New Videogame Auction site

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Videogame Auction site

Post by The Kron »

I've been working on this over the past few months with someone I know to develop a self contained auction site that caters specifically for everything Videogames related and hopefully offer a service and level of knowledge that ebay can't compete with (ie no pirate or spam auctions).

Technically the site is still in beta but fully operational and we hope to have everything finalised at the end of next week.

If anyone would like to register please do, We plan to advertise the site this coming month on quite a few high profile websites and also in the national press and gaming media for the UK.

The site is open to users from anywhere in the world and when the site goes final the fee's and prices will be considerably cheaper than the usual auction sites. While the site is in the final stages of the beta period listing an item for sale is totally free and all charges applied will be voided so If anyone wants to list something it will cost you nothing (the only fee that is applicable is if you want the item featured on the homepage, every other option has no charge applied).

There are many things we plan to introduce such as competitions etc.

http://www.videogameauctions.com
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I like it, except it seems to be UK-only. If it's going to be international, I'd recommend dividing the auctions into regions and to be able to switch the listed currency.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

There be 2 pc engine cd's not in the pc engine bit, theyre in Other Classic Gaming instead, & a regular pc engine title also, still beta days yet
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

I don't like the fact I can't see everything available in the catagory at once, IE I click "Atari Jaguar" I want to see all games and hardware.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Wtf, you have Cyprus and Uzbekistan, but no Canada....for shame.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Under the convert option it should list to combine both the shipping and price to convert. That's worded weird... The convert window should list both shipping and the curent bid. That way you know the total. Just an idea. Great site though. Good luck :D

Edit: it seems like you could make a killing reselling games from the states.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I registered, looks spiffy. If it gets off the ground, I think it will be pretty cool. I can help that out; this summer I'll have tons of Dreamcast stuff coming along.

Oh, and you might want to watch some of the things like "buyitnow" and stuff. eBay might have trademarked those.
Very sexy hero, omg
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

If anyone has a space for a banner/affiliate link and would like to help promote VGA please use this:

Thanks!
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Can someone post a list of good auction sites or just regular sites to visit to get some more games. Ebay is getting tiresome and I'm almost positive some of these jerks have friends bump up prices in the auctions to get more than they would normally. I have yet to get that "killer" deal on ebay.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Wow i like it, already registed, if i can remember my login info for my gcemulation site ill post your banner up on it (sure i dont really update it anymore but it still gets hits, and every little bit helps right?).

Anyways good look with the site, and i cant wait to start buying some games off it :mrgreen: .
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

I like it and will register later on tonight. Ebay is great and all, but as of late the people have really jacked up both shipping prices and whatnot.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Thanks for your support guys.

Unlike ebay we actually listen to our users so anything that will improve the site and be of benefit will always be listened to.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations please let me know as I'd appreciate people recommending the site via word of mouth initially before we start the main advertising for the site.

We already have 50+ updates planned for next week that will be implemented.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Wow, looking good kron!
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Indeed. registered.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I'm gonna sign up. Ebay=Evil......
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Just an update for the people who don't read through the news section of VGA...

1. The are NO listing or service fee's for the site currently, Every single aspect of the site is free.

2. New members who auction items for sale will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a full price game of their choice (any region).

If you read another messageboard who would appreciate the site and what it offers please spread the news.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I signed up, though I hope to see some ppl selling some games in the US at some point.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

I hope to see that too, I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys in the US/Canada/South Americas would start listing a few items (even with reserves if you'd prefer) hopefully it'll start a snowball effect and make the US side more active.

Half of the sites registered members are US based so It would be great for people to start trying out the site and giving options.

Thanks if anyone would be kind enough :)
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I will try. Maybe some gay snes games or something. Or some ps1 games on the cheap(sports) like for 3 bucks shipped.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

The website is apporaching the slowness of ebay on my 56k connection. Perhaps an option to turn off some of the features that slow it down?