Drinking

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skater_dusto »

Hahaha, totally irrelevant. Don't give me any crap about conformity, after all, I'm posting on a forum that's dedicated to a dead console... 8-)

On a less hostile note, I'm unique just like everyone else so you've got no game, homie. Honestly, I may look like an average person who has lots of friends and a life, but I'm definitely a closet nerd. I actually don't do to parties because I don't like them. I went through a "ghetto" stage in highschool and I've learnt that hanging out with scummy ass kids, or even going to "parties" are just boring to me. I'd rather smoke a joint with a good friend and have conversations or read and converse more through msn messenger or forums. I'd say I have a much healthier body and mind than most people and I couldn't be more content.

And getting back onto the first few comments, you know nothing if you say things like you don't have to be intoxicated to have fun. There's a ratio in which most people use drugs in moderation, and being sober is definitely the bigger division in most peoples' cases. You need some real world experience if you're honestly going to recline to your comments.

May I suggest looking into ways to broaden your horizons such as the teachings of buddhism or meditation? :glug:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:I smoked 6 bowls and 5 joints of kb at a small party on Thursday night. Needless to say, I was still high well into the next day.
No you werent.

Yes.

I was so burnt I was still buzzing. I shit you not.
No you werent. It's not possible.
Well, I'm not going to continue with "Yes huh", "Nuh uh", but I thought you hated marijuana? Do you speak from experience?
At my old school I only knew 3 people that didn't smoke pot. I know all about it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Pot is great! Why I'm high right now and very hungry. :(
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Why do you have to test yourself Luriden? Why don't you just drink 1 or 2 and see how you feel? If you like it, stay with it. If you want another, drink another next time. It's not a big deal. Just be smart about it.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

down a slab of beer in a night :lol:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I think you have a bias against it, I think that a lot of people certainly do smoke pot but very few of them know ANYTHING about it. Most of the veteran smokers outside of my group of friends still insist that bongs "filter" out the bad chemicals and inherently gets you more high. And many other myths and "facts" from the last 10 years are still being regurgitated rather than real information. It's a shame too because in the last few years have been booming with breakthroughs in cannabis research, but oh well!

I half care about what people think about marijuana anymore, unless they're stoned and acting like a moron or are spitting out arguements that they couldn't back up if their lives depended on it.

You guys should all come to BC and smoke some of what we grow. The strains I have right now are so fresh and taste so good. All organically grown, and all the nutes (guano, lime, rose bone meal and what have you) have been flushed at the perfect time as to ensure an awesome cure. My friend's sadly not growing anymore because he's moving, so this strain (burmeese) he's been working on for four years won't be smoked anymore unless he germs some seeds or saves a couple clones in the fridge. Oh well! )()(
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Luriden wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
Luriden wrote:I'd much rather be sober and enjoy time with my family than "test myself" with alcohol at a party with one friend and a bunch of strangers.
Testing eh? Testing what exactly. Eitherway. Its nice to have a drink once in a while. I for one perfer the taste of beer to just bout everything. So for me its a hobby an expensive importing hobby.
Testing as in seeing how much I can drink before I puke. I think if I were to start drinking I should start drinking by myself first, that way I know my limitations for future reference.
No. Drink with a good buddy. The first time has to be shitty, you're gonna puke.

Its just the way things happen. Get a litre and a half of whiskey and down the shit. You won't die, but you're gonna puke.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Cannabis research? People actually bother to do that shit? It's fucking weed, get over it. There's nothing intellectual about getting high off your ass and acting like a douchebag.
Very sexy hero, omg
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

einbebop, you don't know much about getting high do you? You know the initial stage where you get "high off your ass and act like a dumbass" doesnt last very long if you smoke regularly. Just about a year. Then after that it just mellows you out.

I would bet money if you took 5 people who dont smoke and 5 regular smokers who recently got high and spoke to each person for 5 minutes you wouldn't be able to say for sure whose high and whose not.

What country are you from? The US looks at canabis as a dangerous substance but that doesnt mean it is. Most places in the world it is tolerable.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I know plenty about weed.

"Just about a year." And how isn't that a long time?

It's pretty damn obvious when someone is high. It's not exactly a secret or anything.

And I live in the same damn city as you.
Very sexy hero, omg
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

**Flame Alert**

Do you have the mental capacity of a two year old? Why do people research it? Are you kidding me? Obviously we research it to learn more about it, so that morons realize that there are a ton of medical benifits.

