gta sa (rant) (AND SPOILERS) (MARK ALL SPOILERS)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by |darc| »

mariobro wrote:So you can't really have Journey songs on it.
But you can Lynyrd Skynyrd?
It's thinking...
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CoasterKing »

I've been playing this quite a lot and while the world is fantastic and varied, it's marred by the same bloody bugs that have been there since GTA3. It's totally unacceptable! the graphics don't seem improved at all either. And don't get me started on the botch job Rockstar have done with the Xbox controls which I can't even customise! :roll: I do actually like the game but this will be the last GTA I buy until lazy Rockstar sort out the control and targetting issues etc.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

CoasterKing wrote:I do actually like the game but this will be the last GTA I buy until lazy Rockstar sort out the control and targetting issues etc.
i get ya :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

I got it for Xbox and heres my take on it.

Music: Yea, i'm not a fan of the gangsta rap, but Radio X and K-DST are 2 damn good stations. Plus if those become tiresome I always have the custom soundtrack to fall back on. I did flip through some of the rap/R&B stations and I heard some ok songs, but I mainly stick to the 3 I mentioned.

Graphics: Meh, thats about it. The game gets bigger and bigger with each rendetion, yet the graphics only marginally improve. Draw distance is a problem on the xbox as well, I was doing the Mu Wu Gizah (or whatever the asian guy you race in the woods is called) mission, and while driving through a barn I had a stack of crates magically appear in front of me as I exited the barn. Frustrating at points but has only happened twice in the time I've played the game.

Controls: For the most part they're great, absolutely no problems. However, there are just some things that are a little funky to do on an xbox controller. For example to do a drive by you need to hold thr R-trigger to drive, hit white or black to see left or right, and hit A to fire. Thats just too many buttons on one side of the controller, and I just can't pull it off. I don't remember it being that hard in Vice City, however I did play that on PS2.

Overall: I'd give it a solid B/8 out of 10/***1/2 stars take your pick. Its still fun as hell to go around shooting crap and beating up hookers, and *SPOILER* taking over gang teritorries is wicked fun too *END SPOILER* I just hope with the next generation of systems Rockstar ups the graphics, not so everything is uber realistic or anything because that would ruin the charm of the game, but make things less polygon-ish.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

DCFan2004 wrote: Overall: I'd give it a solid B/8 out of 10
out of 100% i'd give it 79
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

For GTA surely 69 would be more appropiate, especially if 'that' mod is installed :lol:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I don't know what it is but I can't seem to get in the groove with this game like GTA3 and Vice City. It's just got that been there done that feel. I just left Los Santos and I'm not really interested in playing anymore
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

well now i've done the story missions i'm exploring the map

but the biggest shit: our hood is under attack :(

i just drive a car up to them and when it catches fire bail out it rolls into them and they all die so fast lol :lol:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

GRRRRRRRRRR stupid low rider crap! I was wondering why I kept failing. It said use second stick to control hydrolics. Hmm... my logitech wingman has 9 buttons, a dpad and a stick. NO 2ND STICK!

Turns out I could use the num pad. :lol: Didn't find out until 5 tries later. :x
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Impeccable ian wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:I do actually like the game but this will be the last GTA I buy until lazy Rockstar sort out the control and targetting issues etc.
i get ya :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
:twisted:

I of course meant to say "play"