What games are you currently playing?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
User avatar
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:52 am
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by OldSkoolGamer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:31 am

Luriden wrote:I'm often tempted to buy whatever games I see on sale, thus I'm left with a huge pile of games that I won't get around to playing for awhile. Just say no to impulse buying.
I used to be the same way. My list of games that I own but haven't played through used to get huge when large clearances went on.

Out of your "to be played" list I recommend ICO (PS2). It's such a beautiful game, and would be in my top 5 favorite PS2 games if I actually bothered to make a list of those things. The spiritual sequel is coming out soon as well.

DCFan2004 wrote:Mainly Halo 2, but as of late I just reinstalled Diablo2 with the LoD expansion pack. It's weird every summer I get back into that game with my friend and then when school starts I just stop playing it.
I think I finally quit the D2 addiction. I got tired of waiting for the ladder season to end so I could get my hands on the newer runewords that were fully revealed around December. If you play ladder there are builds using the new runewords so you'll have more build choices that last summer.

As for myself I've mostly been playing the Beast of Rage Collection 2 (DC).
Other than that Castlevania: CotM (GBA)
Image
User avatar
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Waiting in the sky
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by AgentGreen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am

City of Heroes... Lots and lots of City of Heroes...
Image
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:48 pm
Location: Watching Anna Ohura Posts: ????
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by -Azathoth- » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:25 am

Battlegrounds for World of Warcraft goes live today. (patch 1.5)

btw, my guild just killed Onyxia for the first time last night. we're currently working on a strat for Ragnaros. Got him down to about 35% now.

(god im such a geek) Anyways pick up WoW, very good MMO.

edit-

my moment of geekdom glory -

http://img298.echo.cx/my.php?image=boss7ze.jpg
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Image
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:45 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by CoasterKing » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:41 pm

On PC:
Image

On Gamecube:
Nothing right now.

On Xbox:
Image
Image
Image

On GBA:
Image
Image
Image
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:38 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment here
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Orange_Ribbon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:45 pm

Mark of Kri

I just finnished Onimusha 3 and God of War.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sir Savant » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:28 pm

The original Pikmin
Slugfest 2003 for GC (I hate baseball games, but the damn cpu keeps winning :x )
JSRF
Halo
FF 4. I cant ever finish it. I keep forgetting where I am.
All those minigames on the Datel Advance Port thing.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak
Posts: 3246
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2001 3:45 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by sixteen-bit » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:00 pm

Skynet wrote:Typing of the Dead - PC demo.

It might just be the best game ever. :guffaw:
Damn right :lol:
Shame it was never released here.

I'm currently not playing much but I'll pick up my copy of Otogi (xbox) and play through a few levels every so often.

lolcasualgamerlol
User avatar
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by HomerCIDAL » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:48 pm

Sonic Adventure (1 and 2) while waiting for my copies of Rez and Guilty Gear X to arrive.
User avatar
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:03 am
Location: Kogane-Cho
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Eckostyle » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:35 pm

-Azathoth- wrote:Battlegrounds for World of Warcraft goes live today. (patch 1.5)

btw, my guild just killed Onyxia for the first time last night. we're currently working on a strat for Ragnaros. Got him down to about 35% now.

(god im such a geek) Anyways pick up WoW, very good MMO.

edit-

my moment of geekdom glory -

http://img298.echo.cx/my.php?image=boss7ze.jpg
Whats your PvP rank now?
User avatar
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:56 pm
Location: Canada
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Caboose » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:53 pm

Sonic Adventures 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Also counter-strike for PC as well as The Specialists (Half-Life mod). Games I have yet to play include:

Dreamcast-
Shenmue
Soul Calibur
Hydro Thunder
Capcom vs SNK
Typing of the dead
Time Stalkers
Evolution

PC-
Max Payne 2

Xbox-
Splinter Cell
KOTOR
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Sould Calibur 2
Doom 3
Burnout 3 (well, more like just finish it. I play it on and off.)
Midnight Club 2
Psi Ops

I have to stop getting games (except for the Dreamcast) until I beat the ones i have now lol.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Posts: 9103
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:00 am
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jeeba Jabba » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:06 pm

Image
Image
Image
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:48 pm
Location: Watching Anna Ohura Posts: ????
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by -Azathoth- » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:25 am

Eckostyle wrote:
-Azathoth- wrote:Battlegrounds for World of Warcraft goes live today. (patch 1.5)

btw, my guild just killed Onyxia for the first time last night. we're currently working on a strat for Ragnaros. Got him down to about 35% now.

(god im such a geek) Anyways pick up WoW, very good MMO.

edit-

my moment of geekdom glory -

http://img298.echo.cx/my.php?image=boss7ze.jpg
Whats your PvP rank now?
I havent been PvPing a lot, mainly because my class isnt really set up for it, but with Battleground going live my class can really stack up the honor kills since I can AoE more specifically for maximum kills. I'm currently a first sergeant, with over 1500 HK. If you can believe it the guy with the most kills on our server has over 17000....
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Image
User avatar
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 7:05 pm
Location: California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Klonoa » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Finished MGS3:Snake Eater over the weekend truly awesome definitely going for seconds! But yeah right now I'm playing Doom 3 on the Xbox.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2001 12:40 am
Location: Connecticut
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by XPoGoX » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:30 pm

Counter strike
World of Warcraft
User avatar
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:03 am
Location: Kogane-Cho
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Eckostyle » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:17 pm

-Azathoth- wrote:I havent been PvPing a lot, mainly because my class isnt really set up for it, but with Battleground going live my class can really stack up the honor kills since I can AoE more specifically for maximum kills. I'm currently a first sergeant, with over 1500 HK. If you can believe it the guy with the most kills on our server has over 17000....
I believe it, our 3 main gulild rogues have 16000+ kills, and we just got a brand new batch of Rank 10's on the server on Tuesday. I need to catch up myself; I'm a 60 dagger rogue, and I just dropped doing PvE last week, running instances for stuff I need that NEVER drops is tedious and became a waste of time. The only PvE I do now is farming Rend Blackhand in UBRS for the Felstriker(It procs, I win), and running MC with my guild once or twice a week with my guild, out of duty.

Right now, Im Master Sarge(Rank 4) with over 420 kills, a small chunk of that from doing BG's yesterday night. BG's is fun if you love killing Horde/Alliance, but dont rely on it to rank up, you get VERY little contribution points if you raid(I got 77 kills in BG's, and the amount of CP's I got was marginally lower than the 92 kills I scored last week), which you have to do in BG's, since going Rambo is a bad idea, and the quests require you to down those hard as hell boss spawns. Remember, your rank depends on your Contribution Points, not your kill count. There are lots of people on my server that have 1000+ kills and are only Corporals or Seargants, cause all they do is raid-group PvP. If you want to rank up, best thing to do is do 2-5 man, or go Rambo.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Luriden » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:43 pm

Beat MGS3 yesterday, and started Ico. A little too slow and boring for my tastes, and I'm close to halfway done already. I'm hoping the story will pick up soon. As of now it's just another puzzle game but with a horrid fighting system.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: your mom's room
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by MKE » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:17 pm

im playin forza motorsport for xbox...ps2 none, gc none, i wanna beat this game.

but lol, im only 30% done with arcade, 15.9% done with career, and i havent touched live yet...
Image
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
User avatar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Posts: 10966
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:34 am
Location: Indiana
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by melancholy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:43 pm

Luriden wrote:Beat MGS3 yesterday, and started Ico. A little too slow and boring for my tastes, and I'm close to halfway done already. I'm hoping the story will pick up soon. As of now it's just another puzzle game but with a horrid fighting system.
The story picks up slightly, but it's main purpose back in the day was to show off what next-gen hardware could do. It was amazing then, and is still nice now. But at heart, it's still just a puzzle game, only with much more thought put into it. I loved it mainly because I love slow thinking games.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:48 pm
Location: Watching Anna Ohura Posts: ????
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by -Azathoth- » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:55 am

Eckostyle wrote:
-Azathoth- wrote:I havent been PvPing a lot, mainly because my class isnt really set up for it, but with Battleground going live my class can really stack up the honor kills since I can AoE more specifically for maximum kills. I'm currently a first sergeant, with over 1500 HK. If you can believe it the guy with the most kills on our server has over 17000....
I believe it, our 3 main gulild rogues have 16000+ kills, and we just got a brand new batch of Rank 10's on the server on Tuesday. I need to catch up myself; I'm a 60 dagger rogue, and I just dropped doing PvE last week, running instances for stuff I need that NEVER drops is tedious and became a waste of time. The only PvE I do now is farming Rend Blackhand in UBRS for the Felstriker(It procs, I win), and running MC with my guild once or twice a week with my guild, out of duty.

Right now, Im Master Sarge(Rank 4) with over 420 kills, a small chunk of that from doing BG's yesterday night. BG's is fun if you love killing Horde/Alliance, but dont rely on it to rank up, you get VERY little contribution points if you raid(I got 77 kills in BG's, and the amount of CP's I got was marginally lower than the 92 kills I scored last week), which you have to do in BG's, since going Rambo is a bad idea, and the quests require you to down those hard as hell boss spawns. Remember, your rank depends on your Contribution Points, not your kill count. There are lots of people on my server that have 1000+ kills and are only Corporals or Seargants, cause all they do is raid-group PvP. If you want to rank up, best thing to do is do 2-5 man, or go Rambo.
Ah, I see the problem. You're a Rogue. :lol:

My guild is pure hardcore PvE Raiding, we had a joint PvP guild but we split with them since the majority of them were assclowns. We still BG together, and quite a few of us have top rank PvP titles, but for the most part we raid non stop and it has paid off for us very well. We also have the server monopoly on Kazzak so literally every single one of our many Rogues have a single or dual epic weapons mostly Empyrean Demolishers, Felstriker or most recently Vis'kag the Bloodletter from Onyxia. I myself am wearing about 4 epics all from MC.

As far as Azuregos is concerned...meh. No one bothers with him since he's such a long drawn out fight. (we dont use the exploit either) I heard he got his loot tables updated though...
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Image
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:47 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by mattcky666 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:40 am

MKE wrote:im playin forza motorsport for xbox...ps2 none, gc none, i wanna beat this game.

but lol, im only 30% done with arcade, 15.9% done with career, and i havent touched live yet...
ive only gone through half the races on amateur and most on thr A-B tracks, no arcade, no xb live

thing is i got exams until the 28th! and physics tomorrow
Image
Post Reply