Former Bush Admin Economist Says WTC Collapse 'Bogus'

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Former Bush Admin Economist Says WTC Collapse 'Bogus'

Post by AuroEdge »

A former Bush team member during his first administration is now voicing serious doubts about the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9-11. Former chief economist for the Department of Labor during President George W. Bush's first term Morgan Reynolds comments that the official story about the collapse of the WTC is "bogus" and that it is more likely that a controlled demolition destroyed the Twin Towers and adjacent Building No. 7.

Reynolds, who also served as director of the Criminal Justice Center at the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas and is now professor emeritus at Texas A&M University said, "If demolition destroyed three steel skyscrapers at the World Trade Center on 9/11, then the case for an 'inside job' and a government attack on America would be compelling." Reynolds commented from his Texas A&M office, "It is hard to exaggerate the importance of a scientific debate over the cause of the collapse of the twin towers and building 7. If the official wisdom on the collapses is wrong, as I believe it is, then policy based on such erroneous engineering analysis is not likely to be correct either. The government's collapse theory is highly vulnerable on its own terms. Only professional demolition appears to account for the full range of facts associated with the collapse of the three buildings."

Read Article Here
-------------------------------------

"I've been sayin' it for ten damn years haven't I Migel?"
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

He is a economist. What qualifies him to speak on this? This is like taking diet advice from eviln.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

And the fact that a large aircraft collided with each building had nothing to do with it? What an idiot.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Maybe he was thinking of the fact the wtc was designed to survive being hit by a plane? (of course this was a good many years before the bigass planes we have these days). Of course it was a fairly neat straight down collapse thats normally associated with a controlled demolition but it was found in investigations that the fire weakened the structure ion the same way a demolition team would have to ensure a neat collapse (I remember it from a documentary on it & various demolitions I've seen on tv where they take out some internal supporting bits first for control)
Of course the thing thats not in doubt is that it was a fundraiser, they knew what was planned & did nothing so they could get a bigger budget for the following year.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Hawq wrote:Maybe he was thinking of the fact the wtc was designed to survive being hit by a plane? (of course this was a good many years before the bigass planes we have these days). Of course it was a fairly neat straight down collapse thats normally associated with a controlled demolition but it was found in investigations that the fire weakened the structure ion the same way a demolition team would have to ensure a neat collapse (I remember it from a documentary on it & various demolitions I've seen on tv where they take out some internal supporting bits first for control)
Of course the thing thats not in doubt is that it was a fundraiser, they knew what was planned & did nothing so they could get a bigger budget for the following year.
The WTC towers were built in the early 1970s. If memory serves me correctly the first B747 Jumbo Jet was built in 1970, which is bigger than the planes that struck the WTC towers. I don't claim to know what happened to the towers, but it was not as stated. The towers were huge. You would have to see them in real life to really see just how big they were. I just don't believe the planes hitting over halfway up the towers would make the whole thing collapse and on top of that building #7 as well. Oh well...
Last edited by AuroEdge on Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

SuperMegatron wrote:He is a economist. What qualifies him to speak on this? This is like taking diet advice from eviln.
or taking legal advice from you.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

AuroEdge wrote:
Hawq wrote:Maybe he was thinking of the fact the wtc was designed to survive being hit by a plane? (of course this was a good many years before the bigass planes we have these days). Of course it was a fairly neat straight down collapse thats normally associated with a controlled demolition but it was found in investigations that the fire weakened the structure ion the same way a demolition team would have to ensure a neat collapse (I remember it from a documentary on it & various demolitions I've seen on tv where they take out some internal supporting bits first for control)
The WTC towers were built in the early 1970s. If memory serves me correctly the first B747 Jumbo Jet was built in 1970, which is bigger than the planes that struck the WTC towers. I don't claim to know what happened to the towers, but it was not as stated. The towers were huge. You would have to see them in real life to really see just how big they were. I just don't believe the planes hitting over halfway up the towers would make the whole thing collapse and on top of that building #7 as well. Oh well...
Well the speed had some part to paly as well, I forget the exact details of what size plane they were designed to survive, obviously not the ones that hit em or the ones that hit em at the speed they did
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I still don't see how anybody could think that they fell neatly. Controlled implosions collapse inward. The WTC collapse was more of a "flower" effect of sorts, with metal and shards shooting far outward.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

They were designed to be able to withstand being hit by small passenger planes like (sp) sezna's (sp). They were talking to the engineer on the news and thats what he was saying anyway. This guy is a fucking jackass, and that all there is to it really. .
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

AuroEdge wrote:The WTC towers were built in the early 1970s. If memory serves me correctly the first B747 Jumbo Jet was built in 1970, which is bigger than the planes that struck the WTC towers. I don't claim to know what happened to the towers, but it was not as stated. The towers were huge. You would have to see them in real life to really see just how big they were. I just don't believe the planes hitting over halfway up the towers would make the whole thing collapse and on top of that building #7 as well. Oh well...
The buildings did survive the impact. Quite well, too. What happened was the heat from thousands of gallons of burning jet fuel melted the steel supports.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

arrowhead wrote:They were designed to be able to withstand being hit by small passenger planes like (sp) sezna's (sp). They were talking to the engineer on the news and thats what he was saying anyway. This guy is a fudging jackass, and that all there is to it really. .
Uh, no. They had one of the engineers on an interview say that they would survive being hit by a full loaded jetliner.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

SuperMegatron wrote:He is a economist. What qualifies him to speak on this? This is like taking diet advice from eviln.
He might have overheard something.

and..I has lost 23 pounds, bitch.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

<--steel detailer
Those buildings were lucky they didn't fall from the original impact with how much stress those beams already had on there. Take the broken concrete and the fire burning that hot theres no way they could have survived that. Now I won't even go into how inferior steel from the 70's is, but it's pretty bad.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

EvilN wrote:..I has lost 23 pounds, bitch.
:lol: Greatest eviln quote ever
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Random_Troll wrote:
or taking legal advice from you.

2 great zingers.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Flaccid FETUS wrote:<--steel detailer
Those buildings were lucky they didn't fall from the original impact with how much stress those beams already had on there. Take the broken concrete and the fire burning that hot theres no way they could have survived that. Now I won't even go into how inferior steel from the 70's is, but it's pretty bad.
While I would trust a steel detailer to know more about this than an economist, I would not trust a steel detailer over the head engineer of the WTC project on the dynamics of the WTC collapse.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Economists are generally intelligent folk, and this particular one worked for Bush. He also "served as director of the Criminal Justice Center at the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas and is now professor emeritus at Texas A&M University." So his credibility shouldn't really be an issue.

There's some very considerable evidence that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by the US government. They're certainly capable of it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

And here's a flash animation that raised questions on the subject and links to more reading:
http://tfyqa.com/images/pentagon.swf

EDIT: This place has more information relevant to this topic (somewhat technical at times), the other two are interesting, though:
http://physics911.ca
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

It was CGI
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

jaredfogle wrote:Economists are generally intelligent folk, and this particular one worked for Bush. He also "served as director of the Criminal Justice Center at the National Center for Policy Analysis in Dallas and is now professor emeritus at Texas A&M University." So his credibility shouldn't really be an issue.

There's some very considerable evidence that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by the US government. They're certainly capable of it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

And here's a flash animation that raised questions on the subject and links to more reading:
http://tfyqa.com/images/pentagon.swf

EDIT: This place has more information relevant to this topic (somewhat technical at times), the other two are interesting, though:
http://physics911.ca

Oh shut up.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

CoasterKing wrote:It was CGI
lmao :lol: