New Xbox 360 Video, Game = Prey.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
User avatar
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Anywhere
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

New Xbox 360 Video, Game = Prey.

Post by AuroEdge » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... 060305.asx
It's about 11? minutes long. I haven't played that many games on the former next gen. consoles (Xbox & GC) but it looks like the GFX are awesome.
Image
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
User avatar
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by HomerCIDAL » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 am

Been watching that one for a while for PC and yes it does look good!
User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:43 am

Any particular reason you mention it as an xbox 360 game in the topic, then link to a video of the PC version?
Image
User avatar
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Anywhere
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by AuroEdge » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:15 am

Dr Wily wrote:Any particular reason you mention it as an xbox 360 game in the topic, then link to a video of the PC version?
I swore the site said it was for the Xbox 360! And... it is. Hmm?
Image
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: New Xbox 360 Video, Game = Prey.

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:21 am

AuroEdge wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... prey_[i]pc[/i][/b]_om1_060305.asx
Just because a game is coming out on a given platform doesn't mean the high res uber-powerhouse PC video is showing code running on that platform...

EDIT:
I can understand your confusion that Gamespot would link a totally unrelated video of an entirely different platforms code to a news post regarding the xbox360, but really, do you honestly think that is Xbox360 code?

Whatever happened to people being media savvy :?
Image
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: New Xbox 360 Video, Game = Prey.

Post by pixel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:45 am

Honest mistakes should never happen.
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5736
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: New Xbox 360 Video, Game = Prey.

Post by Wagh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:11 pm

Pixelated pixel wrote:Honest mistakes should never happen.
Exactly. DCEMU = PERFECTION
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:23 pm

PR fluff pieces to intentionally mislead a gaming sites audience aren't honest mistakes.
Image
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5736
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Wagh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:26 pm

Dr Wily wrote:PR fluff pieces to intentionally mislead a gaming sites audience aren't honest mistakes.
DCEMU = PERFECTION


It was an honest mistake on HIS part.

Jeez.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Post by pixel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:31 pm

I will agree, Gamespot is the great satan.
User avatar
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Right where I can see ya ;)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Lunchbox » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:03 pm

THE EVIL WESTERN MEDIA IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!11one!!
Image
User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7390
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 am

Well you say that to try and mock me, but theres been a few times you've come on here spouting fanboy bollocks and recycled IGN opinions like some corporate drone without any critical or analytical abilities of your own.

I guess an opinion about something that MS sold to IGN on your behalf is better than no opinion at all, or an opinion based on your own observations or facts, right?

Jesus, and you'll be elligible to vote someday too

:x
Image
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Post by pixel » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:15 am

You don't seem to understand. I know that Gamespot/IGN are absolute crud. We're just cranky about that AuroEdge made an honest mistake and got burned for it.
Last edited by pixel on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
Posts: 2285
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:37 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Strapping Scherzo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:18 am

Why can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Post by pixel » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:20 am

scherzo wrote:Why can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:
NO

flame... flame... FLAME!! ARRRRRRRRRRGH!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by gamedudex2 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:26 am

its time for a classic ecw fan chant

"YOU FUkED! UP ,YOU FUKED UP!, YOU FUKED UP!"
bizzle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by bizzle » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:30 am

IGN and Gamestop both rock. They offer the best unbiased reviews on cutting-edge games and game systems.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:11 am
Location: United States
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nick » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:44 am

Xylene wrote:IGN and Gamestop both rock. They offer the best unbiased reviews on cutting-edge games and game systems.
Christian Game Reviews is the best by far. IGN and Gamespot are nublets in comparison.
Very sexy hero, omg
User avatar
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Right where I can see ya ;)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Lunchbox » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:12 pm

Dr Wily wrote:Well you say that to try and mock me, but theres been a few times you've come on here spouting fanboy bollocks and recycled IGN opinions like some corporate drone without any critical or analytical abilities of your own.

I guess an opinion about something that MS sold to IGN on your behalf is better than no opinion at all, or an opinion based on your own observations or facts, right?

Jesus, and you'll be elligible to vote someday too

:x

I don't sit back and accept everything IGN has to say. Anything I've posted here from their site I agreed with 100% (like that Jade Empire review a few months back, it truly was a great game worthy of that score IMO), but there have been many things I don't agree with (for example, their Dai Senryaku VII review a month or two back). A few of my opinions mesh with what IGN has to say and all of a sudden i'm a corporate whore and I don't have my own observations and opinions? You've come up with said conclusion based on my agreement with IGN on a few topics?

Just because I posted a few links from their site doesn't mean I take everything they write as pure gold. The only part of IGN I go to where I always follow what they say would be Head-To-Head, only because facts are facts, theres no opinions there. I don't need to experience first hand and form an opinion on which version of a game has the better framerate and quicker load times.

But no, its IGN and they must be in MS's pocket because you don't agree with them, thus nothing they say can be trusted and I'm a fanboy for even reading that site. Even with that Revoultion HD thing, I'm sure you wouldn't have had a pickle up your ass about it if I had posted a link to some obscure UK gaming site instead of IGN reporting the same damn thing.
Image
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5736
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Wagh » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:23 pm

Pixelated pixel wrote:You don't seem to understand. I know that Gamespot/IGN are absolute crud. We're just cranky about that AuroEdge made an honest mistake and got burned for it.
He never will.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Post Reply