Past VS Present

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Wich games do you like better oldschool or new games?

Oldschool
88%
New games
13%

Total votes: 24
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by StriderXg2 »

tekkaman1 wrote:
And about the music I love to put my Sega CD games on a CD player because the music was great. SONIC BOOM :lol:
yeah, the earthworm jim soundtrack rocks. So does Snatcher.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

There was about the same amount of craptastic games in the past aswell.. just back then, crappy games werent super hyped...
I prefer the past, as i didnt have any shitty games for my sega, but about 5 of my ps2 games, i shoudnt have bought...
Or its just that i have made more mistakes buying games now...
both generations are good, as long as you can tell what games are good and what are bad...
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

StriderXg2 wrote:
tekkaman1 wrote:
And about the music I love to put my Sega CD games on a CD player because the music was great. SONIC BOOM :lol:
yeah, the earthworm jim soundtrack rocks. So does Snatcher.
Lunar too.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I really like the music from CD-cart days. what happend to them really good tunes. I will name some I like

WolfChild - Stage 1 and 2 - Sega CD
Gods - Ending - SNES
Gunstar heroes - Theme of green and ending - Sega Genesis
Shatter Hand - Entire soundtrack -NES
Legend of zelda : Link to the Past - entire soundtrack - snes

this is just a pinch I love. why can't music like these be around today. now we use Real bands or not as addictive music in our games, the last tune I really liked was the Sailing music on Zelda The Wind Waker.
Have you played dreamcast today?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Dreamcast4life wrote: the last tune I really liked was the Sailing music on Zelda The Wind Waker.
Hehe I agree. Good thing it was a catchy tune or I would have fallen asleep on some of those boating trips.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Videogames have become what they are now because the market and technology can bear them. With electronic gaming pulling in more money than the film industry, developers can afford to make bigger, more expensive games, that don't necessarily appeal to the entire family. But this is obvious.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I whole-heartily agree. Let's destroy EVERYTHING made after the Playstation was made. That'll show everyone how great classic gaming is. Yay for living in the past.
Sicario
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Sicario »

I don't like new style games mostly because they stopped being games and started trying to be control it yourself movies, while old games had a learning curve new games give you too many options of play with only a limited window of execution, for example, GTA, why yes, I can brutally beat someone on the street and hire a whore but no, I can't do a fluid jump on to something, or easily aim and kill someone. I prefer older games because they are games, not trying to be reality just being fun. I still do play new games, whenever a new 2d fighting game comes out I buy it :P
Fyifa Is In Love With Drajjia?
Drajjia is so drugs with Fyifa?

-Can I screw your nephew?