Educate yourself, son. Experience is teacher. You spend your whole, redneck life doing the exact same thing then you're never going to learn. You have to expand your conciousness if you're a person like me, or anyone else, you'd be bored with your life if it stayed exactly the same and you made no mental progession. I cannot live that life and many other cannot either.

Marijuana has some serious medical benifits, and I can recline as I have severe migranes that no other medications can resolve. Can you argue with that? Placebo? I think not. I could probably even be an applicant for MAPS or medical marijuana in Canada (The application process is very lengthy), but that's besides the point.

You know nothing about marijuana, and not to be too defensive, but you have no valid arguements in this besides "Durr... why would you dumbasses wanna sit around and get baked all day". The truth is that you have to smoke marijuana to make educated comments. The reason why people act like that is because they're stupid, smoke bad marijuana, and are generally dumbasses before they take their first toke.

You'll meet a million and one people who smoke and are far more educated, civilized persons than yourself. However I don't think you'd have the recognition skills to see it so there's no reason in me trying to convey this to you.

I think the content below could interest you. Read it and only then will I address you in the same mannor I would with someone I respect.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articl ... sc=I100322
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

|darc| wrote:
Skater_dusto wrote: I'll still take habitual smoking marijuana over drinking, mainly because it's what I'm accustomed to and it's far cheaper.
Uhh.. marijuana? You do know that stuff is illegal, don't you? :o
You also have to take into consideration why it is illegal. Also technical you can use it legaly. If you do it beucase of your relgion then you sure as hel can do it. Me? I don't really care wether it is illegal or not. I'll still smoke it till the day I die.
Skater_dusto wrote:I think you have a bias against it, I think that a lot of people certainly do smoke pot but very few of them know ANYTHING about it. Most of the veteran smokers outside of my group of friends still insist that bongs "filter" out the bad chemicals and inherently gets you more high.
Actualy Bongs do filter out SOME carcigins, but not all. It also will not get you any higher. Well if you mean that you wont waste as much beucase you are smoking out of a bowl instead of a joint or blunt and not wasitng smoke then kinda.
Also I know how to "handle" my high. Like if I need to I can pretend to be fine. Like infront of my frineds parents, and such. You can always over do things so like be careful. I mean as long as you arent going broke over a "habbit" then I see no harm to it. Hell I grow my own now so no worries about spending money.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

einbebop44 wrote:I know plenty about weed.

"Just about a year." And how isn't that a long time?

It's pretty damn obvious when someone is high. It's not exactly a secret or anything.

And I live in the same damn city as you.
Not true. I haven't smoked in a long time, but when I did no one ever knew. I never showed signs of being high, other then being mellow. I don't think of it as dangerous at all, and I don't see why it is illegal. Why did I stop smoking though, I just did, it sort of happened out of no where.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Ok, now I'm a redneck. Wow, just wow. All of a sudden center city Philadelphia turned into redneck country. I guess I missed that memo. :roll:

Fine, you win. You are so intelligent and a much more civilized person than I am or ever will be. You got me there.

[/sarcasm]

Honestly, skater_dusto, you are an idiot. You are flaming me because of my own experiences with weed, which you say I know nothing about. You did not actually "read" my posts; instead you just assumed I thought or said a bunch of crap and went from there. How in the name of fuck would you know what I've done and seen? You wouldn't.

If you don't act like a douchebag when you're high, that's fine. Great for you. The people I've seen have been very, very visibly fucked up and extremely loopy.

I'm so very sorry that I obviously haven't smoked as much of this shit as you, but I don't see the value in it. I's rather get my highs off of other things that won't fuck up my lungs and make my clothes smell like shit.

To be honest, I think drinking is much worse than smoking weed. But if either is abused, they'll both fuck you up pretty bad. So the way I see it, I should just avoid 'em.
Very sexy hero, omg
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

A year is not a long time at all. They seem to go by like days now. I've been smoking almost every day for about 10 years now. I feel the same as I have always felt. I've just graduated college with an acceptional GPA and have a job lined up in a foreign country for a year.

