Next Mario game will appear on Nintendo's next-gen console

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by pixel »

Wonderful Wagh wrote:
Hawq wrote:Well its always nice to meet a differant opinion I suppose & thats the first time I've met that one
lol. I think i'm the only person that thinks this.
Don't stop believin'

But seriously, wtf.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

Mario 64 is over-rated, definately. It's not crap or anything, but it has been bettered by many platformers that followed.
Very sexy hero, omg
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

einbebop44 wrote:Mario 64 is over-rated, definately. It's not crap or anything, but it has been bettered by many platformers that followed.
But how well would they have been without Mario 64? With that logic, Super Mario Bros. is a REALLY horrible game. ;)
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The only platformer that bettered Mario 64 was banjo kazooie...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

einbebop44 wrote:Mario 64 is over-rated, definately. It's not crap or anything, but it has been bettered by many platformers that followed.
No, No, Mario 64 set the standard for all other 3d platformers. And Super Mario Sunshine, imo, is better than mario 64. The reason that SMS didn't do as well was cause they had dons so well with 64 that nothing they did with a sequel could match its awesomeness!!!

Nintendo needs to shed their childish image with the revo, even though those game sell. Maybe Nintendo should start fresh with a new company mascot. I mean, how many times can you rebadge the same old mario stuff til the fan boys get bored with it?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The reasons why I didnt like sunshine too much was because:

1) I thought the level design was complete crap, and some of them were just too similar.

2) I didnt see the point in that water backpack thing. It added something to the game that wasnt needed, it completely destroyed one of platformings key gameplay elements (accuracy in jumping, because you could hover and correct yourself) and to top it off, they gave it a really annoying voice.

2.5) Nintendo addressed point 2 by introducing those sections that were meant to be like clasic mario. It annoys me that Nintendo made these sections such a small part of the game, and tried something different for the main game instead. If it aint broken dont fix it.

3) Collecting all those shines was ridiculously repetitive. I cant believe on some levels they expeted you to fight the same boss twice, sometimes with completely no variation or even change in difficulty. (That octopus thing on the harbour level springs to mind)

And yes, I do agree Nintendo are overusing Mario these days. Everybody keeps going on about how Nintendo are the only innovative company left in the industry etc. etc. even though they churn our mario golf, party, kart and tennis games which are hardly different from one another.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

It is true that Nintendo has pimped mario every given chance, which is why I gather that once mario fan boyz are sick of him. One thing that Nintendo did do right with the Mario games was Super Mario All-Stars; it is pretty bad that this compilation game is still one of the best. Unlike most who just repackaged their old games for quick sale, Nintendo actually improved upon the classic mario with improved graphics and such. More companies should take a lesson from the success of all-stars and do this in the future...
gamer2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamer2 »

Ok Nintendo hasnt been on top sence the 8-bit era the Genesis beat them in the 16-bit era and sence the N64 was so hard for programmers to program for they had lost thier 3rd party support. Now that the Gamecube is concidered Inferrior to Ps2 and Xbox (xbox being the one that has the highest processor so it can develop more polygons) it has lost the 128-bit era. Now Nintendo needs to get rare back in thier bed also Squarenix like in the good ol days of the NES and Shed that Kiddie image and put games like God of War, and a VERY GORY ZELDA title on thier. Surprisingly the Weaker systsems win the console wars

Nes>master System
SNES<Genesis
Saturn<Playstation
Playstation>N64
Dreamcast<Ps2 (the Dreamcast had better graphics from the get go Sony is now getting up to DC quality)
PS2>Xbox
Ps2>Gamecube
Xbox>gamecube (ok rule breaker)
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Nintendo was very much successful with the snes during the 16-bit era.....
And the 64 didn;t lose third party support cause it was hard to program for, that was the saturn. It lost support cause the cart format was not only costly, it also severly limited space. Especially with rpgs. which imo, was why Square forsake Nintendo during that era.

With the cube, it would prolly have matched the other consoles in term of power, but since it lacks major third party support, we'll never know if Sony's or x-box killer app could have been done on the cube. I will mention that imo, the cube version of re4 will be substantially better than the one for the ps2, if it ever is released. The cube's major weakness is in fact its third party support, but that's mostly cause for the most pat only Nintendo's titles are selling, and cause of lack of online games. Thus, most mutl-platformed titles for the cube are being scrapped for more profitable consoles....

I agree that Nintendo needs to shed their childish image, but for the most part, with the exceptionof the millionth rebaged pokemon title, they sell. Or at least in their eyes. As for the more mature Link game, that is more than likely what the last Zelda game for the cube will be. I doubt they will make it bloody, though. That would be like Mario using guns and shooting up hookers!!!
gamer2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamer2 »

the good thing is that they have been geting thier third party support back little by little, and i think the Genesis won the 16-bit race becouse well in my area you were concidered poor, gay, retarded, etc if you did not own a Sega Genesis and any sonic game or Mortal kombat