if they cared they would not have done some of the things they have done in past. And it doesn't matter what the public thinks, most people thought BAR were not gulity and that the penalty was too hard but the FIA still went ahead with it. The only reason I think they are waiting is cos they know the teams will leave and the GPWC will start sooner if they give a too harsh penalty now.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

its still far from over for the night. The teams are meeting, a spokeperson for the teams replied when ask will the teams compete in the French GP "I don't know, their are a lot of unhappy people". Its reported all parties are angry of being found gulity of ANY charge,
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

from bbc
He hinted that the teams would face financial penalties rather than points deductions or race bans.

"I cannot speak for the world council, but personally speaking I would be very reluctant to do anything with points unless what the person had done affected their sporting performance," Mosley said.

"It would not be appropriate to deduct points or ban people from a race. We do have ability to impose a fine and can do what we want with the money.

"We could impose fines and use that money to compensate. We said if you sort it out we will take a lenient view, if you don't sort it out, we will not take a lenient view.
Michelin has already announced plans to refund the 120,000 fans who turned up on race day at Indianapolis, as well as distribute another 20,000 tickets for the 2006 race among them.
i think that once the other 100,000 tickets are paid for (for next years race) that will be the end of it

also about bar
Mosley dismissed fears that BAR were vulnerable to a ban after being handed a suspended suspension earlier this season.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

thats a very different view Mosley has than what he said to http://www.pitpass.com a while ago.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

he said that today after the hearing
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Well overnight more news came out. 6 teams are appealing, Red Bull is looking at their options.

Bernie is staying very quiet and is said to have been organising the next US GP which will spot extra cars given to him by some of the guilty teams to be driven by no other than Danica and other indy heroes.

19 drivers have signed a petition to say the FIA was wrong in its descision

I don;t like the fact that Max really made the decissions in Indy, then pointed the finger at the teams, then brought them before the FIA and is now the judge. Bit of a Kangaroo court really. Looking at this decission i think it was made so everyone feels like a winner, in a few months time the FIA will look at what has happened, seen that its all better and most have almost forgot and let the teams off. They will look good, the teams will be happy and it will seem the FIA upheld the law and made it all better (when really it was Bernie, the teams and Mich)

Also, on a side note its interesting to see that Firestone had the same problem Mich had when doing practise for the indy 500. Their tyres were unsafe in the newly upgraded corner. They had time to fix this and it was alright. Anyone know who owns firestone? Bridgestone, the other F1 tyre maker that ended up having the only good tyre at the track.

EDIT: Found the Max quote "I wouldn't exclude a ban or two, if it emerges that the guilt of certain teams is of a certain level, then a ban will be justified. Even if I want a ban though the other 20 members have to agree."

That was from Monday.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Ugh can't they just let it go. If the teams will be out for other races nobody will watch it, ITV will be pissed and so will Bernie (Maybe it'll go back to BBC with no stupid ad breaks!)

Maybe even GoodYear will come back
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

mattthemodder wrote:Ugh can't they just let it go. If the teams will be out for other races nobody will watch it, ITV will be pissed and so will Bernie (Maybe it'll go back to BBC with no stupid ad breaks!)

Maybe even GoodYear will come back
After indy its looks more like a control tyre will be used in the seasons to come. And I can bet it won't be Mich or Goodyear that win the contract.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

mattthemodder wrote:(Maybe it'll go back to BBC with no stupid ad breaks!)
We can but wish, uniterupted coverage my arse itv
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Hawq wrote:
mattthemodder wrote:(Maybe it'll go back to BBC with no stupid ad breaks!)
We can but wish, uniterupted coverage my arse itv
At least you get it live. Be get about 4 GP's live, the rest we have to wait until 11:30pm to watch a 2-5hour delayed telecast and only IF Big Brother doesn't go overtime, which it usally does.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I like ITVs coverage. They must be pouring a lot of money into F1 because they seem to have a "we can do whatever we like and go wherever we like pass". I love the bit where they go down to the pit lane, just barging infront of all the other reporters getting all the exclusive comments.

But yeah the ads do suck.