To say that smoking just makes you a dumbass is bogus. People use being high as an excuse to be a dumbass and just give the stuff a bad name. Smoking pot is no different than smoking any type plant, including tabacco except you don't smell like dirt all the time and it's a lot cheaper.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Admittedly the tar content of "real" marijuana's unknown because everything that's been tested was all bunk, literally stems and seeds. All the drug companies that have researched marijuana are trying to press the government to use homegrown cannabis, or cannabis that's grown under a standardized condition rather than what's supplied to them. Unfortunately the professors, drug research and medical companies are only permitted to test goverment issued to them soooo....... pretty much a whole shitload of "facts" can be thrown out the window, heh.

So all in all, I love it when people try to argue with me. Because I've got probably hundreds of medical books, magazines, papers, and essays that I can site, and actually understand rather than regurgitate, to back up my statements. Don't even bother argueing with someone if you don't know the facts. That's what debate's all about, so long as you can back up what you say I will respect you. And when people are dumbasses, they get same treatment back. I noticed I go on tangents but hey, I don't care too much about what I say on forums half the time because my eyes sort of gook out, and I'll start with one thing and move to another... that and I don't go over my posts after. Mwahaha
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I never talked about the medical merits of weed. It's a fact that smoking weed will fuck up your lungs if you do it for long enough. Eating the stuff or taking it from a bong? I don't know.

I'm not arguing with you, skater_dusto. I'm pissed that you assumed a bunch of shit and flamed me. There's no reason for that type of behavior. You must be kidding yourself if you think this is some sort of debate.

I never said smoking made you a dumbass. The people that I've seen high did act like dumbasses.

This really isn't worth talking about on a freaking Dreamcast forum. Honestly, it's weed. If you want to smoke it fine. If you don't then that's also fine.
Very sexy hero, omg
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

einbebop44 wrote:I'm not arguing with you, skater_dusto. I'm pissed that you assumed a bunch of poop and flamed me. There's no reason for that type of behavior. You must be kidding yourself if you think this is some sort of debate.
He hasn't exactly shown the best behavior in the past either.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

If you're referring to the meth thread, Random_Troll, that comment was in light of me thinking that you were speaking of the dare marijuana commercial.

I honestly thought you were mocking that commercial because of your use of capital letters, and that it almost outright mimicked the commercial where the seemingly happy going stoners drove through a drive through, then unexpectedly (yet expectedly, because they smoked pot) an innocent life was taken which was that of a little girl. You directly implied that she died because of them being high, so I added on with a dumb comment that I regret. I was going to send you an email, or download aim to get your addy but I thought I'd just forget about it and not appologize as dcemu would think I was totally insensitive. Thought it was a day ban once I realized what I was banned for, then I thought it was for flaming.... but chances are the comment I made, which again was a total innocent accident, was what pushed things over the edge for my careless behavior..

So to anyone who saw that post I made and thought I was an a sshole, now you know, heh. Thought it woudn't condone a public appology and that I could send a pm, but chances are you'll read this message and other people who read my post would as well. :kiss)

I'm going to stop posting in this thread because I look like a total thread jacking, elitist flamer. lol
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

einbebop44 wrote:I never talked about the medical merits of weed. It's a fact that smoking weed will fudge up your lungs if you do it for long enough. Eating the stuff or taking it from a bong? I don't know.

I'm not arguing with you, skater_dusto. I'm pissed that you assumed a bunch of poop and flamed me. There's no reason for that type of behavior. You must be kidding yourself if you think this is some sort of debate.

I never said smoking made you a dumbass. The people that I've seen high did act like dumbasses.

This really isn't worth talking about on a freaking Dreamcast forum. Honestly, it's weed. If you want to smoke it fine. If you don't then that's also fine.
Well, actually, it has little to nothing to do with how long you do it for. It's how often you do it. If you smoked up once a week (Let's say 2 joints) then you're doing about as much lung damage as someone who smokes a pack of cigarettes a week. Yes, over time this will affect you, but by and large smog will have larger effect. Or living near a forest fire. Or any number of other things. If you took a couple of months off once a year and didn't smoke anything, your lungs would heal themselves a great deal.

Besides that, eating it won't affect your lungs, as you don't generally get food into your lungs.

The people that you've seen high acting like dumbasses were likely rookies. You probably have seen a lot more people stoned and had no idea that they were stoned.

I have to agree with Dusto in that, on this forum, people tend to bash things that they don't know about, whether it be religion, the lack thereof, drugs, alcohol, etc. It seems that people form uneducated opinions and hold to them strongly. But hey, people do that in the real world too.

But I could always be wrong